Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Conflict of Interest Thread: Shearing the Sheep

LadySkinsFan

13 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I know all of the bad stuff that went on in the Trump charity. Surely they did some good as well, right? Anybody aware of the good work that was done there?

Well they were supporting the arts by buying that painting of TheDonald, right? Put Uday and Qusay on the board, jobs initiative! And those charity golf tourneys? Promoting physical fitness! Why can't people see how good they really are? :P

But he has an Ivy League education!

I couldn't give a **** about his foundation.  It's all his other businesses, leverages, holdings, and so on that are conflicts involving the policies and workings of the United States Government.  Those traitors on Congress and his minions are traitors too if they don't insist that he divest himself of everything, and I don't mean appointing his sons to run things, especially while they are sitting on his transition team.

I hope they are investigating everyone that he's requested for security clearances.  Miller was not only having an affair, but he probably couldn't get a clearance because of it.

Re: "sold tickets"

I might have to side with Trump, on this one. Face it, we've seen a lot of previous Presidents use their position-derived celebrity as a fundraising tool. And all of them can be made to LOOK sleazy. 

I dont see see a scandal, here. 

On 12/30/2016 at 8:44 PM, Larry said:

Re: "sold tickets"

I might have to side with Trump, on this one. Face it, we've seen a lot of previous Presidents use their position-derived celebrity as a fundraising tool. And all of them can be made to LOOK sleazy. 

I dont see see a scandal, here. 

Well, I think the key difference is that most of those Presidents didn't own the venue and have money made at the venue go back into their own pockets.

Like if Obama headlines a DNC event, the money from the event doesn't trickle back to him.  For Trump, he owns the venue, he is likely getting something back.

I'd be less concerned if we knew how much was going into his pockets, provided the amount was small; the benefits of getting discounts on the venues could hypothetically outweigh the costs of the conflict if the trickle back was small enough, but 1) we don't know what the money trickle back looks like and he is resistant to telling the public, and 2) we know Trump is very much the kind of person who puts great value in people basically kissing his ring.

The second one concerns me because it means even if there's no real financial incentive/conflict, there could be policy ones.  If a German official stays at a non-Trump hotel, will our German-American relations suffer for it?  It appears there is a distinct possibility.  Will Trump act favorably to former geopolitical rivals/enemies just because they stay at one of his hotels?

Barack & Michelle signed things to be auctioned off at their daughters' school, but it was for charity, not for access.  There's a yuge difference there.

On another front, didn't know where to put this:  Megyn Kelly is leaving FOX for NBC.  Just like Michael Steele and Nicolle Wallace, they're coming around.

People should just get used to the idea he will be at arms length with his businesses, its nearly impossible for a billionaire to move their assets to a blind trust.

They should have never let him run for office if this was going to be such a huge issue.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Who should have not let him run?  Who is supposed to make that decision?

Our government, you can't ask someone to unload billions in hard assets at wholesale value when the bank loans are at or above 75% LTV, you're asking him to default on his loans and/or lose half of his net worth.

I wouldn't do that, would you?

Archived