Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Well, the thing about lies is you have to remember every single detail of the lie, and that can't be done. 

These guys don't watch enough true crime TV shows, the criminal always gets caught by inconsistencies in their statements.

The hubris, the unmitigated arrogance that they can do whatever they want to, that the ends justify the means even if it entails soliciting Putin to subvert the election, that's the crux of the biscuit, the petard they shall be hoist upon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

1)  Not really sure I buy that.  I fond it a little tough to believe that the KGB's best spy in the US carries the rank of Ambassador.  Granted, what I know about these things comes from Tom Clancey and Ian Flemming and things.  But at least my imaginary mental image says it's somebody who's official title is considerably less prestigious.  

2)  And I have trouble believing that anybody in the IC would actually reveal who we think their top spy is, if it was him.  I would expect that that information is one of those things where the number of people who have that information, is closer to 10 than it is to 100.  (Might even be below 10).  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

1)  Not really sure I buy that.  I fond it a little tough to believe that the KGB's best spy in the US carries the rank of Ambassador.  Granted, what I know about these things comes from Tom Clancey and Ian Flemming and things.  But at least my imaginary mental image says it's somebody who's official title is considerably less prestigious.  

2)  And I have trouble believing that anybody in the IC would actually reveal who we think their top spy is, if it was him.  I would expect that that information is one of those things where the number of people who have that information, is closer to 10 than it is to 100.  (Might even be below 10).  

Perhaps....but it's been reported on a few networks....

Sessions lied under oath. Then days later, after thinking about it, lied again. Sure seems worse to me than a stain on a little blue dress.

The test here really isn't Sessions. It's the GOP. If they turn a blind eye to this or rally to defend him on this they will have lost something very dear. They know what's going on. They know that there is a very tangled web here and this is but one thread of it. This is another chance to serve the country and honor the Constitution. Will they take it? 

I'm doubtful.

• Like 1

My brother once swore to me that decades ago, after Virginia first started issuing vanity license plates, that he spotted a car on Rt 123 in Fairfax, headed towards Langley, with the license plate "KGB SPY"  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Russia's spy efforts aren't all that discreet in the US. Obamas post election sanctions on them included basically kicking out a ton of RU diplomats who we knew were really just spies from their intel community. 

Im seeing a lot of well respected ex-intel guys on twitter basically confirming that the RU ambassador is generally working hand in hand with the FSB/GRU. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The test here really isn't Sessions. It's the GOP. If they turn a blind eye to this or rally to defend him on this they will have lost something very dear. They know what's going on. They know that there is a very tangled web here and this is but one thread of it. This is another chance to serve the country and honor the Constitution. Will they take it?

3184764_o.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Sessions lied under oath. Then days later, after thinking about it, lied again. Sure seems worse to me than a stain on a little blue dress.

I'm doubtful.

They will be embarrassed to oblivion by slow and steady leaks to the media, coming from the intel community. 

Trump is so deeply unpopular already that they have little to gain by tying their own reputation to his treasonous behavior. 

Im really enjoying the fact that the Benghazi!!!! posters are totally absent from this thread.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

They will be embarrassed to oblivion by slow and steady leaks to the media, coming from the intel community. 

Do you really believe they are capable of being embarrassed by anything at this point? Most of these people have no shame and they will support Trump no matter what. They have fallen in line and as long as Trump continues to have a 90% approval rating with his base, nothing else matters. 

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Do you really believe they are capable of being embarrassed by anything at this point? Most of these people have no shame and they will support Trump no matter what. They have fallen in line and as long as Trump continues to have a 90% approval rating with his base, nothing else matters. 

As to the GOP voters, the benefit of living in an echo chamber is not only that they repeat pretty little nothings and tell you how smart you are all day and it's not even that they talk about how bad the other side is. It's that and the fact that anything uncomfortable or ugly is just not talked about at all... or it is dismissed as a triviality so they can go back to their flirting and hatemongering.

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Its usually bad politics to double down on your base and think it will ride you into glory. Trump won thanks to a lot of people who normally don't vote GOP.

He is on very thin ice. I think there is a reason why even the biggest hacks like Jason Chaffetz aren't towing the party line this morning. They know this is bad.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

As to the Dem voters, the benefit of living in an echo chamber is not only that they repeat pretty little nothings and tell you how smart you are all day and it's not even that they talk about how bad the other side is. It's that and the fact that anything uncomfortable or ugly is just not talked about at all... or it is dismissed as a triviality so they can go back to their flirting and hatemongering.

FTFY ...but works either way.

1 minute ago, twa said:

FTFY ...but works either way.

Proof? This comment is as vapid as your desperation one.

You don't always have to put party before country, truth, or your own honor, you know.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Its usually bad politics to double down on your base and think it will ride you into glory. Trump won thanks to a lot of people who normally don't vote GOP.

He is on very thin ice. I think there is a reason why even the biggest hacks like Jason Chaffetz aren't towing the party line this morning. They know this is bad.

Chaffetz is facing a tough primary challenge next go-around. He's in full self-preservation mode after being Johnny Big-Government.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Proof? This comment is as vapid as your desperation one.

You don't always have to put party before country, truth, or your own honor, you know.