Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Larry said:

To start with, the tweet doesn't even point out Trump changing his position.  All it says is "this is how much it cost".  

And I'm pretty sure that, when Trump was complaining about the cost of the Obama family vacation, CBS' position was "look how petty Trump is being, complaining about this".  

Now the Party label has changed, and both Trump and CBS have changed their opinion as to whether this cost is news.  And this proves that Trump is a hypocrite?  

Maybe I wouldn't have as much of a problem, if the tweet had consisted of retweeting Trump's message about Obama, followed by the price tag.  But, at least what got posted here, was simply an announcement about how much it cost.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michelle-obama-cant-escape-critics-on-vacation/

I think CBS now as to accept it as news because it's been made into news. The cost of vacations as a news story didn't arise in this administration, the dumb trend just continues.

I'm actually trying to stay rather neutral when it comes to judging the quality of the response to this one.  

I keep reminding myself that there was a period, after Katrina, where it sounded like the Superdome was the site of a zombie apocalypse.  Reports of police officers in white suburbs barricading the bridges and killing any black people who tried to escape the rising flood waters.  And then, we find out that yeah, things were bad, (and for a long tome), but they weren't that bad.  

And I'm aware that it's tough to actually come up with an impartial grade for this.  There's reasons why even an impartial comparison of the response to this one vs, say, Houston, isn't really an apples-to-apples comparison.  

So, while I will judge Trump on his tweets.  On his playing golf.  

But I feel like I'm seeing people who are at least working on the image that Trump is actually inhibiting a response.  (We're not too far from starting a myth of Trump yelling "Stand down!  Stand down!" into the radios of first responders who are rushing to the rescue.)  And I'm not actually seeing evidence that that's supported.  

Did that asshole seriously just tweet TO THE PEOPLE OF PR WHO ARE SUFFERING that they shouldn't believe what they're literally living through and that not having power or water or food isn't real and is just made up by the media? What is he suggesting? That they're hallucinating or something? Jesus, this guy must be one of the most clueless, morally corrupt idiots to ever walk the planet, and he's in charge of nuclear weapons.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I don't see the need to work one's self into knots to defend Trump where is he obviously in the wrong.  

We've seen this in his public behavior and we've seen the articles going into his private negligence and willful ignorance on Puerto Rico.  

.... And he's back to talking about the the NFL.

Archived