Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charleston Gazette Mail:Clay official loses job over racist Facebook post about Michelle Obama

nonniey

14 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I was disappointed when the dentist lost his practice because he shot a lion. A bit much IMO. While I think she should lose her job, I'm a bit ambivalent about it as well. Is she gonna be less racist now? Does she have kids?

Let's be bluntly cruel. In a fair world she'd lose her kids too. Why? Guess what she's teaching them. After being fired chances are she'll just get more bitter and teach hate harder. 

Now, we don't live in a fair world  We can't save her kids  The likelihood is that they will grow up with hate in their hearts  

this woman wasn't fit to be a public servent and she probably isn't fit to be a mother  society can only correct one of those things  

Teaching your child racism is child abuse  

19 hours ago, PeterMP said:

No it didn't:

http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/

"Vice President Biden told me that during the transition, he was warned not to expect any bipartisan cooperation on major votes. “I spoke to seven different Republican Senators who said, ‘Joe, I’m not going to be able to help you on anything,’ ” he recalled. His informants said McConnell had demanded unified resistance. “The way it was characterized to me was, ‘For the next two years, we can’t let you succeed in anything. That’s our ticket to coming back,’ ” Biden said. The Vice President said he hasn’t even told Obama who his sources were, but Bob Bennett of Utah and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania both confirmed they had conversations with Biden along those lines.

“So I promise you — and the President agreed with me — I never thought we were going to get Republican support,” Biden said."

Yep. That's one of the links I was going to post.

Thanks Peter.  :)

18 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yep. That's one of the links I was going to post.

Thanks Peter.  :)

Honestly it makes Obama a dumbass for trying to go thru them to get things done, if that's what he knew

he should have studied Lincoln less and Reagan more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

"Her comment was not given as a reason for her firing..."

What was?

You don't give a reason if anyone is employed "at will" and WV is an "at will" employment state.

Even if an employee committed a criminal act which would be disqualifying to any reasonable person, you should never state a reason. Giving a reason for termination only gives someone an ability to sue.

16 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

You don't give a reason if anyone is employed "at will" and WV is an "at will" employment state.

Even if an employee committed a criminal act which would be disqualifying to any reasonable person, you should never state a reason. Giving a reason for termination only gives someone an ability to sue.

I did not know that.  Seems odd though. If you don't give a reason, wouldn't it make it easier to claim it's because you were black, gay, female, ugly, etc? 

Is West Virginia definitely an at will state? I know Virginia is but I didn't think West Virginia was.

Edit: to answer my own question

http://research.lawyers.com/west-virginia/employment-law-in-west-virginia.html

Yes

Think I got confused by the various exemptions and exceptions and what have you throughout the country

As to claims of discrimination, might be easier to claim but I'm not sure it's easier to prove. You can't pick apart and prove false the reason for your termination if one isn't given

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I did not know that.  Seems odd though. If you don't give a reason, wouldn't it make it easier to claim it's because you were black, gay, female, ugly, etc? 

Being a racist asshole may not be sufficient grounds for immediate dismissal, dependent on the wording of your employment agreement.

And so an employer may find themselves in a legal action if they gave that reason. 

Archived