Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

1 hour ago, TheGreek1973 said:

if you believe that the death of his 100 year old grandmother is the reason he is not at the combine, I got some prime land to sell you in the middle of the Sahara desert.  Water and all.  :)

So you dont think the death of a loved one is a "real" problem?

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

So you dont think the death of a loved one is a "real" problem?

That's a pretty broad statement. The sudden death of a child or spouse? Yes. The death of a 100 year old grandmother or elderly parent? Honestly, no.

If someone told me that they were still not back to work three weeks after the funeral of their 100 year old grandmother, I would think that some kind of psychiatric treatment was in order.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:12 AM, Birdlives said:

You're right, nothing to see here. I love how you blast the media for being negative/speculative (weird pattern, that; can't be the team, just all the people who cover them), and then go on to provide your own idea of events which are ALL SPECULATIVE! You know less than they do, I guarantee it. They might be wrong, but you'll always be wronger.

Bottom line, the team is a dysfunctional joke thanks to our owner. We'll see where it goes from here. To me, the article rings true. They're at a crossroads. Keep to the path and head towards success, or back to the same old same old. You want to play the same game of "now things are different!" go right ahead. Until I see real and sustained success, I'm not having it.

Yup.... Sustained success means there's no dysfunction.

Sounds about right.

Joe Gibbs had McCloughan's grandmother killed, and and since i have not heard anything to refute this from Jason Campbell, I must assume he was the trigger man.

It's all there for anyone who bothers to look.

~Bang

The denial in here is funny...

This situation being alcohol-related is pretty likely (all my opinion). To me, this is the equivalent of coming home to a strange car in your driveway, seeing men's pants in the foyer, and having some guy walking out of your bedroom while your wife is laying in bed. Sure, Tommy could have come by to fix the toilet in the master bathroom and removed his khakis so they wouldn't get dirty. But...

I don't mean to throw gas on a fire, but it's pretty well-known by people who live around Ashburn that Jay and Scot go out and get drunk during the season (on their own time, mind you). So, for someone who's battled those demons all his life, is it a giant leap to think that maybe Scot has gotten to the point where it has started to impact his work? That seems more likely than him making sure his sister Rita gets grandma's nice candlesticks during a critical week on the NFL calendar. 

13 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Not when its expected, I mean what kind of life span do you think a 100 year old has?  :)

So, in other words, this is really about you (and other fans) are just mad that Scott isn't in Indianapolis at the Combine. This is all about the fan's selfish needs.

I mean, to hell with his grandmother, right? :rolleyes: She's just a dead, 100 year old biddy that is keeping Scott from doing what you want him to do.

This fan base can be so sad. :rolleyes:

My grandmother died at age 100 & 1/2 while I was on vacay in Germany.  It was sad, but I was at her 100th birthday and she was in pretty bad shape by then.  Something is up.  What it is is pointless to speculate about.  It's more productive to speculate about the draft.

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Give an example. 

The multiple examples of people telling others how those should act during the passing of a loved one. Oh they were old so meh he should be over it. Like seriously? Maybe some estate type issues have popped up? That can't be it now can it? Maybe another loved one is having a really hard time processing it? It's like people are like screw this guy he works for my favorite football team and he is not allowed to live anything outside of it at all. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This situation being alcohol-related is pretty likely (all my opinion). To me, this is the equivalent of coming home to a strange car in your driveway, seeing men's pants in the foyer, and having some guy walking out of your bedroom while your wife is laying in bed. Sure, Tommy could have come by to fix the toilet in the master bathroom and removed his khakis so they wouldn't get dirty. But...

I don't mean to throw gas on a fire, but it's pretty well-known by people who live around Ashburn that Jay and Scot go out and get drunk during the season (on their own time, mind you). So, for someone who's battled those demons all his life, is it a giant leap to think that maybe Scot has gotten to the point where it has started to impact his work? That seems more likely than him making sure his sister Rita gets grandma's nice candlesticks during a critical week on the NFL calendar. 

Decent anology.

Let me throw my own.  A deer hunter goes out hunting and picks up some very clear deer tracks.  he follows them for a while and then low and behold there is the deer 30 yards in front of him.  Hunter says to himself, nahh my eyes are lying to me I am going to keep following the deer tracks....

10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't mean to throw gas on a fire, but it's pretty well-known by people who live around Ashburn that Jay and Scot go out and get drunk during the season (on their own time, mind you).

You make me feel all warm inside.

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't mean to throw gas on a fire, but it's pretty well-known by people who live around Ashburn that Jay and Scot go out and get drunk during the season (on their own time)

Ah yes, the irrefutable "eye witness testimony". So well known that with all the snooping in the area going on, no one has reported it, or even mentioned it casually. Bravo

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You make me feel all warm inside.

I've heard on two different occasions that Scot and Jay have been seen out near where I live and that they are pretty toasty. For what it's worth, I saw Jay one Friday night when I was having drinks with my friend. It was harmless...he stayed for no more than 2 hours and just kind of hung out with people. Also, it was a a weekend we were playing on MNF (I think Carolina), so it's not like it was 36 hours before a game or anything. 

My point isn't that this makes them the devil. My point is that anyone who's envisioning Scot McCloughan sipping on Sprite and watching game film around the clock is probably being naive. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I've heard on two different occasions that Scot and Jay have been seen out near where I live and that they are pretty toasty. For what it's worth, I saw Jay one Friday night when I was having drinks with my friend. It was harmless...he stayed for no more than 2 hours and just kind of hung out with people. Also, it was a a weekend we were playing on MNF (I think Carolina), so it's not like it was 36 hours before a game or anything. 

My point isn't that this makes them the devil. My point is that anyone who's envisioning Scot McCloughan sipping on Sprite and watching game film around the clock is probably being naive. 

I'm trying to imagine Bill Belichick doing this.  Wait for it... wait for it... Nope, can't imagine it. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

that didn't feel right on the money to you?

No. Im not a gullible dumbass that just goes with whatever info blows in the wind, just because of something that happened in the past, or what Jed the farmer said he heard through the grapevine. Sorry. If im going to lose my ****, there had better be more to go on then "Scot/Bruce won't talk to us"

7 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

The multiple examples of people telling others how those should act during the passing of a loved one. Oh they were old so meh he should be over it. Like seriously? Maybe some estate type issues have popped up? That can't be it now can it? Maybe another loved one is having a really hard time processing it? It's like people are like screw this guy he works for my favorite football team and he is not allowed to live anything outside of it at all. 

I'm not being callous. I'm being realistic. I supervised a guy whose wife died in her 30s a few years ago. I got permission for him to take 2 weeks of PTO even though you are not normally allowed to use more than 1 week at a time. If he had stayed out longer than that, I probably would have been in a position where I would have been forced to fire him. 

There are different rules for different businesses and different circumstances obviously. But, again, three and a half weeks after the death of a 100 year old grandmother and you can fulfill one of your major job responsibilities? That's cuckoo bananas.

"This is a business" - Tony Soprano.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ah yes, the irrefutable "eye witness testimony". So well known that with all the snooping in the area going on, no one has reported it, or even mentioned it casually. Bravo

HA, fine. I'm not really trying to break news here. I just think people need to realize that this guy never swore off alcohol. 

30 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Not when its expected, I mean what kind of life span do you think a 100 year old has?  :)

That's a really really sad view on life.

"Hey Grandma, its good to see you.  Of course now that you are over 90 despite the decades of your love and affection, I dont care about you dying much like I did when you were younger than 90, so you can knock off anytime, no worries".

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm trying to imagine Bill Belichick doing this.  Wait for it... wait for it... Nope, can't imagine it. 

Again, it was 2 hours 3 days before a game. Does it really matter to you if he hits a local bar, takes his wife to dinner, or plays pickup basketball? These guys don't work 24 hours per day. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No. Im not a gullible dumbass that just goes with whatever info blows in the wind, just because of something that happened in the past, or what Jed the farmer said he heard through the grapevine. Sorry. If im going to lose my ****, there had better be more to go on then "Scot/Bruce won't talk to us"

OK. 

For the record, I'm not losing my ****. I'm pretty numb to the dysfunction that pops up every few years here. Someone else mentioned it earlier today...when is the last time these rumors or leaks have ever been proven wrong down the road? I just think that we'd be naive to think that EVERYTHING that's come out (power struggle with Allen, the GM skipping the combine, not being able to talk, etc.) is all just face-value stuff. 

Archived