Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Tournament Bracket

SkinsGuy

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

So how did everyone do? :) 

I got a 250 out of 320. Meh. That is 25 out of 32 games right.

I got burned a little sticking by the local Virginia-based teams (Virginia Tech, VCU).

Some of the upsets I picked worked out (Wichita over Dayton for instance), so not too bad a couple of days. :) 

22-10 with two Sweet Sixteen teams gone (Vermont, Maryland).  It ain't pretty.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

22-10 with two Sweet Sixteen teams gone (Vermont, Maryland).  It ain't pretty.

I had Maryland and Creighton making the Sweet 16, and they are both gone.

However, all my Elite 8 are still in play, so there is that. :) 

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Why does it need to be a clear miss for the offense? Why even if it looks like it's going to be a miss shouldn't the offense be able to put in their own shot?

OK then why shouldn't the defense be able to block shots over the cylinder?  It'd be an unfair advantage for the offense if they were allowed to play a shot still in the cylinder when the defense can't.  It's right that everyone has to wait for it to come out before they rebound it.

On 3/16/2017 at 10:57 PM, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Refs in VCU's game were whistle happy. It was 29 fouls on VCU, 16 on SMU at one point. And that wasn't the final total. That was with 10 mins left I think. Nuts.

Come on dude. VCU plays a style like Press Virginia. They foul constantly thinking there is no way the refs will call them all. VCU and WVU fans complaining about foul calls is like Seattle fans complaining about DPI calls. Even with the ones called, the refs let double that go. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

OK then why shouldn't the defense be able to block shots over the cylinder?  It'd be an unfair advantage for the offense if they were allowed to play a shot still in the cylinder when the defense can't.  It's right that everyone has to wait for it to come out before they rebound it.

Goal tending isn't just in the cylinder, it's also when the ball is on the downward arch, yet alley-oops are often caight that way and put in, and how can you tell the difference between an alley-oop and a shot?

Also tip-ins are legal and they are just above the rim. It just makes no sense to me.

You keep saying unfair advantage, yet, the offense is already allowed to affect the ball above the rim in multiple ways that the defense isn't.

Archived