Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Erin Moran

hail2skins

Sigh. 1 source. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/erin-moran-who-played-joanie-happy-days-dead-56-n749791

Erin Moran, Who Played Joanie on ‘Happy Days’, Dead at 56

Erin Moran, the actress who played Joanie Cunningham on the hit TV series "Happy Days" has died in Indiana at the age of 56, police said.

TMZ first reported the death. The Harrison County, Indiana, sheriff's office told NBC News that dispatchers got a 911 call for an unresponsive female at 4:07 p.m. Saturday and first responders found Moran deceased.

*Click Link for More*

I wonder if,  as a secondary character, she earned any residuals for Happy Days reruns in syndication.  (Even though she starred in Joanie Loves Chachi, that lasted only a year or two and I don't think it ran in reruns for any length of time.)

28 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I wonder if,  as a secondary character, she earned any residuals for Happy Days reruns in syndication.  (Even though she starred in Joanie Loves Chachi, that lasted only a year or two and I don't think it ran in reruns for any length of time.)

If she did it wasn't much. Since she didn't work much after Happy Days she didn't make much money.  At one point she had her house foreclosed on and had to move into a trailer park.  She and some of her castmates sued CBS for merchandising monies they were owed but only got $65K.  

On 4/24/2017 at 9:30 AM, codeorama said:

MASH was for my parents.. I was too young. I didn't get it.  Happy Days was low brow enough for me.. :D

M*A*S*H was a fantastic show. Still holds up quite well. My favorites of that era (most of which I discovered in repeats) were probably Taxi, WKRP, and Welcome Back Kotter.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

M*A*S*H was a fantastic show. Still holds up quite well. My favorites of that era (most of which I discovered in repeats) were probably Taxi, WKRP, and Welcome Back Kotter.

I remember my dad watching MASH and I never liked it but I was really young. My mom watched Welcome Back Kotter and I knew the whole Barbarino routine "What, when... who... etc... "

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:36 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Married to a Wal-Mart employee and living in a trailer park....sad ending.

Maybe it was a sad ending. Maybe not.  Did she have some measure of peace living there?  Was her husband a good man who treated her well? Did she have a circle of friends who cared about her?  Was she happy?

I don't know the answers to those questions.  I do know that people with fame and money aren't always happy.  And I know that people with little material wealth can have satisfying and rewarding lives.  I hope she did.

17 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe it was a sad ending. Maybe not.  Did she have some measure of peace living there?  Was her husband a good man who treated her well? Did she have a circle of friends who cared about her?  Was she happy?

I don't know the answers to those questions.  I do know that people with fame and money aren't always happy.  And I know that people with little material wealth can have satisfying and rewarding lives.  I hope she did.

This is so counter to what the world/culture teaches. Yet so true. Material prosperity can be nice, but we shouldn't value a person based on it. Great post!

Archived