Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Just took a peak at the GOP twitter account, which I actually followed a while back. It's a full on push to get people to check out lyincomey.com. A link to "check the facts" actually directs you to a page on the official GOP website, which is actually telling slanted half-truths (er..lyin') about Comey. How sad, pathetic, and disgraceful. 

Side note: I just checked if lyingop.com was available as a domain name. Nope. Registered today. Also, it points you to a WaPo article from January:

President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days

Edited by SoulSkin

26 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Really, I can’t think of a more truthful man in public life than James Comey. Donald Trump tells more lies in an afternoon than James Comey has told in his entire life.

It is a dark time in this Nation’s history that the President and the Republican Party, aided by Fox “News,” is waging a calculated, cynical, dishonest, disgraceful smear campaign against Robert Mueller, James Comey, career public servant Rod Rosenstein, the FBI, and the Department of Justice.  

Still better than Hillary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah, well they probably invested a lot of time & money with a team of experts working round the clock to come up with that master plan of calling him "Lyin' Comey". Sadly, I'm not kidding. That's where the GOP base is at mentally and emotionally. A 12 year-old (not a well-adjusted one) could be their chief strategist.

Well, they’re invested all right. But not that way. 

The entire Republican Party has been working to create the narrative that the FBI isn’t as believable as them, from the day an investigation started. 

(It’s almost like they knew the investigation would find dirt, before it even began, or something.)

• Like 2

None of tgis Comey stuff ultimately matters.  Battle lines are already drawn on the right and left.  The right says he is selling books and the left says he is a man of integrity.  No minds will change whatsoever.  

We will be talking about the next big story in less than a week.  

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

None of tgis Comey stuff ultimately matters.  Battle lines are already drawn on the right and left.  The right says he is selling books and the left says he is a man of integrity.  No minds will change whatsoever.  

We will be talking about the next big story in less than a week.  

What do you think? I personally think its clearly both. 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wow that's a bit aggressive even by Trump twitter standards.

Right? You can tell how mad he is lol. That pee tape **** really burns him up. 

Edit: Hes pretty....... pissed........

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 3

Just now, Llevron said:

What do you think? I personally think its clearly both. 

I think Comey is an asshole, and probably everything wrong with washington summarized in a single individual.  Hes not stupid though, he is building a multi generational financial legacy with his book sales.  Which is what 100 percent of this is about.

I think trump is an even bigger asshole.

So here we are, none of this matters.  Not sure why anyone thinks this will be some sort of turning point.  Youre just buying Comeys grandkids a BMW, thats it.

The RNC is launching a smear campaign against an FBI Director who is a Republican himself, with a lengthy career serving Republican administrations and was admired in a bipartisan way before the Trump trainwreck arrived. 

Of course zoony is making this some kind of an equivalency thing between the left and the right.

The Republican Party has utterly poisoned this country in its bid for power at any and all cost. Even if it means letting Donald Trump debase public service and wreck institutional trust.

Everything gets turned into a ****ty partisan fight by them and people like zoony take the bait every single time. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zoony said:

I think Comey is an asshole, and probably everything wrong with washington summarized in a single individual.  Hes not stupid though, he is building a multi generational financial legacy with his book sales.  Which is what 100 percent of this is about.

I think trump is an even bigger asshole.

So here we are, none of this matters.  Not sure why anyone thinks this will be some sort of turning point.  Youre just buying Comeys grandkids a BMW, thats it.

I never really got the asshole vibe from Comey. Though I can see where you get that I think. That ego and grandstanding thing about him is true. He does have that hollier than thou attitude too and its gotten worse since hes become famous. And I dont like that smug ass look on his face. 

Actually, naw. I feel you lol. 

I do think his insight matters though. Asshole or not hes got some info that I im overly interested in. Also, wont be buying his book. He the type of person I would be happy to download info for free from. Not that im into that sorta thing. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I never really got the asshole vibe from Comey. Though I can see where you get that I think. That ego and grandstanding thing about him is true. He does have that hollier than thou attitude too and its gotten worse since hes become famous. And I dont like that smug ass look on his face. 

Actually, naw. I feel you lol. 

I do think his insight matters though. Asshole or not hes got some info that I im overly interested in. Also, wont be buying his book. He the type of person I would be happy to download info for free from. Not that im into that sorta thing. 

His insight would matter a lot more if there wasnt a profit motive assigned to it.  For the record i dont personally think he is lying, im just saying none of it ultimately matters.  Those who want to believe him, will.  And vice versa

He has simultaneously been a hero to both republicans and democrats over the last 24 months.  Just depends on who he is trashing i guess

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zoony said:

His insight would matter a lot more if there wasnt a profit motive assigned to it.  For the record i dont personally think he is lying, im just saying none of it ultimately matters.  Those who want to believe him, will.  And vice versa

He has simultaneously been a hero to both republicans and democrats over the last 24 months.  Just depends on who he is trashing i guess

When it comes to who to believe between James Comey, who is honest to a fault - so much so that people like you and the GOP have twisted that attribute into criticizing his Boy Scout "sanctimony" and "holier than thou attitude," and Donald J. Trump, who literally built a real estate and entertainment career based on lying as a business strategy, I'm going with the Boy Scout. 

And I hope he makes a ****-load of money off the book.  He's pushing back, for history, to answer the slurs heaped on him by a vile, deranged man and his power-slurping enablers.  He had any avenue for making money post-Government career.  The cash he gets from this is a side bonus.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of profit motive, I think Comey's mistake was waiting so long to speak up.  As soon as he was fired he should have made the media rounds right then & there. It still wouldn't have prevented him from monetizing it in the future. 

Instead, he waited so long that the well has been poisoned.  The effect this will have on anything is over.

In 2018 we have a cable "news" network putting up a "Mueller Crime Family" graphic and their viewers take it seriously.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

When it comes to who to believe between James Comey, who is honest to a fault - so much so that people like you and the GOP have twisted that attribute into criticizing his Boy Scout "sanctimony" and "holier than thou attitude," and Donald J. Trump, who literally built a real estate and entertainment career based on lying as a business strategy, I'm going with the Boy Scout. 

You make a good point. Regardless of how you feel about it. There is no question who is most honest and trustworthy here. I would take Comeys word over anyone in the GOP including the president and thats 100% to do with how they have handled themselves. I feel most Americans probably think something similar. 

• Thanks 1

Comey being a flawed human being has little relevance to Trump being a possible criminal.  

I caught 10 minutes of "Kennedy" last night on Fox Business channel....yeah that Kennedy from 90's MTV.  She really had the nerve with a straight face to say Comey was doing this all for fame and ego.  I find this entire slandering of Comey real rich.  It's not like this is Eric Holder or Kamala Harris who the right wing has always had reasons to hate (albeit mostly stupid ones).  They never had anything bad to say about Comey or his flaws until the Trump investigation. Then I had a chuckle when Kennedy accused someone else of being an intellectual lightweight. 

She is just another example of someone who used to claim to be libertarian, but got hired by Fox and sold their soul for a nice paycheck that obviously sticks to the script and narrative that is likely handed down to her by the brass.

Edited by NoCalMike

Seems to me that if any of the garbage the fat orange **** spews had the slightest truth to it, Comey could be facing charges of some sort. At the very least ethics violations would be much more official than whatever bull**** the Clown in Chief rage-tweets from his toilet in the morning,

You just don't subvert the entire FBI and participate in what they want us to believe was an attempted coup and get off scott-free to go write books.

As usual, the President and the entire GOP and every single bit of their propaganda are completely full of ****.

Knowing full well none are existing here in any capacity to be able to answer, or lack the ability to do so due to the obvious mental failings, i will ask "conservatives"  yet again,, do you feel stupid yet?

You really should. You have yet to notice that every single time they tell you to scream about something .. it never results in any charges. Ever. (and yet they keep screaming and you keep buying it.) 

So ask yourself this, o' Chump of Chumps. Are they SO incompetent that they can't get a single charge ever even filed through all of the screaming and complaining...   or are you just being manipulated into screaming about things that aren't true?

Note once again, the score:

GOP screaming criminal accusations about political opponents: A LOT...

Charges brought: None.

So, which is it?

Are you that stupid?

Or are you that dumb?

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's like the GOP is trying to play this entire thing exactly like Benghazi.  Just keep repeating nonsense in order to plant seeds of doubt withing the base and anyone else they can fool.  Then when everything blows over and their accusations amount to nothing, the damage has already been done. This is why pundits are the worst, because they likely know what they are saying is complete BS.

• Like 1