Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day 1 - First Round - Discussion Thread

Coolio47

23 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Since some of us regulars that I love (to hate? :P ) are in here right now... I wanted to get your opinions. What do you think about locking this thread up after each day?

So this will be for the first round tonight. Then I'll open a new one for Friday Night. Then finally Saturday. Sort of a way for people to follow the discussion easier than having one giant mega thread they have to go through if they missed anything?

What do you guys think? One mega thread for ease of location or one for each day to make it easier to follow the discussion of draft separated by day?   

Of course, I'll re-open them immediately after the draft. Same as the Comprehensive thread (which I'm definitely going to lock up just like we did last draft, that's not up for debate). 

I vote for lock it each day...

10 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The only question I would have for doing things that way is, where does the discussion of the first-round pick go if you lock the thread at the end of the night?

There will be a lot of folks who can't be here tonight who will want to give their 2 cents on the selection the next day. Where would that discussion go?

PCS always starts threads for each draft pick, usually rather quickly...it can continue there.

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I like this idea. Where do we chat after the round is over but before round 2 begins tomorrow night, etc.?

I'd keep it open until the new thread is made. :) 

25 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The only question I would have for doing things that way is, where does the discussion of the first-round pick go if you lock the thread at the end of the night?

There will be a lot of folks who can't be here tonight who will want to give their 2 cents on the selection the next day. Where would that discussion go?

See above. ;) 

Ok.... so looks like I'm sensing a consensus, or at least close to one, around here. I think it'll help with people tracking the discussion better if we lock up the threads. 

What I'll do is keep the thread open until the next day when the draft starts again (or maybe just a few hours before then). That way it'll encompass most of the discussion surrounding those day's picks. And like mentioned above by @Califan007, @PCS will be doing the "welcome" threads so that should cover any additional discussion about the particular pick if necessary.  

In the end, it'll keep a pretty organized flow to the discussion around here as well as an ability for anyone who may have missed out on things that not have to go through as massive of a mega thread as just one "Draft Discussion" thread would be. 

Thanks for the opinions, fellas. :) 

And, remember, I'll be re-opening all of said threads (including Comprehensive threads) once draft is over so if anyone wants to continue a particular discussion within those threads that was happening they can. So they won't be locked forever. 

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I just don't want the team to be in the headlines, but the guys in the front office love the drama. Stay at #17 or trade back, but please don't do a ridiculous trade for a top 5-10 pick. 

Mama always told me not to look into the sights of the sun,
Whoa, but mama that's where the fun is...
Ooh, yeah....

All these Jabrill Peppers rumors.  The one thing its doing for me is making some of the other rumors more acceptable to me.  I was refreshing myself on Peppers just now.  Love the dude's personality and he's one heck of a dynamic kick-punt returner but otherwise I am having a hard time getting into this one. 

http://www.chatsports.com/washington-redskins/a/source/redskins-rumors-team-not-interested-in-jarrad-davis-dalvin-cook-13485042

The Redskins have been a rumored landing spot for Florida linebacker Jarrad Davis and Florida State running back Dalvin Cook. After speaking with team sources, the Redskins are said to not be interested in either player. One has to be wary of the smoke-screen factor given the timing. However, they said the team does have legitimate interest in Michigan safety Jabrill Peppers. It sounds like Peppers is more in play for their second-round pick rather than their Thursday night selection.

These rumors would make sense for a multitude of reasons. In terms of Jarrad Davis, the Redskins may have other linebackers on their board that are more highly rated than him. There is a chance that Reuben Foster could be on the board with their pick, or they could be interested in adding Zach Cunningham in the second round. For Dalvin Cook, there are a lot of character concerns surrounding him, and that has turned some teams off. In a deep running back class, the Redskins could opt to add a guy like Samaje Perine or Brian Hill in the middle rounds and get a similar impact.

The Jabrill Peppers news is something we reported on earlier the day. The Redskins may try to move into the back end of the first round to select Peppers, but they also could elect to target him with their second round pick, as Campbell suggests. Perhaps they will look to trade up a few spots in the second round as a compromise. They will not lose as much value by waiting to do that.

Archived