Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Conflict of Interest Thread: Shearing the Sheep

LadySkinsFan

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the ownership interest that is the conflict issue. The resignation of all the positions in the companies isn't much of anything. 

It is treated like stock I believe and someone appointed administrator of his holdings.

not that difficult

13 hours ago, twa said:

It is treated like stock I believe and someone appointed administrator of his holdings.

not that difficult

Except the problem has been that he knows what the assets are.  Whether he runs the day-to-day has been a smaller issue by comparison.  In a true blind trust the President doesn't even know what his assets are, so he can't go around subtly helping them.

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Except the problem has been that he knows what the assets are.  Whether he runs the day-to-day has been a smaller issue by comparison.  In a true blind trust the President doesn't even know what his assets are, so he can't go around subtly helping them.

the requirement is not for a blind trust though, they do prevent most annoying questions and suits though.

1 hour ago, twa said:

the requirement is not for a blind trust though, they do prevent most annoying questions and suits though.

I mean, we weren't previously talking requirements.  Sure, he isn't required to do a lot of things that he really should do and which open himself up to major legal problems.

If we keep to the question of where issues could arise; issues; then him maintaining ownership and knowing assets is a definite "issue," one which can definitely carry legal consequences if he allows tmhis knowledge if his assets to color his duties as POTUS.

I would imagine (though I haven't done a bit of research) that most previous presidents at least have a general idea what they own stocks in.  It doesn't mean they can't be president though.  They appoint someone to manage their portfolio but they probably still at least know what industries they are invested in.  I could be way off base though.  Again, with Trump, there are much bigger things on the massive list of stuff that worries me about him.

Fact is, we haven't seen anything like this dude in the house before. So its going to be hard to impose things on him that no one has ever had to do. In that instance, its really unfair to him. 

I do worry he will take advantage. But like the above poster, him making his family rich is the least of my concerns about him. I just hope its not at the cost of the countries integrity or safety. He has made a killing off of taking advantage of systems and he is going to do it again. No question. We just have to keep a watchful eye on him. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would imagine (though I haven't done a bit of research) that most previous presidents at least have a general idea what they own stocks in.  It doesn't mean they can't be president though.  They appoint someone to manage their portfolio but they probably still at least know what industries they are invested in.  I could be way off base though.  Again, with Trump, there are much bigger things on the massive list of stuff that worries me about him.

Previous Presidents have liquidated their assets and created a blind trust that literally does not allow them to know what they are invested in. Trump? 

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Previous Presidents have liquidated their assets and created a blind trust that literally does not allow them to know what they are invested in. Trump? 

I believe both he and Perry(who owned some as well) have both divested of that stock.

How many Presidents have put their real estate holdings into blind trusts? :)....never heard of it before, stock on the other hahd is either sold or entrusted to another.(and even that is not absolute)

10 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I think we are in uncharted territory legally and the next year or so with be a busy one for Trump's lawyers (as usual).

Yep. But now our tax dollars pay for those lawyers. 

I want to throw up now.  I just haven't drank enough yet. 

He's truly pushing my limit.

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yep. But now our tax dollars pay for those lawyers. 

I want to throw up now.  I just haven't drank enough yet. 

He's truly pushing my limit.

You mean the fact that as much as you hate trump, you are literally paying your money to defend him?  Yea, that has to burn.

Archived