Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

From the Post this morning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/09/28/daily-202-trump-s-katrina-influx-of-puerto-ricans-after-hurricane-maria-could-tip-florida-toward-democrats/59cc037c30fb0468cea81c2f/?utm_term=.0258d2af382a

THE BIG IDEA: More than 50 million ballots were cast by Floridians in the seven presidential elections from 1992 through 2016. If you add them all up, only 18,000 votes separate the Republicans from the Democrats. That is 0.04 percent.

Florida is rightfully considered the swingiest of swing states. Control of the White House in 2000 came down to a few hundred hanging chads — and one vote on the Supreme Court. The past four statewide elections — two governor’s races and two presidentials — were all decided by a single percentage point.

So it could be quite politically significant that tens of thousands of Puerto Ricans, maybe more, are expected to permanently move into Florida as the result of Hurricane Maria. The Category 4 storm has wreaked havoc on the U.S. territory of 3.4 million. Most of the island still doesn’t have power a week after Maria made landfall. There are shortages of fuel, medicine, food and running water. Infrastructure that was already crumbling is in ruins.

Puerto Ricans are American citizens, thanks to a law passed in 1917. As a result, all they need to settle in the mainland is a plane ticket or a berth on a boat.

Their citizenship entitles them to vote, and they tend to overwhelmingly support Democratic candidates.

Florida-based Republican operative Rick Wilson thinks the hurricane might be a game changer. “If you put an influx of 100,000 Puerto Ricans who vote Democratic eight times out of 10 in the Orlando area, there you go,” he said. “Nobody can afford a big change in the registration pattern or a change in the voting pattern that offsets Florida’s narrowness. You could end up with a big advantage for Democrats in 2018 if they play it right. The Puerto Ricans would be coming here because they feel like Donald Trump left them high and dry. That won’t fade away. … It could be a very, very big deal.”

Not to politicize a humanitarian crisis, but the President shouldn't have spent all week ignoring people in real trouble in Puerto Rico so he could troll some football players. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Im pretty confidant Kusner has some kind of learning disability at this point. 

So we must give him a job worthy of my grandkids.

(But hey...I'm with Dan T.....If Jared's a female in one state, and undecided in another, HE NEVER FATHERED A CHILD.)

Let's work it, y'all.  Seriously.  Call him out.  Get someone's goat.  Wreak havoc.  Whatever other thing I should be able to recall.

WORK IT!   Our very lives depend on it now.  COME ON!

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not to politicize a humanitarian crisis, but the President shouldn't have spent all week ignoring people in real trouble in Puerto Rico so he could troll some football players. 

You are 100% completely wrong.  I don't even know how you came up with this nonsense.  Are you drunk?

He should absolutely do this and anything else he can do to lose as many voters as possible before the next election.  Enough to push him into the losing category.  It's what is best for the nation.

48 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It did indeed...cuz that ain't Boss Hogg.

Are we talkin' about a TV show or the real world?  I fergit ever onceawhile.

Either one. I don't know who it is.

but since you asked, real world Boss Hogg would make a fine ambassador (or president). The actor who played him was a genius in real life.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You are 100% completely wrong.  I don't even know how you came up with this nonsense.  Are you drunk?

He should absolutely do this and anything else he can do to lose as many voters as possible before the next election.  Enough to push him into the losing category.  It's what is best for the nation.

Real **** lol

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

To answer your question, yes, I am a bit drunk at the moment. Otherwise I agree. 

Archived