Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The political thread that helps us understand each other

brandymac27

5 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Milo is not a worthy subject for a violent protest.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He is a leader to sexually frustrated young men who go on 4chan to complain about feminists. It is incredible that he incites so much anger in far left circles. 

We probably can agree that his views (as a self described gay man) on gay being a choice, pro conversion therapy, anti-feminism, and his recent white males only college grant schtick is probably not best suited for Northern California though.

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He's someone who has turned online trolling into a lucrative career.

Nobody told me I could make money for telling MSF to make sure he got the entire shotgun in front of his face and for relentlessly mocking Om's over-heated prose. (Not every noun needs an adjective, jackass!!!!)

Frankly, I'm angry.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd ditch the musician/bartender/car dealer angle and put all my efforts into being a pundit.  Gotta be the easiest job out there.

Outti

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If I had it to do all over again, I'd ditch the musician/bartender/car dealer angle and put all my efforts into being a pundit.  Gotta be the easiest job out there.

Replacing "pundit" with nearly any word in the dictionary probably would have been a wise move.

See...it's so damn easy. Give me a check!!

14 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

that is a pretty self serving, simplistic, and lazy position to take.  

it is a position that i expect booger eating morons to glom onto.   

I think he's speaking to the perception that the left has been taken over by the far left. A couple of examples of this might be when the most popular social movement today - one that is openly anti capitalist and one that virtually everyone on the left defends- puts out eulogy for Fidel Castro praising him as a hero, and it gets no criticism (that I'm aware of). 

Another example would be one I mentioned here before (and got no response, fwiw), the southern poverty law center placing maajid nawaz and ayaan hirsi ali on its hate watch list. 

Again. I'm talking about perception. If things are not truly this bad,  the left has done an even more terrible job with PR than I thought.  

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Who is all of this "they"?  I saw plenty of coverage of the peaceful marches the day after inauguration.  I saw plenty of coverage of people on the Right punching protesters at Trump rallys.  Maybe you just spend too much time on Breitbart.

It's more of the narrative and perception that get's presented, it seems as though in certain media circles for some reason the left has to own these people and doesn't help when you have the twitter in chief trying to label the left with this crap and threatening to halt funding to UC Berkley, but I get it it's politics and it's just the Repb's have put the Dems in a catch-22 situation with this crap.

2 minutes ago, mrcunning15 said:

It's more of the narrative and perception that get's presented, it seems as though in certain media circles for some reason the left has to own these people and doesn't help when you have the twitter in chief trying to label the left with this crap and threatening to halt funding to UC Berkley, but I get it it's politics and it's just the Repb's have put the Dems in a catch-22 situation with this crap.

I'm sorry but you kinda sound like the TWA of the left.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm sorry but you kinda sound like the TWA of the left.

So you're telling me I should end my rants with smiley faces now :rofl89:

If anything i'm more pissed that they're some violence yet again and it doesn't really help anything. I don't condone it but I understand it.

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

Lets get this back on track everyone

Yes thank you I apologize if i derailed this thread in any way.

:kickcan:

4 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Events like last night at Berkeley do so much damage to the Dems.  And they either don't care or don't realize it. 

And yet the Republicans don't think Milo Yiannopoulos hurts their cause at all. Interesting. 

4 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

When the left wing stops claiming that any idea or speech that they dont agree with is hate speech, or racism, or whatever else offends them, maybe they'll start attracting more people to their ideas.

I would love to hear what you actually believe hate speech or racism is. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

So how do you explain texas, baltimore, fergesun, etc?

That group just travels real well? The packers fans show up everywhere, I'm willing to buy it.

Not just rioting and destruction, also looting. In their own community.

Also, can I claim false equivalency?

The protests you're talking about that turn violent/destructive/looting, are excused on some level by (some) people on the left. Kids being kids, peaceful protest doesn't work, even the 60's were violent, it's outside agitators (completely excusing everyone that then joins in), etc etc.

No one excuses the westboro baptist church. Some reluctantly sigh that it's their right, but most people on the right want those people to be beaten badly in public for what they do. Most people cheered the military guy that punched them.

so, false equivalency!

i also call a steam load of bull****.     I was AT the giant women's march... over crowded, under policed, and peaceful as can be.  and EVERY person i spoke to, without a single exception,  was bemoaning the ****ing idiots that had broken windows during the inauguration parade, making it too easy for idiotic finger pointing.  

the approppriate parallel is that there were millions (not trump "millions" but ACTUAL millions) of people marching, and twenty something punk losers took it upon themselves to break windows, and crap.  

claiming that THOSE 20 losers represent the essence of "the movement" (whatever the hell that means)   is lazy, stupid, self serving bull****.    

21 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

And yet the Republicans don't think Milo Yiannopoulos hurts their cause at all. Interesting. 

I would love to hear what you actually believe hate speech or racism is. 

I do think he hurts the GOP.    But I'd rather pick apart his arguments with facts, not try and prevent him from stating them.

1 hour ago, grego said:

I think he's speaking to the perception that the left has been taken over by the far left. A couple of examples of this might be when the most popular social movement today - one that is openly anti capitalist and one that virtually everyone on the left defends- puts out eulogy for Fidel Castro praising him as a hero, and it gets no criticism (that I'm aware of). 

Another example would be one I mentioned here before (and got no response, fwiw), the southern poverty law center placing maajid nawaz and ayaan hirsi ali on its hate watch list. 

Again. I'm talking about perception. If things are not truly this bad,  the left has done an even more terrible job with PR than I thought.  

I just wanted to say, I saw that post.  I didn't know who those people were, and I was not sure of the consequences of being on the Southern Poverty Law Center hate list.

I did a little reading, and there seems to be a wide variety of opinions on them, and there seems to be no real consequences to being on the Southern Poverty Law Center hate list (it doesn't as near as I can tell be connected to government action at all).  If anything it seems to have helped them become more widely known because it did generate (a little bit of) press for them.  The Southern Poverty Law Center hate list seems to be as peaceful manner to "protest" as possible (and inconsequential).

In that sense, I'm not sure who I should be criticizing.  I agree with some of the things that the people you are pointing out are saying, but i don't agree with all of it, and the Southern Poverty Law Center feels like it rises to the level of hate speech, I'm not sure I really agree with that, but the Southern Poverty Law Center also seems to say some good things and do some good things..  I'm certainly not looking to donate money to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Two sides where I agree and disagree with some things take opposing view points.

What should I really do?

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I do think he hurts the GOP.    But I'd rather pick apart his arguments with facts, not try and prevent him from stating them.

This would seem to have been your opportunity to do that (and you missed it).

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Yes, because heaven forbid someone has to listen to someone that says things they dont agree with.

They shouldn't.  The 1st amendment gives you the right to speak.  It doesn't give you the right to make somebody else listen to you.  It does not guarantee you an audience.

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

I just wanted to say, I saw that post.  I didn't know who those people were, and I was not sure of the consequences of being on the Southern Poverty Law Center hate list.

I did a little reading, and there seems to be a wide variety of opinions on them, and there seems to be no real consequences to being on the Southern Poverty Law Center hate list (it doesn't as near as I can tell be connected to government action at all).  If anything it seems to have helped them become more widely known because it did generate (a little bit of) press for them.  The Southern Poverty Law Center hate list seems to be as peaceful manner to "protest" as possible (and inconsequential).

In that sense, I'm not sure who I should be criticizing.  I agree with some of the things that the people you are pointing out are saying, but i don't agree with all of it, and the Southern Poverty Law Center feels like it rises to the level of hate speech, I'm not sure I really agree with that, but the Southern Poverty Law Center also seems to say some good things and do some good things..  I'm certainly not looking to donate money to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Two sides where I agree and disagree with some things take opposing view points.

What should I really do?

This would seem to have been your opportunity to do that (and you missed it).

I was at Berkeley?

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

His arguments have been ripped to shreds on twitter, and at every stop of his hate tour. Doesn't change the fact that we shouldn't give a platform to hate speech. That doesn't mean he is being silenced. He can say whatever he wants, and he has the right to do so. Berkley also has the right to say they don't want to hear his bull****. 

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Yes, because heaven forbid someone has to listen to someone that says things they dont agree with.

I thought you were an actions have consequences guy. 

Milo dip****s previous speeches led to this disruption from yahoos who go beyond peaceful protests. The same reception I would expect if the young republicans wanted the Richard Spencers of the world to speak in Harlem.

Archived