Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Team Isn't Ready..... Now What?

shakinaiken

26 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

So I believe Dan is about to fire everyone and dissolve that crappy team?

After all, it doesn't even belong in the NFL.

Pretty much the crux of this thread. I'm as disappointed as anyone. We were sitting pretty at 6-3-1, and now have gone 1-4 over the last 5. We just don't have enough talent on the defensive side, and Joe Barry is a ****ty DC as it is. If we even had a middle of the pack, 16th rated defense, we'd probably have at LEAST 9-10 wins, and would be securely in the playoffs. We just need to focus on the D this offseason. We desperately need linebackers and safeties. If we can improve our defense and maintain our offensive efficiency (and get better in the red zone), we'll be a great team. Honestly, we are middle of the pack, bordering on good. We have a good chance to finish with a winning record for the second straight year. That's what you call, "progress", after the absolute dumpster fire garbage that was 2013 and 2014. I think people forget how awful we were just 2 years ago.

Half way through this season, I felt like this offense (with 1.5 seasons on the books) had become consistent. I thought this offense could be game planned to be effective against any NFL defense, no matter the scheme or ranking. 

I was wrong. 

This offense cant adapt to strong interior DL or strong MLBs. 

Cards and Panthers type defenses, we have no answer for it. Those defenses stop the run, collapse the interior and Kirk just plays differently under those circumstances. Kirk missed open receivers in the 2nd and 3rd level, quickly opting for the short pass. 

Lauvau has to be benched this week. We have to move on. Now. 

Long is playing hurt but we need to upgrade C.

Schreff HAS to be hurt. His play is average at best for the past 5-6 games or so. 

Very disappointing Tuesday. The last 4 games have been a regression. 

My criticism of the coaching staff is increasing. They are getting out coached, badly. 

Haven't read the entire thread, but I'm curious how many put some blame on Callahan.  For all the props he got for the work he did with Dallas, I'm disappointed heavily with him. While our pass blocking has been good, our run blocking seems damn near abysmal. And isn't he in charge of the run game on offense? I thought I remember reading that while McVay is the OC, he installs the run game.  If that's true, I'm even more disappointed. 

The team isn't competitive as it's currently configured.  Imagine we keep the Kirk Cousins we already have but have to subtract talent somewhere due to the size of his contract.  There's no where to subtract talent on the Defense - - it needs a significant infusion.  The Skins best OLB is slower than many of the opposing QBs he faces.  DL pressure is a joke and the ILB are backups on many teams.  So contract savings have to come from the Offense and really there's only the two expensive WRs.  But that expensive offense can't get going at the beginning of any games and does poorly in the red zone.   I think they need an upgrade on the OL run blocking.  So it's a puzzle - how do you add talent when Cousins' contract may be prohibitive? 

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You gave us one extra loss there.

Don't worry, it will come................

21 minutes ago, bradboyd80 said:

Haven't read the entire thread, but I'm curious how many put some blame on Callahan.  For all the props he got for the work he did with Dallas, I'm disappointed heavily with him. While our pass blocking has been good, our run blocking seems damn near abysmal. And isn't he in charge of the run game on offense? I thought I remember reading that while McVay is the OC, he installs the run game.  If that's true, I'm even more disappointed. 

True enough. There is nothing physical about our run game at all, and that is on Callahan.

What I can't believe is that some people are down on Rob Kelley, like if we had a better RB, things would be different,

****. Adrian Peterson would be hard pressed to get the yards Rob does, and Zek would get nothing.

2 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Half way through this season, I felt like this offense (with 1.5 seasons on the books) had become consistent. I thought this offense could be game planned to be effective against any NFL defense, no matter the scheme or ranking. 

I was wrong. 

This offense cant adapt to strong interior DL or strong MLBs. 

Cards and Panthers type defenses, we have no answer for it. Those defenses stop the run, collapse the interior and Kirk just plays differently under those circumstances. Kirk missed open receivers in the 2nd and 3rd level, quickly opting for the short pass. 

Lauvau has to be benched this week. We have to move on. Now. 

Long is playing hurt but we need to upgrade C.

Schreff HAS to be hurt. His play is average at best for the past 5-6 games or so. 

Very disappointing Tuesday. The last 4 games have been a regression. 

My criticism of the coaching staff is increasing. They are getting out coached, badly. 

I put in bold the one thing that I can sort of disagree with.

We took on Minnesota's line and did pretty good.

The Carolina game was a pure case of being out-coached. We have the offensive weapons to do the job, and yes I understand that even great offenses can have off days, but mixing it up, showing pass and running, vice versa, and opening up the playbook some; get creative.

The players seemed to have a lot of confidence that all they had to do was show up and it would be a W, but they came in here and **** slapped us all night long. Gruden fell behind and as usual went to his typical playcalling which they were waiting for. It seemed like they were playing off a scripted game plan for most of the night, and evidently Carolina's defense was able to recognize what was coming.

Don't even get me started on that **** show we call the Redskins defense; that was an embarrassment to NFL football.

42 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I do want to say that there are some pretty good prospects at Safety and ILB for this year's draft.  I know GMSM is a BPA guy, but sometimes your chart has to "nudge" for positions of need up a little. 

:229:The Rook

If Scot does actually go with the BPA logic and picks another 5'8  175 lb WR i'll be admitted to the nice white padded room complete with a straightjacket.

I'm so damn mad at this team right now. Scot better fix this **** quick and I'm sure Snyder is thinking the same thing.

we need another guard and some ****ing atheletes on defense. **** I might even consider benching Spencer Long  at center after this week. Bring in someone hungry this offseason and let them battle for starter. Cravens at safety asap. Draft a combine stud at MLB and keep Compton to compliment him or ditch the 3-4 all together. I'd rather get beat deep occasionally than be out muscled every ****ing down. We need hungry, mean and athletic players. Tired of these soft ass players we are stuck with week in and week out. Cut whitner asap, let Cravens take over at SS. 

The Monday night game was our playoffs, but the running game bit the dust. There wasn't much Kirk could do but keep passing on just about every down. I will say that if you took away his INT and fumble, the score would have been just 13 points for the Panthers for most of the game. Low enough for our offense to overcome. The defense was tired having to come out so often on short 3 and outs. Considering if the Panthers held to the 13 or 16 points, the defense didn't do so bad. The team as a whole was flat, and the season is over because NY will kick our butts. 

Archived