Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

7 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Sorry, don't want to put anything false out there. First I posted that jsteelz said Kirk "would only sign". Slight correction, he said Kirk "would like to sign". The way he wrote it, it seems to indicate the same thing anyway but I want to make sure I don't throw anything false out there. 

This is the real downside of Twitter.  Our emotional responses, ups and downs, are based on 140 characters at a time.  Sometimes I hate this team for making this feel like a "here we go again" as opposed to "we'll get through it."

55 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

The narrative that Kirk is this money-hungry ahole is laughable. Whatever position he's in is because of what he's earned and what the team allowed him to get into. Furthermore, all he's ever said openly about contracts is that he'd wish it was guaranteed and that he wants to be wanted... which simply means he doesn't want to be signed somewhere that intends of having an easy "out" to get rid of him quickly. All he's looking for is stability and there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. That's what any of us should want. 

How frustrating is this? God I hope this is all bull****, can't believe this friggin offseason so far. What is going on? 

I am still holding out hope since these nightmare scenarios haven't played out, yet.   But considering how comically inept IMO the PR leg of the team has shown to be of late -- I am losing some faith.    I've been holding out hope that its such an insane off season from a PR stand point and team building perspective to let your franchise QB go -- let alone that with the GM and the team's top playmakers -- that its too wacky to be true.    Some say this is typical Redskins dysfunction and I think far from it.  The typical dysfunction has been to be short sighted and overzealous and overselling hope in the off season.  This is the reverse of all of that.  This is blowing it up and instead of overselling hope they are selling what looks like a black hole.

This whole Scot thing, letting their playmakers go, allowing stories to fester about power struggles in the FO -- all happening right during the sensitive period for contract negotiations for Kirk is wild.  It reminds me of Meet The Parents -- you want to propose and gain the in-laws approval and you make a mockery of everything in sight right beforehand.  Sadly, this isn't a comedy -- and hopefully the speculation is proven false.    

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

This is the real downside of Twitter.  Our emotional responses, ups and downs, are based on 140 characters at a time.  Sometimes I hate this team for making this feel like a "here we go again" as opposed to "we'll get through it."

I've tried to steer clear from it this entire offseason. Liked that the team was staying quiet. 

But then the surprise of Scot not being at the combine really was hard to take along with all of this constant craziness about Kirk. Just gets to be too much. 

I don't pretend to know what's going on and I don't care to predict what I think is going to happen, especially when it's something that sucks. I mean... "Congrats, I was right and we suck again, yay!?" 

But I just can't believe how MUCH has happened between the team, their PR, and these reports out of the media. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. Too much is too much. 

I don't know who I'm angry at most right now, but I know I'm angry and frustrated. And I'm close to the point of just not caring at all anymore. It's so silly. 

58 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

I don't think he "knows" that, and I don't think it's true.  Give Kyle or Sean a year to rebuild and he could be just as great with them as with Gruden.

History is with me on this one.  Look at all the great QBs in the NFL.  Look at the ones that are winning championships.  Outside of Brees they don't switch teams. Steve Young switched teams, but sat on the bench for several years.  Farve switched, but he was a rookie or 2nd year non-starter. 

10 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Agreed. At least in the old days you didnt read the garbage reports until the next morning in the newspaper. The invention of social media is one of the worst in human history IMO. You have EVERYONE trying to make a name for themselves. And 95% of the "news" is pure lies. It is just so completely out of control. And it isnt just sports I am referring too. It is all forms of media. Anything to get clicks.

I think Glennon likely getting $15 million a year will make the FO look even more foolish if they ship Kirk out to SF because they were unwilling to pay him 24 million and SF was willing to do so.  The Shanny revenge factor is the kicker to this all if Kirk succeeds there and this team struggles with Colt --  talk about letting him have the last laugh.   Is Bruce really willing to make this off season into an epic disaster and make the team look like the laughing stock of the league?  Is he calling the season holders right now and saying don't worry yeah we are losing a bunch of pieces but don't worry Colt's been looking hot in practice and we've been on the phone with M. Goodwin, yeah he just had 29 catches last season but we really like his potential  :ols: ...it just seems so comically inept, that I am still holding out hope that its too unbelievable to be believed.

Redskins could be going into next season without: current GM, Pro Bowl QB, top 2 WR's and their former Offensive coordinator.

Just want to say.... this is EXACTLY what I outlined and took some flak for earlier. Kirk gets tagged but refuses to sign LTD with WSH. Solution is to trade for max value now as opposed to let walk for nothing.

As I said then, I'd rather Kirk signs a long-term deal here, but I foresaw the exact scenario we might see play out. If it does transpire, I hope the return is great!

I am totally discounting this 49ers trade report from Australia.  I am pinning my hopes on the encouraging words we heard a few days ago from McCartney, one of the principals.  McCartney seemed to be providing some air cover for the Skins while they worked on the final details of a deal, because they had found agreement to the major items.

I always felt they needed to reach a deal with Cousins before tagging him or they wouldn't be able to come to terms, but McCartney convinced me they have a deal.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

I am totally discounting this 49ers trade report from Australia.  I am pinning my hopes on the encouraging words we heard a few days ago from McCartney, one of the principals.  McCartney seemed to be providing some air cover for the Skins while they worked on the final details of a deal, because they had found agreement to the major items.

I wouldn't.  He's not going to report FAKE NEWS.  He's a reliable Skins beat reporter and he wouldn't want to tarnish his reputation.  JMO.

8 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

So..........Are we to believe Kirk isn't being offered at least 24 a year when we just tagged him for that amount??

I haven't heard anyone mention yet the team offered 24 million a year.  it seems like most beat reporters believe that Kirk will sign a deal for 24 million or thereabouts for a LTC.  If so, and they don't get it done -- I see nothing positive about this team not getting the deal done.  I am supposed to get jazzed that we get the #2 pick and land Jonathan Allen or M. Hooker or whomever.  IMO that's still likely a 6-10 season.    

In the waiting room, no sleep, a twisted nervous wreck. Praying for the doc to come out and say: "We saved him. Kirk's gonna be just fine."

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't heard anyone mention yet the team offered 24 million a year.  it seems like most beat reporters believe that Kirk will sign a deal for 24 million or thereabouts.  If so, and they don't get it done -- I see nothing positive about this team not getting the deal done.  I am supposed to get jazzed that we get the #2 pick and land Jonathan Allen or M. Hooker or whomever.  IMO that's still likely a 6-10 season.    

In the waiting room, no sleep, a twisted nervous wreck. Praying for the doc to come out and say: "We saved him. Kirk's gonna be just fine."

Unfortunately, even the #2 pick is wishful thinking

5 minutes ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

Unfortunately, even the #2 pick is wishful thinking

True.  

Not to mention the idea that some throw out there of watch Colt fly in a similar way that Kirk did with our weapons.  I doubt it.  But what weapons?  We are losing our two top Wrs.  So the idea that this offense is stacked and that helps inflate whatever QB is under center's numbers -- while I think that argument is dubious - even if I played along with it its looking doubtful that this narrative with play out.    Lets hope Colt has good chemistry with M. Harris and Ryan Grant..:ols: and everything will be fine!

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I wouldn't.  He's not going to report FAKE NEWS.  He's a reliable Skins beat reporter and he wouldn't want to tarnish his reputation.  JMO.

1. This guy is not a beat reporter. He's not a journalist (not that sports journalists even hold themselves to a high standard anymore), he's a fan who works for a Redskins blog, tweets, and reports from training camp once a year. 

2. There actually is no 2, what I wrote above is enough. 

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

When its all said and done, Bruce Allen will have done something Vinny never did.  Not resign a franchise QB and destroy a team coming off two back to back winning season. In my book, that's much worse than what Vinny has ever done

But the Redskins are winning off the field.  

When's Harvest Fest?

Just now, drowland said:

But the Redskins are winning off the field.  

When's Harvest Fest?

i dont think any redskin fans gives a crap for what the skins do off the field. If the product on the field is excellent, we could be murdering pigs on the sidelines and no one would care

Just now, zoony said:

Kind of resigned to Kurt being gone.  Tryinv to decide if i want to give a **** about this franchise anymore should that happen

the other 3 DC franchises will bury this franchise in the next 2 years.  

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

i dont think any redskin fans gives a crap for what the skins do off the field. If the product on the field is excellent, we could be murdering pigs on the sidelines and no one would care  

I know, I'm referencing Bruce's dissasteres press conference following the 2014 season.  

Archived