Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day 1 - First Round - Discussion Thread

Coolio47

9 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Anyone else think this "red carpet" thing for the draft on NFLN is completely absurd for the event?

Well, it's also completely absurd that they stretch the draft out over 3 days, but I suppose people will put up with a lot of BS to see who their team drafts lol

I'm not sure that these changes taking place mean that any fan approves of them!

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Very much so but Id bet this absurd show has higher TV ratings than most non NFL sporting events.

True, but it was so bad on NFLN, so hokey and staged that I couldn't keep watching, had to change channel. 

Surprisingly ESPN has been doing actual football coverage, so sticking with them until close to draft time.

I like Hooker more than Adams. While Adams is pretty much good at everything, Hooker has special coverage skills and instincts. Plus, he takes it to the house VERY frequently when he gets the ball. People say his tackling skills could use help, but that's not his specialty and when running backs get all the way back to him, it's a blown play most of the time anyways. 

Please don't **** this up, FO.

I really, really, really don't want to have that feeling of dread dropping like a lead weight into my stomach after our pick is announced. That feeling quickly being followed by anger. I've been looking forward to the draft for months, please don't ruin it for me immediately. I want to be happy tonight, and hopeful.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I really, really, really don't want to have that feeling of dread dropping like a lead weight into my stomach after our pick is announced. That feeling quickly being followed by anger. I've been looking forward to the draft for months, please don't ruin it for me immediately. I want to be happy tonight, and hopeful.

What would make you feel happy and hopeful?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Um, if Cook is our #1 RB then why would we bother trading up for Fournette at all? Cook isn't going before our pick from everything everyone is saying. Maybe not even in the 1st. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Im already disappointed and it hasn't even started yet. I just know we'll do something stupid.

There have sure been a lot of changes to all he rankings and mock drafts since the last football game was played.  I Understand the interviews and medical reports, but most of the changes seem to be mob fury.  Some talking head starts talking and it off.  I hope the front office remembers the film, and doesn't get caught up in the hype.  Riddick wasn't even a first day guy at the end of the season, now they are projecting top 10.  Crazy.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Keep in mind this is a very erratic round 1 in terms of projections. There are players that will be available at 17 that some people love and some people hate.

I am hopeful a consensus good pick falls to us, but this draft after 10 has many promising players that all have question marks and doubters. I'd like Reuben Foster, for example, but he has some flags and there are some who don't like him, and even some who think he should fall to round 2. Same with Dalvin Cook, same with McKinnley, McDowell, McCaffrey, even Reddick. 

There are a couple "ho-hum/ meh" players that will be available that I hope we pass on. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Um, if Cook is our #1 RB then why would we bother trading up for Fournette at all? Cook isn't going before our pick from everything everyone is saying. Maybe not even in the 1st. 

the point of the tweet is both rumors can't be true.  I am sticking with Cook goes to Tampa at #19.  I'd be more than cool with taking him at #17 but I'd be slightly surprised.

Archived