Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Redskins Festivus Thread - Air Grievances

Sticksboi05

Hi all,

Festivus is upon us once again and the time to air our grievances has come. After Week 11, we certainly had little to nothing to complain about, but after squandering playoff destiny twice in three weeks, there is certainly plenty to discuss now. 

Any grievances, even the smallest, the team, coaches, stadium, franchise, jersey prices etc. ... air them below. 

Hate how this team has blown golden opportunities and seems to despise prosperity of any kind. Hate how they've come out flat and uninspired in some of the most important games of the season. Disgusting, I tell you. And swept by Dallass again. Thought we were beyond that. In fact, tubs Gruden has NEVER beaten the Cowgirls at home. Three years of no home wins against the evil empire. That is despicable. 

Merry Christmas, Jesus. Hope you like crap. 

Very disappointed by the way the team fails to show up for big games....

I hate the obstructed view seats on the lower level (too many people, not enough bathrooms, not enough concession stands)

I hate Obamacare for making my employer stop offering a platinum plan and instead providing a gold plan.  I also hate Obamacare for lowering the Flexible Spending Account limit from $5000 to $2500 ($2600 in 2017).

I hate my FSA provider for questioning every damn charge I make and disallowing me from buying blood testing lancets on amazon.com (blame this on Obamacare as well).

I hate the fact that the Giants game on Jan 1 most likely will be a meaningless game.

I hate Mara

I hate Dallas, New York, and Philadelphia. 

...on the plus side, I am thinking of having Arby's for lunch,

176145d1406459732-most-quotable-movies-g

2 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

I absolutely hate the fact that...............

Oh wait......... there's that chick in Lloyd's Mongolian Beef's signature.  All is well again!

I hate that I don't know who she is (IE her name).....

I hate the fact that we're unable to capitalize on such a down and weak year overall for the NFC.  There is no truly great team that stands out.  I can see anyone(outside of the Bucs) make it to the Super Bowl and I wouldn't be that surprised.  

I also hate Gruden's decision making at the game's most critical moments.

To Will Compton, Bashaud Breeland, and Su'a Cravens:

Look guys, you aren't the first terrible defense in Skins history (but you're probably the worst). While your terrible play makes us sad, we still recognize that you play for the B&G so we don't truly hate you. 

That is until you three started taking to twitter to take shots at fans. Listen, fans are stupid in general but when you are lucky to not be playing for the Washington Valor (*cough* Will Compton *cough*), maybe you should probably shut the **** up and not say anything to the ppl that pay for your right to steal money in a position that you are woefully unqualified for. 

Breeland, maybe you should avoid talking to other humans period. Every time you open your mouth, you say dumb ****. I'm 75% sure you aren't as horrible as you've played this year but until you're playing like an actual pro athlete, you should probably stay off twitter 

Su'a, you seem like a nice guy. Listen, I know you like Sean Taylor and all but I'm sorry to say that you know jack **** about this team and what this fan base has been through. To be 110% honest, any good will you have is based way more on hype than actual performance. I think you'll be a stud one day but until then, you should probably shut the **** up as well. I don't care how many times you smashed Mia Khalifa.

I can't stand the fact we may be cornered into paying $23 - $25 mil a year for a good QB who hasn't even won a playoff game yet.  We need to build a defense, leave some money to spend.

Some other things that bother me:

The Doctson pick.

Jordan Reed is never healthy.

We choked on Monday night with the season on the line.

I hate that we don't seem to have a quick snap on offense when needed.  If the d has 12 men on the field, snap the ball.  If there is a little question on our last play being challenged, snap the ball.  If we have 3 wide outs with only one defender lined up on them, snap the ball.

I'm pretty pissed that I'm about to be "that fan" of a team on the fringe of contending for a playoff spot, but here goes...

Why can't we make the critical kicks? For most of last year and early this year, we all assumed we had an automatic kicker in Hopkins. Then, he misses an (excusable) extra point in the wind in Baltimore. Soon after, he misses some very reasonable FGs in a critical 0-1-1 stretch (kicks that either may have or absolutely would have turned a loss and tie into a win). Ever since then, he's been pretty hit or miss...looked confident and solid in the Viking game but shaky again less than two weeks later in Dallas.

Beyond the kicking game...why can't we ever just put it all together in one season? We finally have a confident QB in the top-third of the league. We move the ball up and down the field. So, of course this is the year that we can't even be average in the red zone. With a more consistent scoring percentage inside the 20, we probably have two more wins. It's also the year that a bad defense took an even bigger step backwards and also stopped forcing turnovers for a long stretch of time. Our timing just sucks...if you give us this year's Cousins, with last year's red zone and defensive takeaways we are probably sitting pretty comfortably in the playoff picture.

Anyway, what I hate most of all is how conditioned I am to look for these things...because I always seem to need to explain, justify, or excuse why we were so close and couldn't put it all together. Despite our improvements...it seems that the smallest adversity or negative knocks our team off track so easily. Just once (hopefully next year) I'd like to have a team that's dynamic on offense, opportunistic and league-average on defense, efficient in the red zone, and solid/consistent in the kicking game. Give me ONE MORE 13-3 type season where everything falls into place and I can be excited, not petrified, going into each Sunday.

Phew, thanks for this thread.  

Oh boy, this won't end well.

1. I HATE WITH A PASSION leaving RFK Stadium to play in a pre-fab plain-Jane stadium named FedEx Field. Was RFK a dump? Maybe, but it was OUR winning dump, dirt and all.

2. I hate Joe Barry; see my thread I started on him, enough said.

3. [ personal favorite ] I despise this team hiring ANYONE related to one another. The Schottenheimers, the Shanahans, the Grudens.  Stop using this team's revenue to keep your relatives from governmental assistance. Yea, I know its common, but guess what?: it doesn't work.

4. I hate the puke yellow pants. Stick with the white over burgundy look as much as possible; when it needs to be different, go burgundy over white with some better striping.

5.I hate the bunch formation around the goal line. It never ever ever works. 'OK, Mr. RB, when you get the ball, you're gonna have to run through absolutely NO holes created, THEN you are going to have 11 guys right in front of you, all crammed directly in front, packed so tightly together that if their safety farts our QB will be blamed'.  Good ****ing luck!

There! I feel much better.  Now, to top off the day, I'm gonna go to youtube and watch the 80's Redskins football and wish I knew how to turn back time. Either that or make the bottle of Captain Morgans disappear, slowly, with 3 cubes of ice, because if you use 4, the GNP of Tuvalu will drop 60% on the 3rd Tuesday in July after, and only after, Rosie O'Donnell makes the Cover of Yugoslavia Today Magazine.

Just use 3 cubes, be safe.

I hate that every time I travel to see the redskins play they are ****ing horrible.

I dislike that I'm usually surrounded by obnoxious fans of the other team.

I am unhappy that it would be illegal, immoral and life altering for me to pummel said annoying fans for further ruining my "good time"

9 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

I hate Obamacare for making my employer stop offering a platinum plan and instead providing a gold plan.  I also hate Obamacare for lowering the Flexible Spending Account limit from $5000 to $2500 ($2600 in 2017).

I hate my FSA provider for questioning every damn charge I make and disallowing me from buying blood testing lancets on amazon.com (blame this on Obamacare as well).

No politics on the Stadium Board.

OK, I'll take a stab at this ... 

1. I hate the ease in which opposing teams' fans have access to tickets at our stadium, thanks to StubHub and other ticket brokers gobbling up seats for that purpose.  It's pathetic when it feels like a road game in our house.  In my section, it's clear that whoever has the aisle seats two rows in front sells all their games to random fans.  For the home opener, we had an obnoxious and lewd twerker wearing a [Sch]ittsburgh 84 jersey; recent games, it was different people who would not sit down at all, much to the chagrin of people behind them (including those behind me).
  3. I hate that there are no "DRINKS ONLY" lines at the concession stands.  After witnessing several people who had been in line in the final minutes of the third quarter of the Carolina game get denied beer because the lines were slow, it's time to get that going.
  5. There needs to be better coordination with getting the word out on changes to lot open times.  The recent Carolina game saw all lots open at the same time; one major appeal to RedZone is the extra tailgating time.
  7. I hate that we let *that* team from Texas wear *their* home white in our park.  Can we at least do home white when they come to town?
  9. I hate the fact that we have not officially declared Baltimore, the DMA under which many season ticket holders live, as a secondary market which would require them to air our road games.  The Ratbirds have declared DC as their secondary market which forces us to air their games.  Why aren't we?
  11. I hate that the majority of our own fans do not understand or follow stadium etiquette: get loud (and stand) on defense but STFU (and sit down) when we're on offense.  (Another sore spot is entering/exiting rows in the middle of a play.)
  13. While I love that the band is playing "Hail to the Redskins", I hate that they and the song quickly get out of sync.
  15. I hate how political correctness has run amok and everyone is taking their jabs at our name.  Until the names change for other NFL and college teams, as well as a couple of baseball teams and one NHL team, LEAVE US THE FRACK ALONE !!

In closing and with the spirit of giving zero schitts about political correctness ... Merry Christmas, Everyone !!  :redskins-3908:

Archived