Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Go look back.

The incumbent usually loses house seats. Senate isn’t always the case. 

1998 the gop went to far with impeachment and didn’t do well as expected. Maybe even lost seats. It cost Newt the speakership. So, the Dems didn’t fare bad.

2002, 9/11 helped the gop gain seats.

In today’s environment; given how crazy the gop us- the crazies damn well will get elected in the house. You will see more maga nuts, not less.  In the senate/ governorships; you running statewide. So, it’s harder for nuts to win.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but people talk about it like it's a sure thing. Everyone was clamoring about how Va's Gubernatorial race was going to be a bell weather of things to come, they also told us to watch out for New Jersey's race. The republican squeaked by here and the dem squeaked by in New Jersey...with the exact same win percentage. I don't think there is a bell weather, I don't think the incumbent party loses in the midterms, at least not anymore. I still appreciate polling, but I think it gets taken out of context of what it actually means.

GOP Candidate Jarrin Jackson Accuses Michelle Obama of Promoting ‘Evil Godlessness’ and ‘Luciferianism’

Jarrin Jackson, a radical antisemitic, anti-LGBTQ right-wing activist and conspiracy theorist who is running for a seat in the Oklahoma Senate, has a long history of making outrageous comments, as The Oklahoman documented Friday. As if to prove that point, Jackson used his livestream Friday morning to suggest that former first lady Michelle Obama is a man and to accuse her of promoting “evil godlessness” with her forthcoming book.

Obama is set to release “The Light We Carry” later this year and recently filmed a promotional video to promote it in which she explained that the book contains tips for those who may be feeling “out of balance” on how to remain “centered” during these difficult times.

For Jackson, Obama’s use of such terms means that she is promoting “Luciferianism.”

“She ain’t a Christian,” Jackson said. “In fact, you know there’s a song I want to play.”

Jackson then played a short clip of Aerosmith’s “Dude Looks Like A Lady” before mockingly pretending that he mistakenly played that song.

“I didn’t mean to play the first one,” Jackson asserted facetiously. “Michelle Obama is new age. She’s lying. She doesn’t know Jesus.”

“She’s occultic,” he continued. “She’s talking about balance. Balance. It’s the light and the dark. That’s occultism. She’s balancing this, and whenever she’s saying the light, what light is it, Michelle? See, Jesus is the light.”

Click on the link for the full article

49 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Whoever it is on Fetterman's staff coming up with these responses needs a raise & a spot on every Democrat's 2022 campaign!

This is when I said "I am going to keep my eye on this Fetterman guy."  It was a Ted Talk he gave as mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania, a steel town near Pittsburgh that was all but abandoned and made modern day Detroit look like Valhalla.

• Thumb up 1

Trump's big policy idea, outlined just now, is to create massive tent cities on the outskirts of cities where you'll send the homeless populations

Yeah just concentrate the homeless into camps outside of cities. What could go wrong with that? 🤪

I mean **** all that trying to provide them with say affordable housing, accrss to healthcare, or steady employment. That's for the communist.  

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah just concentrate the homeless into camps outside of cities. What could go wrong with that? 🤪

I mean **** all that trying to provide them with say affordable housing, accrss to healthcare, or steady employment. That's for the communist.  

Yeah there's absolutely no way that massively concentrating homeless people into tent slums that literally surround a ****ing city could ever backfire. 

Wonder what Tom Morello would think about it...

2P3XXSqo4aTNDM8jcaw96Z.jpg

Edited by mistertim
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, youngestson said:

God what an ass. His own child and he can't stand up to his GOPer peers even on one flippn' issue. 

How the **** could you actually face your gay son after literally voting to stop him from being able to marry the person he loves? Maybe it's something they just implicitly agree not to talk about when they're around each other or something? Kind of like how George and Kellyanne Conway probably are at home? 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Isn't NJ the only state to not have self-serve gas stations?  (I think that was the case not very long ago...anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Yeah NJ still doesn't allow self serve gas. Does Oregon still have it? Haven't been there in almost 25 years. I remember getting yelled at by an attendant when I tried to put gas in my van. My response was oh its just like Jersey. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah NJ still doesn't allow self serve gas. Does Oregon still have it? Haven't been there in almost 25 years. I remember getting yelled at by an attendant when I tried to put gas in my van. My response was oh its just like Jersey. 🤣

Yeah, Oregon too...wild idea, employing people...pffftt.....:ols:

• Thumb up 1

WaPo Opinion: 5 reasons Democrats could defy history in the midterms

By now you’ve heard it a hundred times: The president’s party almost always sustains a brutal defeat in the midterm elections, and this November is unlikely to be any different. With President Biden’s approval ratings in the dumps and Democrats in Congress struggling to pass legislation, this year will probably look like 2018, 2014, 2010, 2006 and 1994 — all years when the president’s party got crushed.

But what if this year is one of the exceptions?

This isn’t a prediction; no one can tell you what will happen. But there are at least five big reasons this year could become one we mention alongside 1998 and 2002 — midterms when the president’s party emerged unscathed. Almost all those reasons have to do not with anything brilliant Democrats are doing, but the many ways Republicans are turning voters off.