Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Redskins Festivus Thread - Air Grievances

Sticksboi05

On 12/23/2016 at 9:59 AM, Lloyds' Mongolian Beef said:

I hate you Joe Barry. You are infuriating. I'm sorry you don't have any talent to work with, but the reality is, it's irrelevant. Your lack of intelligence is ever present.

He has great talent in Kerrigan and Norman but, as the first two games showed, he had Norman line up against second string receivers presumably to appease Breeland going up against Brown and Bryant.  I don't think we need to rehash how that turned out ...

I have a bad feeling that Joe Barry's defense will cost us one last game as we had the Bears reeling in the first quarter until that 3rd and long completion (drive eventually ended with the blocked FG attempt).  We really need a Rex Ryan disciple in here ... (is Rob Ryan worth pursuing?)

1 hour ago, HouseBowlrz said:

I hate the fact that, once we make the playoffs (trying to stay positive), we probably will wind up in the Pacific Northwest thanks to the Cardinals' win today.

Friggin' Cards took Seattle behind the shed, big time.

Man, if we had a hint of that defense we'd be sitting pretty. Guys were focused, and they came to play. Not an easy feat IN Seattle, but Seattle isn't anywhere near as good as they were the last few years; trending downwards. If we make it and play there, I'd think we have a good shot at beating them, and they could be THE victim of wildcard round, as 1 division winner always falls to a wildcard team.

I'm angry this organization continues to treat preseason like a formality they just have to go through.

The autopsy of this season will mention the tie, the Detroit loss, both Cowboys games, and the Carolina game, one thing that will be glossed over is how it took 4 weeks for the team to stop committing ridiculously dumb penalties. False starts, delays of game, illegal procdure/shift/covering up. Not to mention the time outs wasted to try and prevent them.

Cousins inability to hit anyone in stride for the first several weeks. How long to took to bench Jones. 

All things early on that showed we were not prepared. I don't know what the answer is, but you can't start your season out so poorly. 

My grievances...

1) Skins front 7

2) Everyone who has played center for the past 5 years

3) Angry, racist white voters

4) Mara

5) Angry, racist black voters

6) The Manning face

7) Communists 

8) Bad drivers

9) Cowboys and their fans (ditto for Penguins)

10) Goddell

11) Shameless "Community Outreach" PR ploys to pretend that the NFL cares

12) Anal rashes

13) Vinny (deserves #13)

Happy Festivus

I hate the fact that Dustin F****g Hopkins couldn't make a kick in OT in London to give them a tie that still haunts them to this day.  REALLY!!!??  REALLY!!!??  I hate the fact that they went WR instead of DL in the draft which has contributed to them giving up those 3rd and forever plays.  

3 hours ago, tshile said:

I'm angry this organization continues to treat preseason like a formality they just have to go through.

The autopsy of this season will mention the tie, the Detroit loss, both Cowboys games, and the Carolina game, one thing that will be glossed over is how it took 4 weeks for the team to stop committing ridiculously dumb penalties. False starts, delays of game, illegal procdure/shift/covering up. Not to mention the time outs wasted to try and prevent them.

Cousins inability to hit anyone in stride for the first several weeks. How long to took to bench Jones. 

All things early on that showed we were not prepared. I don't know what the answer is, but you can't start your season out so poorly. 

Yes, we did start our season 0-2. But we won 4 straight after that. If anything, we should be blaming the loss to the lions and the tie in London for why we aren't in the playoffs yet. 4-2 is as good a start after 6 games as we've had in a while. Best start since 2008. 

On 12/24/2016 at 9:25 PM, SAli457180 said:

I hate the fact that Dustin F****g Hopkins couldn't make a kick in OT in London to give them a tie that still haunts them to this day.  REALLY!!!??  REALLY!!!??  I hate the fact that they went WR instead of DL in the draft which has contributed to them giving up those 3rd and forever plays.  

Very ****ing well said!!

I hate fantasy football and everything it's doing to the NFL...I hate seeing players exchange jerseys, I ****ING HATE JOHN MARA!!!..I hate rooting for the cowboys in any way for any reason...go lions!...beat the **** out of those cowpukes!!...I HATE FANTASY FOOTBALL!!...everyday I get a ****y taste in my mouth by thinking of the missed GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL in London!!... god I ****ing hate fantasy football....I absolutely hate hearing "well at least I had so n so in my fantasy team"..or "ya it kinda sucks the cowboys are beating the redskins but I got Witten or dez on my fantasy so that's working for me"..DIE FANTASY FOOTBALL!!...oh wow I feel better...hats off to who created this thread!!..thank you.

On 12/23/2016 at 9:45 PM, zskins said:

I hate this thread! Now I won't be starting the insomniac drunken thread. I have to get up at 5:30am so you all drunken people can just come here instead. :D 

Oh yeah I hate Saturday games as Sunday is the day reserved for me. :)

I hate the fact you said no more insomniac thread...that's the number one thread I have looked forward to visiting each week during the football season for 12 years now.

Bruce Allen- I can't hold Scot or anybody else  fully accountable when you are with this team. Contract guru? The Jason Hatcher contract proves otherwise. Can we just put him out to greener pastures and let him get drunk and entertain people full time? Nepotism can only get you so far. This Snyder-Whisperer can GTFO for all I care. 

Kirk suddenly can't hit the deep balls but a few times a year and of course his signature INT to end the year will leave a mark.  Jay cannot effectively use timeouts and looks bewildered on game day which players see. McVay looks all the part of a young OC. Red zone play calling.  Trent finally cleans up the false starts only to fail other tests. Scot drools over a guy we don't need so he breaks his hand. The charade of thinking Cravens wasn't needed at safety to make him a pass down LB only.  Norman just has to take a personal foul or hands to the face weekly. Compton has to be the slowest/to react Mike in the league. Meanwhile, our previous ILBs are in the playoffs. Jordan Reed squaring up like a boxer.  Crowder vanishing from our offense - averaging only 5 targets a game in the last 2 months. 3rd and longs make Joe a dull boy.  Tress Way no longer our MVP, and Hopkins missing more kicks than anyone else. The Dallas glare. Stud college DEs in pass coverage, meanwhile the QB is happy as the guys he fears most he can most easily abuse in coverage. The 3-4 we don't use, but target players to fit in its traditional roles. Thinking Keds with sandbags for shoulder pads could be an effective nose.

I could go on.

frank-costanza.jpg

Archived