Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Just pointing out - This isn't new. 

When the GOP took over Congress, Newt Gingrich literally announced that there were new rules in Washington. 

It was no longer acceptable for corporations to donate to both parties. If you do, the GOP will willingly take your money. But you won't get "special access" unless you donate exclusively to Republicans. 

• Thumb down 1

DeSantis is really dangerous. From trying to draw his own congressional maps so brown people don’t have voices to suspending or taking away money from organizations because they do not act in “his” interest. Not the country’s interest. 

Everything is personal with this guy. It is not becoming of an American democratic leader. By taking away money from The Rays because they are trying to throw their money to curb gun violence, especially against children, makes me believe that you do not value anybodys life.

If you can not stick up for children and even help fund a youth program because of what you “perceive” as a slight, then you are a disgusting piece of ****.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

14 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I can just view Del Rio as a DC.  Then this mother****er goes ahead and retrieves his Twitter password.  WTF.

He's being interviewed now (broadcast on 106.7) and clammed up nice and tight about his comments. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

DeSantis is really dangerous. From trying to draw his own congressional maps so brown people don’t have voices to suspending or taking away money from organizations because they do not act in “his” interest. Not the country’s interest. 

Everything is personal with this guy. It is not becoming of an American democratic leader. By taking away money from The Rays because they are trying to throw their money to curb gun violence, especially against children, makes me believe that you do not value anybodys life.

If you can not stick up for children and even help fund a youth program because of what you “perceive” as a slight, then you are a disgusting piece of ****.

And I think that a big part of that, is that in the modern GOP, being a bigoted lying dictator is a winner with the voters.  

We've been seeing warnings for decades,  

The reaction to Sandy Hook.  

Presidential candidates literally announcing their intent to order the DOJ to go after his enemies.  

The Party literally, as a whole, deciding that supporting the interests of a lethal, contagious, disease, over the actual lives of their voters, is a winner.  

The Party unanimously deciding that a POTUS personally trying to extort the head of a foreign country into helping his reelection campaign "isn't impeachable".  

Deciding that passing constitutional amendments that make it illegal for the state to give equal treatment to homosexuals, is a great "get out our vote" tool.  

Heck.  Remember the Reagan administration's response to AIDS?  I'll give you a hint.  It was "Hey, it's only killing people who don't vote for us.  We should actually make it illegal to study the disease."  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Well now I'm kinda curious to know the whereabouts of JDR on 1/6/21. 🤭

I think we were out of the playoffs at that point, right?

16 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Oh my God, he (Del Rio) just called 1/6 "a dustup at the Capitol." 

My father and practically all of his buddies are toe the line Republicans.  I was out with him and one of his buddies yesterday evening, his friend was pretty irked that "They're still talking about January 6th like it was a big deal."

I just...I dunno.  I probably should have said something but there's no point in escalating.  When they're that age and they've got their heels dug in, it's just wasted time and effort.  I almost wanted to be like "Yeah, can you imagine if it was BLM storming the Capitol?  Would you feel differently?"

Anyway, this thread is magnificent:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Something tells me he doesn’t refer to the riots that broke out from the 2020 protests as “dustups”.

You'd be the correct.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think we were out of the playoffs at that point, right?

Nope. Three days before the playoff game vs the Bucs. 🤔

• Sad 1

I try hard not to let anyone’s political beliefs impact how I view them as a person.  I have to do this A LOT.  Most of my close friends aren’t very political and have no problem dishing out disgust with both republicans and democrats.  But many people I know, family and acquaintances, subscribe to the typical GOP/Trumper mindset.  I have to keep in mind that they are brainwashed by what they’ve absorbed for so long and the state of the world currently is doing no favors in swaying them, if that’s even possible at all.

But I cannot for the life of my understand how any of these people can downplay Jan. 6th with a straight face.  It’s part of why I respect Adam Kinzinger so much, in that it’s easy to side with your party and duck and dodge the issues that don’t sit well, for the sake of continued political prosperity.  But standing up to all these maniacs and calling this what it is takes guts, and it really shouldn’t.  Nothing could be more cut and dry as far as to why it’s incredibly important and wrong- no asterisks or what abouts.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

Heck.  Remember the Reagan administration's response to AIDS?  I'll give you a hint.  It was "Hey, it's only killing people who don't vote for us.  We should actually make it illegal to study the disease."  

i agree with you on everything, but I actually don’t remember this because I was too young. However, I have read a bit on his policies and I know he is a massive reason why we are having huge problems today. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

You'd be the correct.

Nope. Three days before the playoff game vs the Bucs. 🤔

The summer of protests with some unfortunate looting / property damage that did occur; didn't attempt to overthrow an election.

Nothing will to Jack since He's probably aligned with Dan's views.

I do wonder if Jack's personal views are impacting the locker room? Could part of the defense's poor play; is players tuning him out and rebelling against him?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyway, this thread is magnificent:  

That's a really great thread, thanks for posting it. 

I think this tweet really boils a lot of it down. The "right" group of people should get to tell the "wrong" groups of people what to do, but not vice-versa. In this case the "right" group is basically white christians. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

i agree with you on everything, but I actually don’t remember this because I was too young. However, I have read a bit on his policies and I know he is a massive reason why we are having huge problems today. 

I was in my 30s when Reagan was president. Also being Lesbian and Gay men suffering from a mysterious disease that was then called AIDS and Reagan refusing to do anything to help because "gays" was abominable. Horrible president. Plus the pusher of the trickle down economic theory. Anyone with a brain knew that it was a huge mistake to think that once wealthy people got more free money that they would allow it out of their grubby hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm so sick of this bull****. Why do some people get to "retroactively" do **** once they're caught doing something illegal? That's like when politicians and influential figures get to "revise" financial statements they submitted because they got caught lying about getting money from a certain source.

The only way you should get to do that and get off scot-free is if you can demonstrate that you truly didn't realize what was happening, which is probably almost never in these cases. Otherwise, charge them with the ****ing crime they committed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2