Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

In the end this is all just revenge-pron-lit. Uber nerd GRRM writing an epic of the downfall of alpha males at the hands of castoffs, the disabled, women, and the oppressed . . . aaaand that's why it's truly found in the FANTASY section and not because of dragons, swords, and magic. 

48 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

In the end this is all just revenge-pron-lit. Uber nerd GRRM writing an epic of the downfall of alpha males at the hands of castoffs, the disabled, women, and the oppressed . . . aaaand that's why it's truly found in the FANTASY section and not because of dragons, swords, and magic. 

It all started because Aerys Targaryen had a mental disability.  

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, zoony said:

Here is a theory I came up with.  Odds are good some other dork came up with it too.  But I think that Sams girlfriend and son will somehow be a key ingredient to the destruction of the walkers, given their dna and the fact that the WW leadership is descended from their same bloodline.  I think Sam will figure something out there, though Im not sure what

/nerd

I've mentioned it here on multiple occasions that I think Sam Tarly is going to wind up on the Iron Throne.  Unlike your theory above which has actual reasoning, mine is just a combination of thinking that this whole series is George Martin's way of symbolically getting back at people who picked on him as a teenager, and because he's tubby, the fat guy wins in the end.

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

I've mentioned it here on multiple occasions that I think Sam Tarly is going to wind up on the Iron Throne.  Unlike your theory above which has actual reasoning, mine is just a combination of thinking that this whole series is George Martin's way of symbolically getting back at people who picked on him as a teenager, and because he's tubby, the fat guy wins in the end.

Quick point of order:  the show runners are David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.  It'll ultimately be their decision, not GRRM.  

But yea, we should be able to make a thread out of "Who wins GoT??  It'll be like Clue, you have to pick who, how, and give one other non-obvious detail.  First person to nail it wins.

I pick Jon, in the observatory, with the candlestick (made of ****ing dragons).  

19 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

You know about the woman with a monkey tail who did great deeds to end the long night?  Because she's a product of incest, Gilly has sort of a tail as her genetic defect...that is my theory.

They can't introduce book stuff this late into the show.  

As in I don't know anything about this so if people with monkey tails start showing up 7-8 seasons in and being important it's going to piss people off 

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Quick point of order:  the show runners are David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.  It'll ultimately be their decision, not GRRM.  

But yea, we should be able to make a thread out of "Who wins GoT??  It'll be like Clue, you have to pick who, how, and give one other non-obvious detail.  First person to nail it wins.

I pick Jon, in the observatory, with the candlestick (made of ****ing dragons).  

GRRM told them the ending and how all the major story arcs end. They said they will honor that, but of course they're creating their own journey to get there. 

What I really wish GRRM would stop doing, in addition to not writing ****, is stop going on twitter and revealing spoilers on the future books in regards to character deaths that happen in the show. "Well I wrote this differently...." "Well I killed ______ in a different way in TWoW." No you didn't George, because we haven't read ****. Until it's published it ain't real, so STFU until it is. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

As in I don't know anything about this so if people with monkey tails start showing up 7-8 seasons in and being important it's going to piss people off 

Book stuff? This is in the book? Wow!  I thought the show talked about that Gilly was Craster's Daughter/Wife.

By the way:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1917309/lad-18-finally-has-18-inch-tail-removed-after-spending-his-life-being-worshipped-as-a-monkey-god-in-india/

14 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Book stuff? This is in the book? Wow!  I thought the show talked about that Gilly was Craster's Daughter/Wife.

By the way:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1917309/lad-18-finally-has-18-inch-tail-removed-after-spending-his-life-being-worshipped-as-a-monkey-god-in-india/

I think I am missing the sarcasm but I talking about the monkey tail stuff lol

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think I am missing the sarcasm but I talking about the monkey tail stuff lol

Sarcasm is that you talked about the stuff being from the book when it is not, at least as far as I know since I have never read them.  The theory was a bit tongue in cheek as it is based inconsequential passage from something Gilly is shown reading. 

30 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Sarcasm is that you talked about the stuff being from the book when it is not, at least as far as I know since I have never read them.  The theory was a bit tongue in cheek as it is based inconsequential passage from something Gilly is shown reading. 

Im lost. Where in the show does it discuss a woman with a monkey tail helping defeat the white walkers?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I've read the books, and also don't really remember this reference.

That being said, there is so much out there for content now on YouTube and various websites, that if you're nerdy about the show and aren't a book reader, there've been plenty of opportunities to get more world-backstory without actually reading the books. But I also know there's just as many if not more casual fans who'd be like "wtf" ... but I think that sort of thing would have been true in say, Season 3 or 4 ... but after Season 6 and leading into the finale of the series, with so much backstory/lore coming into play naturally, I would imagine most fans of the show have done some level of research on their own, even if it's watching some cheesy youtube video haha.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, Darth Tater said:

Book stuff? This is in the book? Wow!  I thought the show talked about that Gilly was Craster's Daughter/Wife

Not the point about Gilly ... but the part about the monkey tail prophecy or legend?

On 7/7/2017 at 10:43 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

I just finished all of the GoT History & Lore videos on YouTube.  Great background information, entertaining stuff.  

Did the actual actors do the voice overs for these stories? It sounds like them—they sound pretty cool

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Did the actual actors do the voice overs for these stories? It sounds like them—they sound pretty cool

@PleaseBlitz

Came in here to tall yall I watched (and rewatched) these over the weekend multiple times. I was play my Nintendo switch (Zelda and Disgaea for you cool kids) and listening. Not only was it entertaining, but it was pretty good quality. I really enjoyed it. Perfect warm up to the next season. 

Thanks for posting them!  

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@PleaseBlitz

Came in here to tall yall I watched (and rewatched) these over the weekend multiple times. I was play my Nintendo switch (Zelda and Disgaea for you cool kids) and listening. Not only was it entertaining, but it was pretty good quality. I really enjoyed it. Perfect warm up to the next season. 

Thanks for posting them!  

Listening to it at work right now. It's awesome.

Somebody recommended the podcast "Binge Mode: Game of Thrones" and I would like to thank that person.  (I don't care enough to go back through all the posts to find out who it was, however. :P )So if it was you, thanks. 

To everybody else, it's a good listen.  They just released season 6 recaps.  The podcasts follow a format which makes listening to them easy even if you haven't seen the episode in a while.  They have a brief synopsis of the episode, an in-depth discussion of one topic, 7 important points from the episode, and then wrap it up with a champion who advanced their position the best. They will even read parts of the books here and there as a reference.   It's good stuff.  Also, unlike some other podcasts, they don't take themselves or the show THAT seriously, which I prefer. 

It's VERY spoiler-filled, and they bring in a lot of information from the books, so if that's not your thing, stay away.  

The only thing is, the episodes are about an hour long, so an alternative would be just to re-watch the episodes.  But if you want a recap and can't find the screen-time, these are an alternative.  The co-host guy also does some pretty good impressions, especially of Bailish.  

NOTE: They read the sequence from the books of Sam's sexual escapade with Gilly.  Good God. Now I guess I kindof know a little bit of what I'm "missing" by not reading the books.  And it re-affirmed my position to not read the books. 

7 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Does she have to graphically explain to Sam what to do, or is it just cheesy steamy stuff?

I think the book mentions "oonce oonce" being heard in the background, and Sam yells "Giggity giggity." 

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Somebody recommended the podcast "Binge Mode: Game of Thrones" and I would like to thank that person.  (I don't care enough to go back through all the posts to find out who it was, however. :P )So if it was you, thanks. 

It was me and you're welcome.

I've really enjoyed then and I think they are a must listen for fans of the show/books especially if you like me, you are just a show watcher and want to get more lore and background information. Every episode has a history section where they usually discuss something related to the episode. Things like how the Lannisters came into power, the history of Dorne, how slavers bay came to be, the prince that was promised prophecy, customs of Westeros, etc. It's very informative and fits nicely with their review and analysis of each show to expand your GoT knowledge and world building. 

They also do a great job of cycling back thru things that you probably miss even if you watch the show. I've been thru GoT 3 times now and still didn't remember some of the dialogue references that they touch on. Things like Jon teaching Ollie to fight and he tells him to keep his shield up or something and then later Young Ned says the exact same thing to Benjen during Bran's flashback. There is a lot of hidden meaning and links in the dialogue that you don't necessarily put together but they will go back and reference these. It's fascinating   

6 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Does she have to graphically explain to Sam what to do, or is it just cheesy steamy stuff?

There are multiple segements in the podcast like this called George RR Martin Reads a Sex Scene where the guy does aGRRM imprression while reading the passage from the books. 

There are 3 I remember off the top of my head: Daenerys fingering herself after saying goodbye to Jorah(he kisses her in the book) , Jon/Ygritte in the the cave, and Sam/Gilly. Here is that portion: 

Sam found himself kissing her back. I said the words, he thought, but her hands were tugging at his blacks, pulling at the laces of his breeches. He broke off the kiss long enough to say, "We can't," but Gilly said, "We can," and covered his mouth with her own again.

The Cinnamon Wind was spinning all around them and he could taste the rum on Gilly's tongue and the next thing her breasts were bare and he was touching them. I said the words, Sam thought again, but one of her nipples found its way between his lips. It was pink and hard and when he sucked on it her milk filled his mouth, mingling with the taste of rum, and he had never tasted anything so fine and sweet and good.

If I do this I am no better than Dareon, Sam thought, but it felt too good to stop. And suddenly his **** was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast. It looked so silly standing there that he might have laughed, but Gilly pushed him back onto her pallet, hiked her skirts up around her thighs, and lowered herself onto him with a little whimpery sound. That was even better than her nipples. She's so wet, he thought, gasping. I never knew a woman could get so wet down there. "I am your wife now," she whispered, sliding up and down on him. And Sam groaned and thought, No, no, you can't be, I said the words, I said the words, but the only word he said was, "Yes."

Yeah...

Archived