Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With the Senate still technically up for grabs, what exactly is going on with the Covid relief bill?   I know congress passed a new bill already and it died in the senate.  Sounds as if McConnell is still refusing to pass that bill, assuming he remains in charge of the Senate after January 20th.  

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

With the Senate still technically up for grabs, what exactly is going on with the Covid relief bill?   I know congress passed a new bill already and it died in the senate.  Sounds as if McConnell is still refusing to pass that bill, assuming he remains in charge of the Senate after January 20th.  

Trump didn't win.  Therefore Skippy doesn't want the country to get better.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

If it was indeed a gun they should seize it and arrest him.  It is illegal to have a firearm on the capitol grounds.

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capitol-hill/regulations-prohibitions/prohibited-items#:~:text=Pursuant to the United States,prohibited on U.S. Capitol Grounds.

Pursuant to the United States and District of Columbia Criminal Codes, firearms, dangerous weapons, explosives, or incendiary devices are prohibited on U.S. Capitol Grounds.

They need to start making examples out of these dip****s before somebody else gets hurt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, China said:

If it was indeed a gun they should seize it and arrest him.  It is illegal to have a firearm on the capitol grounds.

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capitol-hill/regulations-prohibitions/prohibited-items#:~:text=Pursuant to the United States,prohibited on U.S. Capitol Grounds.

They need to start making examples out of these dip****s before somebody else gets hurt.

Current Supreme Court will probably rule that open carry in the US Capitol is a protected right. 

3 hours ago, China said:

Actually that rule is for visitors.

A 1967 regulation says no federal or District of Columbia laws restricting firearms “shall prohibit any Member of Congress from maintaining firearms within the confines of his office” or “from transporting within Capitol grounds firearms unloaded and securely wrapped.”

Lawmakers may not bring weapons into the House chamber and other nearby areas, the regulations say, according to a letter Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., wrote in 2018. Aides can carry lawmakers’ weapons for them on the Capitol complex, he wrote.

He just couldn’t take it into the chamber.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Actually that rule is for visitors.

He just couldn’t take it into the chamber.

It also says "unloaded and securely wrapped."  I'd be willing to bet that it was loaded, thus violating that transportation regulation.

2 minutes ago, China said:

It also says "unloaded and securely wrapped."  I'd be willing to bet that it was loaded, thus violating that transportation regulation.

Possibly.  I just was pointing out that it isn’t illegal to have a firearm on Capitol grounds as you said.  That law is just for visitors.  Congress-critters have special rules for themselves of course.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Possibly.  I just was pointing out that it isn’t illegal to have a firearm on Capitol grounds as you said.  That law is just for visitors.  Congress-critters have special rules for themselves of course.

And you were correct.  Next time I would let him take the weapon into the chambers and then arrest him as soon as he did.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thread title needs updating. 🤓

Well I haven't seen the thread starter around in a while, so it looks like a mod will have to do it.

Edited by China

Senate Democrats file ethics complaint against Hawley, Cruz over election challenge

A group of Senate Democrats filed an ethics complaint Thursday against GOP Sens. Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, over their Jan. 6 efforts to object to the 2020 presidential election results.

“By proceeding with their objections to the electors after the violent attack, Senators Cruz and Hawley lent legitimacy to the mob’s cause and made future violence more likely,” the senators wrote in a letter to incoming Senate Ethics panel Chair Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Vice Chair James Lankford (R-Okla.).

The letter, led by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), requests that the panel investigate several issues, including whether Cruz (R-Texas) and Hawley (R-Mo) encouraged the violent Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol; whether they coordinated with organizers of the pro-Trump rally immediately before the riot; whether they received donations from any organizations or donors that also funded the rally; and whether the senators “engaged in criminal conduct or unethical or improper behavior.”

Click on the link for the full article