Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

Are you saying it is completely fake?  I don't think that is very well supported.  Every report I heard says he will be either be fired or re-evaluated in May.  Maybe that is wrong but I think that is very close to the official story.  And that Doug Williams has taken on an increased role. 

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Fake news has plagued sports. Welcome to journalism in 2017.

Now I know that is a social engineering virtue signaling post! ha.  Furthermore I suggested it was an internal power struggle and that he was told to sit because he stepped on Danny's toes.  That isn't from a media report that is from a human brain processing past actions and reports. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's an easily read and comprehended post

Not even close.  It is an esoteric POS post.  Why don't you enlighten everyone to what you meant?

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This is like watching Best In Show or something. Marvelous job to all of your masters for training you well

A well written post with adequate exposition would explain the actions people are taking and their so called masters who trained them well?  Are you referring to capitalism? Are you referring to College left wing indoctrination, are you referring to the media? What actions are you talking about.  There is absolutely no way you can defend that post as well written unless you follow that up with some sort of qualifier. 

It is literally two unexplained obscure metaphors. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My grandmother died in 2013 and left her estate a mess. Every necessary document required to settle her affairs required literal weeks of rummaging through old ass boxes of materials. This was with four people, who all had jobs and other responsibilities, constantly having to drive to NJ and take time out of their schedules. That was long after the funeral service.

So.... Other people may find it perfectly reasonable to jump to conclusions because due to their own personal experience, it doesn't jive, but it seems more than reasonable to me. Like I said, some people are just conditioned for nonsense.

So, first of all, I'm sorry to hear that. 

Secondly, I didn't say that this was IMPOSSIBLE. I just think when you stack everything up, it's less likely that he's truly "rummaging through old ass boxes of materials" looking for documents and much more likely that the Redskins have sent him away for some other reason. Not only is it less than 50/50 that her estate was in such shambles, it's also less than 50/50 that he'd be one of the people doing this instead of scouting at the combine, preparing for FA, etc. 

We can agree to disagree. But I don't think questioning all of this makes us crazy. 

1 minute ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Not even close.  It is an esoteric POS post.  Why don't you enlighten everyone to what you meant. 

If you, or others, still need enlightenment to understand that, after this bull**** has already been addressed and shown to be sensationalistic nonsense, then i cant help you

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Secondly, I didn't say that this was IMPOSSIBLE. I just think when you stack everything up, it's less likely that he's truly "rummaging through old ass boxes of materials" looking for documents and much more likely that the Redskins have sent him away for some other reason. Not only is it less than 50/50 that her estate was in such shambles, it's also less than 50/50 that he'd be one of the people doing this instead of scouting at the combine, preparing for FA, etc. 

We can agree to disagree. But I don't think questioning all of this makes us crazy. 

Nah we should just assume everything is fine, your GM not at the combine not strange at all.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If you, or others, still need enlightenment to understand that, after this bull**** has already been addressed and shown to be sensationalistic nonsense, then i cant help you

Well obviously you are incredibly well versed in social engineering and things that mere philosophy majors and MBA's can't explain so dumb it down you know for people who aren't sufficiently "woke" 

a better post would be to debate the merits of content of my post. You could say. I don't think this is an internal power struggle, I don't think it is a _____ I think it is a _____.  You know actual discourse, socratic method and so forth. you could even reference other ideas and posts. 

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Indeed they are.

Are you suggesting there is no way this is a result of a corporate power struggle?  I find that position curious. 

For people who have actually worked at corporations at high levels they know this stuff happens, you have to be good at it.  Doing your job is only part of doing your job.   BS Reports to HR, Ethics complaints, leaks to media, etc.  Furthermore we KNOW there is a history of corporate end-arounds at redskins park. See:  Clinton Portis, Vinny, RGIII. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I did not say that, and have not. It isnt the questioning that I find crazy. Its making a statement witn no evidence to back it up, along with the the complete disregard of evidence to the contrary, and still trying to "make sense" of this, after it has already been **** down, that would make one crazy

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I did not say that, and have not. It isnt the questioning that I find crazy. Its making a statement witn no evidence to back it up, along with the the complete disregard of evidence to the contrary, and still trying to "make sense" of this, after it has already been **** down, that would make one crazy

I guess if you weren't actively participating on a discussion forum under this thread.  Sure if you were getting unsolicited conversations off a Listserv, you might have a defensible position. 

13 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Well obviously you are incredibly well versed in social engineering and things that mere philosophy majors and MBA's can't explain so dumb it down you know for people who aren't sufficiently "woke" 

a better post would be to debate the merits of content of my post. You could say. I don't think this is an internal power struggle, I don't think it is a _____ I think it is a _____.  You know actual discourse, socratic method and so forth. you could even reference other ideas and posts. 

Ah yes, a clear understanding of the concept of social engineering, a major in philosophy, and an MBA in how to create a wormhole through a wet fart out of your ass, is CLEARLY needed to  make sense of:

42 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

I got to say I don't think it is Alcohol.  I think GMSM was challenging the Snyder structure and was told to take a seat. 

Whatever this is, that im sure you you can back up with something other than illumination and   being "woke":ols:

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Ah yes, a clear understanding of the concept of social engineering, a major in philosophy, and an MBA in how to create a wormhole through a wet fart out of your ass, is CLEARLY needed to  make sense of:

Whatever this is, that im sure you you can back up with something other than illumination and   being "woke":ols:

You haven't once engaged in a discourse about the contents of my post.  That makes me think you are a sophist. I don't think you understood my posts but you are certainly good at deflecting and insulting people without basis. 

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Seriously, was his grandma an heiress?

Took over a year to settle my grandmother's estate. I don't know anything about his grandmother.

You said being out for 3 1/2 weeks was absurd. It's barely been 2, now that the 'story' is entering its third day. I was just pointing that out.

9 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

You haven't once engaged in a discourse about the contents of my post.  That makes me think you are a sophist. I don't think you understood my posts but you are certainly good at deflecting and insulting people without basis. 

Actually you started with the insults, which you really shouldn't have, considering how ridiculous this stance is. Ive spent several posts in this thread imploring people to give me once piece of evidence that lends this story any credence, and all I've gotten is "But Snyder,", or "I mean its GOTTA be true amirite?", or " Look at the past, jimminy willikers, it all fits!" 

And i keep saying to provide us with something tangible to go on. Over and over. But no.... Just more bull****

So i ask you, why in the mother of **** (when again for the hundredth time, presented with "OMG this could be true, i mean just look look at something that has absolutely nothing to do with this!") should i, when told to sink to this level of madness and entertain your conspiracy theory, do anything but tell you dunk your head in a tub of acid?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And i keep saying to provide us with something tangible to go on. Over and over. But no.... Just more bull****

Chris Russell throws a stick off the porch and people can't race fast enough to go get it.

Doesn't matter how many times they bring it it back and he just throws it again - out they go, over and over and over.

Get that stick.

Not sure if this has been speculated on at all ... but I wonder if McCloughan is convinced the team can win with a cheaper option or a rookie at QB with Gruden's system. But going into a serious prove-it year ... Gruden wants Cousins back no matter what. Maybe tensions boiled over on the topic ... and McCloughan, thinking he had final roster say, was told to go "cool off" by Bruce. Maybe, simultaneously, SM was also hitting the bottle a little harder than usual (remember, he never said he quit), and it was also more of a mutual "you're right, I need to cool off" type of deal.

Bruce dismisses SM to go cool off ... meanwhile, with him out of the building, team franchises Cousins, works on a long-term deal. SM will come back with Cousins inked, and will be told, "okay, get back to work."

Just my likely humbly wrong take on the situation.

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Who gives a **** about idiot media speculation except a bunch of gullible fans who ought to know better than to let their imagination run away with them.

The Redskins have more important things to do then spending time trying to calm an overly hysterical fanbase. With the amount of sports news outlets there are out there, as well as blogs and twitter, they would be spending the whole day quashing rumors instead of building a team.

As for your last point, whether they won titles or not with the current FO set-up, that should have NO bearing on how they choose to run the team. They don't owe anyone daily bulletins on their day-to-day affairs.

You're talking about this whole perception issue as if it's only going to affect the mood of ES posters - no, it has real implications. What about NFL free agents, their agents, other GMs, season ticket holders, sponsors - anyone who does business with the Redskins - are they more likely to work with or invest in an organization with a ****ty reputation that is reported to be a hot mess or a more stable organization (at least in the eyes of public perception)? 

The way the organization is portrayed in the media affects dollars and cents and the Redskins have let this whole thing spiral into a **** show by handling the press so poorly.

They can sit back and let the media/bloggers run wild but if they had simply denounced what Cooley said on-air as BS or gave advance notice to the press that GMSM won't be able to attend the combine because of a death in the family - then they don't have national ESPN segments trashing them. They could have diffused all the hoopla by proactively addressing the things that were likely to create a speculation firestorm. 

The Redskins don't have to hold daily press conferences about their agenda for the day - I wish they would just show a little more competence when it comes to PR. 

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not sure if this has been speculated on at all ... but I wonder if McCloughan is convinced the team can win with a cheaper option or a rookie at QB with Gruden's system. But going into a serious prove-it year ... Gruden wants Cousins back no matter what. Maybe tensions boiled over on the topic ... and McCloughan, thinking he had final roster say, was told to go "cool off" by Bruce. Maybe, simultaneously, SM was also hitting the bottle a little harder than usual (remember, he never said he quit), and it was also more of a mutual "you're right, I need to cool off" type of deal.

Bruce dismisses SM to go cool off ... meanwhile, with him out of the building, team franchises Cousins, works on a long-term deal. SM will come back with Cousins inked, and will be told, "okay, get back to work."

Just my likely humbly wrong take on the situation.

Yep,I agree and think it's a possibility.

Think Kirk gets signed whilst Scots mowing the lawn. Or sorting his grandmothers estate out. One or the other. Or drinking. So one out of the three. Or shagging a random. So one from four.

So Scot, his wife, his agent, the team, and several local media who did not jump when Chris Russell sounded the false alarm say the Scot is home working and taking care of family issues, but several of you are certain there is some conspiracy. My favorite is that somehow this is Dan being pissed after the first back to back winning season is what, 15 years! That just makes no sense.

It is not often I find myself agreeing with @Mr. Sinister, but until someone can provide some tangible proof otherwise, this is much ado about nothing. All these conspiracy theories, while entertaining, just have no basis in fact.

Archived