Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Novel study of high-potency cannabis shows some memory effects

Researchers observed participants over Zoom as they used high-potency cannabis they purchased themselves from dispensaries in Washington state, where recreational cannabis is legal. After administering cognitive tests, researchers found no impact on users' performance on decision-making tests in comparison to a sober group but did find memory impairments related to free recall, source memory and false memories. This study is one of the few to investigate cannabis flower and concentrates containing more than 10% THC.

While the findings are in line with previous research on low-potency cannabis, this study is one of the few to investigate cannabis that contains much more than 10% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the plant's main psychoactive ingredient. This is only the second known study to examine the effect of cannabis concentrates.

Click on the link for the full article

Ok, I'm back...where to start...

So, the two smaller plants are basically dead, no point in talking about those. The other three smaller ones were transplanted into bigger pots and seem to be doing ok for now. However, the bigger ones that were transplanted a few weeks ago have had their lower leaves turn yellow. After doing research, it seems like a magnesium deficiency, it could also be nitrates, but magnesium seems to be the most likely cause. I bought a second, digital soil tester, which was broken before I got a chance to use it. These plants are supposed to be entering the flowering phase in the next week and they're not close to being ready, they're quite small and not in the best of health. Also,  have no place to really put them where they can get the darkness that they would need for 12 hours.

My will to grow these plants has waned, I'm willing to let these go so I can start on the next batch and do things right. Also, my roommate has this idea that cutting off dead leaves helps, he also wants to cut off the lower leaves to force the nutrients up to the healthier leaves up top...haven't really heard of that...

Anyways, I was eyeing some MagCal and was going to put it in the water. Any suggestions?

• Sad 3

Cutting leaves will stress the plant more tho. 

Spare closet or spare bathroom for complete darkness? If not you can always purchase a grow tent.

If you're seriously starting over I'd recommend looking at a DWC setup. Personally I think soil is too problematic. 5-10 gallon cooler, air pump, n air stones is the way to go imo. 

@Simmsy

CalMag is a decent quick fix quite a few people use and might be worth a shot. 

Lolipopping or defoliation is something that is done with healthy plants in the last couple weeks of veg or the first week of flower so that energy is focused to the main bud sites and allows for better air circulation below the canopy. 

However, this is a stressor and not the time at all for dude to be doing that and these plants aren’t being given time to properly recover. 

• Like 2

Psaki: Biden unmoved on marijuana legalization despite Schumer legislation

President Joe Biden still opposes marijuana legalization, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Wednesday, putting him at odds with Democratic leadership on Capitol Hill as it advances legislation to end the federal prohibition on pot.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer unveiled draft legislation Wednesday that would legalize marijuana as well as expunge non-violent criminal records related to marijuana. Schumer's proposal, cosponsored by Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) would allow states to decide whether or not to legalize the drug.

Asked about the majority leader's proposal, Psaki told reporters at her Wednesday press briefing that Biden’s stance on marijuana legalization hasn’t changed. The president has previously supported marijuana decriminalization, but hasn’t gone so far as to support legalization.

“I have spoken in the past about the president’s views on marijuana,” Psaki told the White House press corps, adding, “nothing has changed. There’s no new endorsements of legislation to report today.”

Asked again about cannabis later in the briefing, Psaki said she hadn’t spoken with the president about this specific piece of legislation — but again reiterated that Biden’s position hasn’t changed.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3

Man I ****ing love all the different flavors of weed. It’s such an incredible plant. 

We’ve got this gelonade which is lemon tree x gelato and the limonene terp has such a strong lemon flavor that it coats your tongue and is so damn delicious. 

We’ve also got some strawberry banana (strawberry bubblegum x banana Kush) that is like this super sweet strawberry bubblegum flavor that goes great with elbow farms maraschino cherriez and this other sweet dessert strain called Nice Cream. 

I’ve been learning some cool stuff about mono vs poly terpenes and how different ones pair with different methods of smoking. I’m trying to learn as much as possible about the flavor dynamics and breeding so I can one day make my own strains that are fine tuned to my palate and chemistry. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 2

My 2'x4' grow tent kit just got here.

tenor.gif

Now I need to decide what strain I want to start out with. I'm a bit more of an indica person, and I'm looking for something that's pretty forgiving for a first time grower. I'm currently thinking of Northern Lights, Blueberry, or maybe Banana Kush though I know BK has pretty heavy sativa influence too.

• Like 4

If you pick Northern Lights I recommend AK Bean Brains stock. He’s got a massive library of old school seeds like beatrix choice, skunk and northern lights. I’ve got his NL#5xTriangle KushxHaze (NL Dom) strain on my wish list. Apparently the **** is so strong it’ll make some people pass out, which is partly due to its medical benefit of lowering blood pressure in the body. 

I don’t know if it’s a good strain for beginners to grow though. I haven’t checked on that aspect yet.  

• Like 2

I've heard you can keep the plant in the vegetative state for as long as you want, is that true? My plants have been on the 18 hour light cycle for 2.5 months now and it doesn't seem like they're getting any bigger for flowering. I'd rather let these ones go and start over with new seeds.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I've heard you can keep the plant in the vegetative state for as long as you want, is that true? My plants have been on the 18 hour light cycle for 2.5 months now and it doesn't seem like they're getting any bigger for flowering. I'd rather let these ones go and start over with new seeds.

Yes, people keep mother plants in a perpetual veg state so they can take clones. People can also re-veg previously harvested plants if they really like that phenotype, however it takes awhile and you have to keep a couple bud sites on there so they can make the transition. 

The amount of time to veg is so varied and is super context sensitive. However most people veg from 30-90 days with most doing it for 60 unless they’re pheno-hunting or doing sea of green, where they will veg for 30 days or even less. I’ve seen some people go straight to 12/12 after a couple weeks of seedling stage because they wanted to quickly run through cultivars to find certain genetic traits. 

Just an fyi, plants typically stretch or double in height the first three weeks or so of flower. However, I get it if you want to start over. So much of having a chill grow comes with starting strong and getting your environment on point. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Any of you have experience with Gorilla Glue? I was a bit wary of it given it's super high THC content (up to 30% IIRC) but from what I've read it's still a very tranquil and relaxing high.

Yup, I like gorilla glue and I’m growing a nana glue right now (gg#4 x banana butter cups). GG is pretty strong, sticky, and sedative from what most people say. I’m bad at judging strength because my tolerance is so high, but it definitely isn’t racey or anxiety inducing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

@Fresh8686Wouldn't someone just go with autos if they wanted to do SOG with such a short veg? Seems like feminized would be a bit pointless in that case.

It depends on what the grower is trying to do. That short veg time is mostly for breeders doing pheno hunts or personal growers who care more about variety than yield. 

In the first case the ruderalis genetics in auto’s will be a no go for breeders who are looking to cross photo-periods. Further there are genetic issues with the dominant and recessive genes within ruderalis plants that make certain crosses problematic which get in the way of selecting certain traits and getting them to carry over down further generations. 

For personal grows with variety in mind it can be hard to manage varying autos because you will have no control over when they all desire to flower which can be a pain when managing and attempting to have a level canopy. 

I’m not really into auto’s personally and once I get my breeding and growing skills up I won’t be messing with feminized plants as much either. I don’t want to breed with them and insert genetic instability on the chromosome level, although with certain strains like sour diesel or cookie strains that instability is already present. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Any of you have experience with Gorilla Glue? I was a bit wary of it given it's super high THC content (up to 30% IIRC) but from what I've read it's still a very tranquil and relaxing high.

10/10

a favorite 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, tshile said:

10/10

a favorite 

Would you recommend it for someone who doesn't smoke much or is it a bit too potent? I'm not a novice smoker in general, but it's been many years since I smoked more than once in a  blue moon so my tolerance is much lower than it was when I was younger.

I just don't want to grow plants and then find out I have half a pound of stuff that's too potent for me to enjoy. :ols:

Edited by mistertim

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Would you recommend it for someone who doesn't smoke much or is it a bit too potent? I'm not a novice smoker in general, but it's been many years since I smoked more than once in a  blue moon so my tolerance is much lower than it was when I was younger.

I just don't want to grow plants and then find out I have half a pound of stuff that's too potent for me to enjoy. :ols:

In my experience strength isn’t a given for people. There’s different things that play into how they affect different people. 

it is among the strongest in my opinion. If being among the strongest is an issue for you then maybe stay away?

ok the flip side if you’re basically going to become a heavier user then just do it and push through the tolerance curve. You’re gonna get there anyways. 

im also the type of person that is given edibles and told to be careful cause they’re really strong, so I take two at a time. And maybe a third later.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to understand the edibles (gummies) being sold at the Virginia dispensaries vs. those sold in other states. For example, here is the info on 1 edible sold in the Richmond dispensary:

DESCRIPTION

Medicated Chews by gLeaf

Dosage per Piece:
THC: 8.05 mg CBD: 6.51 mg

10 pieces per container

Here is info on an edible sold in Maryland:

DETAILS
100mg CBD/100mg THC 10pk*
*This % may represent an aggregate of THC/CBD, THCa/CBDa, THCb/CBDb within the product. Consumers should review the actual product label for exact % of THC/CBD.

I've seen other THC % on different edibles I've had. So, what is a 'typical' THC percent per gummie? I was under the obviously mistaken impression that VA edibles had only minor-to-mild THC included in them. But looking at the MD at 10mg/pc vs. VA at 8.05mg/pc that doesn't seem to be the case. And from a pricing perspective, the VA edible at $50 vs. the MD edible at $28 seems like people in VA are being seriously ripped off.