Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

11 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

CR through November 21, not a full budget.

Yes, the article is about the House passing a CR through Nov 23, which they did yesterday.  

But it also says they've already passed their appropriations bills.  (At least if I read it correctly.)

The Democratic-led House has already passed its appropriations bills, while the Senate is just getting started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can somebody explain why she’s resigning? Because her and her husband have an open relationship and she was fooling around with a female staffer? 

it’s a bad look sure, but it was consensual and wasn’t even cheating on her husband. 

Looking like harassed out of office.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can somebody explain why she’s resigning? Because her and her husband have an open relationship and she was fooling around with a female staffer? 

it’s a bad look sure, but it was consensual and wasn’t even cheating on her husband. 

There are quite a few who feel that a relationship with a subordinate is a crime, or at least ought to be. Especially if there's a large power imbalance. 

I would certainly believe that such people are much more represented among the Dems. 

25 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Meanwhile Duncan Hunter, who also slept with staffers and is currently indicted for fraud, still serving with his party’s support. Some real bull**** indeed.

Just file it away, for the next time some "independant" tries to defend a Republican by running to the "both sides" maneuver.  

Which ought to be some time later today.  :) 

People should read We Walked and then We Ran. That is a chilling book from a survivor who was a patient of my grandfather -in-law.  It is chilling to think about finding out your loved ones were dead when wild dogs were found outside of town chewing on an arm...with a wedding ring that happens to be your spouse's on the hand.  That was a few days after the men had been rounded up and taken out of town for some road work. Sadly that wasn't the harshest story. 

I went to school with the grandson of two refugees from Armenia. When he said he was Armenian, I asked him where that country was...☹️

I know not many in U.S. know of the Armenian genocide. Sadly that is a sign how complete it was that there were and are so few voices who cried out.

Edited by gbear