Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

It seems like every interaction has Trump bringing up prostitutes. If every time I talk to someone they keep bringing up water sports unprompted, I'm going to assume they did some stuff. I don't know why Republicans think this memo being public is a good thing. It just shows Trump is obsessed with Russian hookers and McCabe.

26 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It seems like every interaction has Trump bringing up prostitutes. If every time I talk to someone they keep bringing up water sports unprompted, I'm going to assume they did some stuff. I don't know why Republicans think this memo being public is a good thing. It just shows Trump is obsessed with Russian hookers and McCabe.

I suspect that being a distraction from the President's mob lawyer might be a factor.  

In Comey's memo, the section on Trump asking if Flynn was under FISA surveillance was really interesting and it seems the redaction didn't really do a good job of covering Comey's answer.

Along with Carter Page, Mike Flynn was under surveillance as well. Hoo boy.

This particular section is really interesting too. It seems like Comey told Trump that our intelligence agencies had corroborated a good amount of intel in the Steele dossier.

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Beyond stupid to do this right now. It'll be spun as elitist Pelosi nonsense. Get bogged down in courts forever, and embolden the GOP voter to show up.

I don't see being sued as a rallying point for the GOP base. There's already a precedent for this so might as well use it. You get information under oath and serve as a deterrent for future campaigns. Just more lawyer fees for the Trump folks.

Double post

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I don't see being sued as a rallying point for the GOP base. There's already a precedent for this so might as well use it. You get information under oath and serve as a deterrent for future campaigns. Just more lawyer fees for the Trump folks.

Double post

I do. I see it as an attack on their guy who is really is doing plenty on his own.

Their narrative is so stupid. Steal the Reagan "There you go again" bit. "He's lying again", "He's cheating again", "He's ripping off the American people again".

Keep it simple. Let the legal stuff happen on the side. It's going to be reported. The investigation is not likely to end soon even if his lawyers keep saying it. 

Don't argue like you're trying to convince his supporters that he's wannabe mobster. Talk to your people as in "We all agree he's a scumbag" and when he does or says something awful today or tomorrow. We're not surprised. Because he's a bad person.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wouldn't make any moves based on what Trump supporters are going to think.

I wouldn't make any moves that could potentially motivate them coming into the mid-terms. Republicans running this fall are going to use the names of Schumer and Pelosi and try to connect them and now this to the candidate they are running against.

26 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

huh?

I think its smart that they doing this. 

I wouldn't make any moves that could potentially motivate them coming into the mid-terms

I don't think it matters.

for one, that group is already motivated by hate, which is one of the strongest motivators there is. These people can't wait to get out there and vote again, just to stick it to you... even though it has hurt them.

and for two, in the absence of anything, the RNC will just make up some stupid ****, blow a ton of taxpayer money on a dog and pony show, and manufacture whatever sort of smokescreen lies they need. Fox and their talking anus Sean Hannity will go right along and help in making the **** up.  And it won't matter how stupid or outlandish they are.

Pizzagate, anyone?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bang said:

I don't think it matters.

for one, that group is already motivated by hate, which is one of the strongest motivators there is. These people can't wait to get out there and vote again, just to stick it to you... even though it has hurt them.

and for two, in the absence of anything, the RNC will just make up some stupid ****, blow a ton of taxpayer money on a dog and pony show, and manufacture whatever sort of smokescreen lies they need. Fox and their talking anus Sean Hannity will go right along and help in making the **** up.  And it won't matter how stupid or outlandish they are.

Pizzagate, anyone?

~Bang

I don't disagree. Those people who are tuned in are going to be motivated regardless.

My point is I think the best strategy this fall is the "There you go again with the same old lies" would be most effective. I think it comes across simpler and less annoying than another Bernie rant on facebook. 

• Like 2