Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Team Isn't Ready..... Now What?

shakinaiken

While we can certainly sneak into the playoffs, predicated on some outside help, and us taking care of business the last two games- it's clear this team isn't quite ready to win consistently, against teams they should defeat. Issues, linger:

Is Kirk worthy of obscene money? He's undoubtedly the best and most prolific QB this franchise has had in years, but an argument exists that warns against turning into a mediocre team, albeit an offensive juggernaut like the Saints or Chargers. Money allocated to the offense, while neglecting other team needs.

Is Joe Barry an incompetent D coordinator or is his talent level to work with, lackluster? A lovely "chicken-or-the-egg" argument.  

And are we optimistic at this point in the season, going forward (next season), or pessimistic?

Love to hear your thoughts. 

Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

Too soon, man.  Wtf.  The game is still going, regardless of the outcome.   Jesus. 

Fair, But its more about the plaguing issues that have affected this season and less about the current game. I'm still holding out hope for the current game, no doubt.

This was obvious before the game started. Our defense sucks. They're not "not good", they suck. You can win in the playoffs with " not good" if your offense is great. You can't win with "sucks" on any side of the ball.

Our running game is not good. Kelley is better than Jones, and I like him and Thompson, and they have moments but they're not "good" at least not yet. We can't run the ball when we need to.

We have a great pass offense.

You need 2 out of 3 to complete, we've got 1 1/4. Not just compete in the playoffs, you need it to compete in December. When it gets cold, and everyone's banged up.

We have 1 1/4.

To top it off we have questionable coaching decisions almost weekly.

The answer to your question is to stick to the plan. Patience is needed in building a team.

Wish the panicy ones would go find some rocks to kick for a year or two.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Still confused as to why GMSM gets zero blame for this like he isn't the GM lol

The only saving grace is that apparently he is aware that they gambled on the defense and lost.  

The saddest part of this evening is that this was an organizational failure. You can point fingers all day on this one.  The bums GMSM put together on defense, the coaches whose team didn't appear ready to go at all, the lack of juice by our players and probably biggest of all...Kirk shriveled under the lights again....in our own house controlling our destiny.  

Just now, Burgold said:

Two contention games against teams with losing records. In both, the team comes out flat, plays poorly, and has a gameplan that just stinks. Beyond frustrating. I don't know if this is a choke or just a fail.

"Choke" implies consistent success, experiencing an anomaly, with unsubstantiated claims that teams falter underestimating their opponents. The Panthers passed every eye test in regards to "which team is better." Redskins didn't "choke"; they lost.

One thing that is obvious to me after these lackluster showings is that this team fails at preparation and that falls on the coaching staff.  Gruden does not know how to get this team ready to play on top of having a subpar d coordinator.  Its a recipe for disaster.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Because he's our first real GM in over 2 decades and he's already turned over 75% of a garbage roster.

He said 3 years.

Tonight was the most disappointing game in a long time, because it even crushes my hope for the long term. How is this team going to change much for next year? 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Two contention games against teams with losing records. In both, the team comes out flat, plays poorly, and has a gameplan that just stinks. Beyond frustrating. I don't know if this is a choke or just a fail.

The Redskins failed on so many levels tonight, it was a terrible game. Offense/Defense stunk, special teams not good. Our coaching staff can't make adjustments when needed, and if Joe Barry is still on this staff next year, I will be shocked. Yes we have had some injuries but that's no excuse. This is why Washington will never be looked at as a contending team.

9 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

McCloughan **** the bed with the defense this off-season. 

We're ahead of schedule because of kirk.  How quick we forget jus horrible terrible this roster was when he got here.  

We need to go defense heavy, that cap graphic made me want to cry

Archived