Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Conflict of Interest Thread: Shearing the Sheep

LadySkinsFan

Feh, the fundamentally basic conflict your Presiderp and the cabal he is assembling has is between their own compelling greed for everything- money, power, attention, adulation, etc.- and those American ideals we all thought sacrosanct- freedom, democracy, rule of law, essential fairness, etc. Huge numbers of people have squandered their rights, futures and the futures of their children for the pipedream of somehow, somewhere getting a piece of the action. The years ahead will see millions of us struggling to explain to coming generations exactly how this criminal cult seized control of the country with the willing complicity of millions, did so gleefully, sneeringly, turned themselves inside out to justify destroying something great and noble because their own short-sighted greed and pettiness made it seem like a good idea at the time, and they were cheered on by our own neighbors, neighbors that actively participated in the gangrape of America while waving flags and calling themselves patriots. They are not. They are the antithesis of American, they are so overtly UNAmerican it is appalling. Their ignorance flies in the face of what it is to be loyal or patriotic. We are on the brink of something never seen before, a threat to America herself that is without equal, and it is self-inflicted.

Keep railing away you Morlocks, keep spouting your nonsensical slogans, keep trying rationalize why kneeling for Putin is a good thing, keep yelling in your echo chambers about coal or emails or stupid red hats. We can't stop you, we won't sink to your level to even try by demeaning our souls for some short term gain, when history passes judgement you will be standing before the bar, not those that fought against this travesty.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Or ethical?

But that's a Hillary kind of distinction, isn't it?

Ethical in relation to a private businessman or a sworn in public official?

His ethical obligations change upon taking office....just as Hillary's did

position imposes, just as a teacher or professor is under different ethic or moral conditions.

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So, is Trump looking to start a war with China so he can declare that the loans he owes in China are null and void?

FB_IMG_1481987034688.jpg

I'd hope he would throw in the US's debt if that is the plan. :)

20 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

There is a reason he connected so well with uneducated communities. 

Reminds me of Norm Crosby who used words with the wrong meanings.  It was a funny bit, but not something I want to hear from my president. 

Trump may trumpet his education, but either how he spoke during the election cycle is how he really speaks or he was speaking down to the electorate for votes. If he speaks that way all the time, he's not that smart.

Personally, I have never heard him speak in anything other than in superlatives and low level command of English language.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Reminds me of Norm Crosby who used words with the wrong meanings.  It was a funny bit, but not something I want to hear from my president. 

Trump may trumpet his education, but either how he spoke during the election cycle is how he really speaks or he was speaking down to the electorate for votes. If he speaks that way all the time, he's not that smart.

Personally, I have never heard him speak in anything other than in superlatives and low level command of English language.

His English is horrible. He just tapped into a deep strain of anti-intellectualism that has always existed in this country and I think his elementary understanding of language really helped him get his point across to a segment of the population that has no interest in looking at education as a means to success.

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

Think we will hear anything about Trump enriching himself as POTUS from those that complained about the Clintons? (rhetorical question)

It's rather impressive how he's steered a lot of business towards his hotels and other places that were failing badly, since being elected. 

Archived