Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

On 12/2/2017 at 10:42 AM, Jumbo said:

Not a big deal, just congressvermin business as normal, I just thought it was worth passing mention---Trey Gowdy and Jason Chaffetz being two standout partisan hack slimeballs on that side of the aisle---and was surprised to not find a thread devoted to Benghazi via our marvelous search capabilities, so this will have to be close enough.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-benghazi-panel-settled-lawsuit-aide-150-000-000850524--politics.html

ah, i see vis beat me, but i'll leave it cuz it has the article text

Since apparently there is not a Benghazi thread:

Car bomb explodes in Libya's Benghazi, killing three U.N. staff

BENGHAZI, Libya (Reuters) - A car bomb explosion in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi killed three U.N. staff members and two other mission members on Saturday, the United Nations said.The attack came as the United Nations was brokering a truce in the capital Tripoli, where the eastern-based Libyan National Army (LNA) force launched a surprise attack in April, part of the chaos in Libya since the toppling of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.

U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Saturday condemned the attack, a spokesman said in a statement.

"The U.N. does not intend to evacuate from Libya," the assistant secretary-general for peace operations, Bintou Keita, later told the Security Council, which also condemned the attack.

The United Nations gave no more details, saying only some of its casualties had been members working in Benghazi, where its Libya mission had been boosting its presence recently.

LNA spokesman Ahmed Mismari told reporters two of those killed were guards with the U.N. Libya mission (UNSMIL). He added that 10 people had been wounded, including children.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I still remember watching Sean Duffy & his wife on The Real World when I grew up.  

I stopped before him. But I do remember Rachel and Puck in season 3 when I was a college freshman.

Not going to speak ill about somebody going through a pregnancy struggle. Will leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I stopped before him. But I do remember Rachel and Puck in season 3 when I was a college freshman.

Not going to speak ill about somebody going through a pregnancy struggle. Will leave it at that.

Yeah.  I remember her & Puck.  Oh and my comment wasn't meant as an insult.  Just bringing up that I remember them.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah.  I remember her & Puck.  Oh and my comment wasn't meant as an insult.  Just bringing up that I remember them.

I didn't mean yours was. In a different situation, I probably would have less than kind things to say about her. That's all.

• 4 weeks later...

In the Russia thread, @techboypointed me at an article informing me that the House has passed a CR to avoid a shutdown, which also contained this bit that I wasn't aware of.  

The Democratic-led House has already passed its appropriations bills, while the Senate is just getting started.

Really?  The House has passed a full budget for the next fiscal year, before the current fiscal year is up?  Am I clueless, or is this some kind of historic event?  (OK, "both" is a possability, too.)  

3 hours ago, Larry said:

In the Russia thread, @techboypointed me at an article informing me that the House has passed a CR to avoid a shutdown, which also contained this bit that I wasn't aware of.  

The Democratic-led House has already passed its appropriations bills, while the Senate is just getting started.

Really?  The House has passed a full budget for the next fiscal year, before the current fiscal year is up?  Am I clueless, or is this some kind of historic event?  (OK, "both" is a possability, too.)  

CR through November 21, not a full budget.