Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump just dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb, enjoy.

boobiemiles

58 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Well, didn't Obama take credit for getting troops out of Iraq?  When it was really Pres Bush who put a date on the departure?  Wasn't it Pres Obama who took credit for Osama Bin Laden when that plan was in the works for years and plans started under Pres Bush?

No, Obama took the HEAT for getting troops out of Iraq, because he chose to abide by the Status of Forces Agreement set forth by his predecessor. 

And fyi,... " And just six months after 9/11, Bush suggested in a press conference that Bin Laden was not a top priority for his administration. Asked whether Bush thought capturing Bin Laden was important, Bush scolded those who cared about Bin Laden for not “understand[ing] the scope of the mission” because Bin Laden was just “one person,” whom Bush said, “I really just don’t spend that much time on”: "

Get it together. 

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

No, Obama took the HEAT for getting troops out of Iraq, because he chose to abide by the Status of Forces Agreement set forth by his predecessor. 

And fyi,... " And just six months after 9/11, Bush suggested in a press conference that Bin Laden was not a top priority for his administration. Asked whether Bush thought capturing Bin Laden was important, Bush scolded those who cared about Bin Laden for not “understand[ing] the scope of the mission” because Bin Laden was just “one person,” whom Bush said, “I really just don’t spend that much time on”: "

Get it together. 

But, but, but Trump said they have done more in this fight over the last 8 weeks than the previous 8 years. That means it's a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

But, but, but Trump said they have done more in this fight over the last 8 weeks than the previous 8 years. That means it's a fact. 

I love ya, man...but I just can't make a funny haha anymore.  That idjit is worldwide now. 

But that was funny.:)

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

I love ya, man...but I just can't make a funny haha anymore.  That idjit is worldwide now. 

But that was funny.:)

I don't think I was even meaning it to be funny. I mean the **** he says and continues to go unchallenged on drives me crazy. To me, this play up of military action by Trump is now all about not discussing Russia or terrible jobs report or completely reversing policies. I think the military was probably right with their execution of the strike, but Trump will use it as a pure distraction. 

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

We see who really won the election: The Military Industrial Complex. 

They nearly always do. For the past 30 years I would argue that we have done a poor job supporting the troops and an amazing job at supporting the Industrial Military Complex. 

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Apparently EVERY strike Trump has done was an Obama era plan. So I'm guessing Obama was a badass or is Trump just afraid to go on his own?

Or Obama's military had contingency plans ready for all kinds of situations. (But didn't use them).

And then we get a President who wants to do SOMETHING. (But doesn't much care what). 

So the generals pull a binder off the shelf. And the Pres says "cool". 

And then hen the administration tries to dodge responsibility for their action, before we even know what the action WAS. 

<sigh>

Yanno, I don't give one large **** for Trump and I've made that known, but c'mon, our military struck our enemies, in a big way, hopefully blew the livin **** outta a whole bunch of them. I honestly cannot see how and why this has to be grist for the anti mill.

Wait an hour, the Presidunce will do or say something worth getting riled up over. This ain't it.

Can someone please tell me the difference between using this bomb on them versus using chemical weapons on them? Is the idea to kill them in such a way as to intimidate them with our destructive abilities?  We talk about this as the largest non nuke we have ever used. Isn't that saying we hit them w one step below nuclear ordinance, and can't countries using chemical weapons say we stopped just sort of nukes?

What is the moral difference?

2 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

ISIS has moved underground in tunnels, the only way of getting to them was this MOAB.    Who cares why, it lets ISIS know they will be unable to hide from us and the administration is serious about whipping them from the face of the earth!!. 

What about those bunker buster bombs? It's possible there was a good reason to use the MOAB over those, but it sure looks like a distractor. That said, I hope we got a lot of them and I hope lots of them were buried alive rather than blown up. 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Bomb the **** out of them, says every Republican.

...and a lot of us Dems too. ?

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I have it on good authority that ISIS has already been defeated, just as the draft dodger in chief promised. Stupid lying libruhl media. ?

4 minutes ago, gbear said:

Can someone please tell me the difference between using this bomb on them versus using chemical weapons on them? Is the idea to kill them in such a way as to intimidate them with our destructive abilities?  We talk about this as the largest non nuke we have ever used. Isn't that saying we hit them w one step below nuclear ordinance, and can't countries using chemical weapons say we stopped just sort of nukes?

What is the moral difference?

Two of them. First, Bashar the Butcher bombed civilians. Second, a massive bomb like this kills very suddenly for most. War is hell and killing people sucks. However, totally inhumane weapons are to be avoided. Remember, you never know when it might be our guys on the other end of that kind of thing.

I wouldn't care who the President was who ordered this.  HC would have probably done the exact same thing, no doubt she was just as much a war hawk as anyone else, I am glad she didn't win, however, would have absolutely supported this had she ordered it.

What I am most happy about is the authority  our military generals are being given and the support from the current administration is showing them to get the job done over there.  There is value in showing military force as the ultimate deterrent.  

29 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

<sigh>

Yanno, I don't give one large **** for Trump and I've made that known, but c'mon, our military struck our enemies, in a big way, hopefully blew the livin **** outta a whole bunch of them. I honestly cannot see how and why this has to be grist for the anti mill.

Wait an hour, the Presidunce will do or say something worth getting riled up over. This ain't it.

If that is all it is, great.  I am a bit concerned that this is the start of some military adventurism, and the use of this particular bomb was more about saber rattling than a tactical decision dictated by conditions on the ground in Afghanistan. Only time will tell.

19 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

I wouldn't care who the President was who ordered this.  HC would have probably done the exact same thing, no doubt she was just as much a war hawk as anyone else, I am glad she didn't win, however, would have absolutely supported this had she ordered it.

What I am most happy about is the authority  our military generals are being given and the support from the current administration is showing them to get the job done over there.  There is value in showing military force as the ultimate deterrent.  

I suppose Clinton might have done the same thing. However I have 99.9999% certainty that she would not have gutted the state dept and followed it up with a bunch of threats as though she was still thinking people were staring at her hands to see how big they really are in person. Abraham Kaplan summed Dumb Donald up rather succinctly. "Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding."

12 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Glad i am not in Seoul

Well, I for one hope this NK is taken care of before late August (fat chance on that hope).  After that, I will be half way between Seoul and the NK border playing with 2ID for a year!  Good times, can't wait:)  

Archived