Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Transcript here: http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf

Pretty fascinating, especially Eric Swalwell.  I've only made it to pg. 33, but his request to at least have an independent 3rd party, like ODNI, review the memos for possible security concerns seems like a completely reasonable and responsible request. Also this on the majority members not having even seen the underlying intelligence: "It is essentially releasing to the public a book review on a book which it has not read." I like Swalwell.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Still trying to figure out the plan for this "secret society."

The "secret society" was actually MENSA meetings. The Republicans were just mad that zero people from their side got to attend.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 3

It should be obvious by now to anyone looking at this impartially that the GOP is just trying to throw everything they can into the pool to muck up the water so badly that something will seep deep enough to wipe out the investigation itself.  They are no longer interested in seeing the investigation through, thinking it will exonerate Trump, rather to the contrary, they want the investigation itself stopped for fear of what it is going to reveal.  The narrative has completely changed from, "this is a sham, Trump is innocent" to "Stop the investigation because......*insert latest unverified conspiracy*"

It's sad, and even worse are the people buying into this charade. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

The "secret society" was actually MENSA meetings. The Republicans were just mad that zero people from there side got to attend.

Honest, we host a Mensa meeting of about 8 people every Tuesday for lunch. 

For years. Same folks. 

They all want bleu cheese dressing. We have NEVER had that option. They don't get it. Every week...I seriously worry about them. They ain't right. :ols:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Transcript here: http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf

Pretty fascinating, especially Eric Swalwell.  I've only made it to pg. 33, but his request to at least have an independent 3rd party, like ODNI, review the memos for possible security concerns seems like a completely reasonable and responsible request. Also this on the majority members not having even seen the underlying intelligence: "It is essentially releasing to the public a book review on a book which it has not read." I like Swalwell.

Schiff too is keeping me sane through all this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Schiff too is keeping me sane through all this.

Relatively, of course (for me anyway). A couple of years ago I would never have imagined I would one day soon hit the away button on my phone at work, say to myself  "Oh yeah, I have got to read this right now!", and I would be talking about a full transcript of a House committee meeting. Yet, there I was.