Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

I'll hold steady

Still think the only reason they do this is to hide from foia and potential investigations. This whole 'omg I have so many email accounts' justification is bull**** and it's incredible how many people accept it.

I'm excited to watch the people who told me its not a big deal Clinton had her own email server and used private email and deleted her email when caught, tell us how it's a problem trump's team did it.

That's fair too. Good point.

My main argument with Clinton was that the behavior had been standard operating procedure for SOS before her. I think the only thing differentiating this for me is that if you make the email argument a cornerstone of your argument against Clinton in the campaign and then you immediately turn around and do the thing that you proclaimed evil, criminal, and that ought to put her in jail... well, that's a pretty cynical and gross level of hypocrisy on their (Trump, Kushner, etc.'s part)

Mind you, we already saw that with how no one seemed to care that Trump brought in an unsecured smart phone into top secret meetings and discussed top secret stuff in the open and with foreign adversaries.

I'm not so jacked about the private email as I am the hypocrisy in relation to Hillary. Until Congress passes explicit legislation, and the entire government gets cyber security rules and technology down, we will still have people using private email. 

Will both parties have the political will to pass the necessary legislation? 

I give it about as much chance as they pass a law overturning Citizens United and curtailing candidates and party contributions.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

No.  Have you?

his lawyer says he did....but you know lawyers. 

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Supposedly he did, but did he forward all of them?

Does it matter?

We know Hillary didn't and it didn't matter 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

That's fair too. Good point.

My main argument with Clinton was that the behavior had been standard operating procedure for SOS before her. I think the only thing differentiating this for me is that if you make the email argument a cornerstone of your argument against Clinton in the campaign and then you immediately turn around and do the thing that you proclaimed evil, criminal, and that ought to put her in jail... well, that's a pretty cynical and gross level of hypocrisy on their (Trump, Kushner, etc.'s part)

Mind you, we already saw that with how no one seemed to care that Trump brought in an unsecured smart phone into top secret meetings and discussed top secret stuff in the open and with foreign adversaries.

Yeah, I'd like to avoid a "... but trump" tactic in politics. He shouldn't be a bar anyone's compared to. He's terrible. As president and as a person. 

His hypocrisy should be expected, it's the type of person he is.

1 minute ago, twa said:

I'll take your word for it.

wait, you are a lawyer?

Yes, but I enjoy joneing on lawyers. 

Mostly, this latest Kushner tidbit (and at least 5 othrs) is about hypocrisy.  Trump made such a big deal about private email, and then top officials in his admin do the same ****. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah, I'd like to avoid a "... but trump" tactic in politics. He shouldn't be a bar anyone's compared to. He's terrible. As president and as a person. 

His hypocrisy should be expected, it's the type of person he is.

I hear ya, but that's tough to do when we're actually talking directly about Trump and his administration.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I'm excited to watch the people who told me its not a big deal Clinton had her own email server and used private email and deleted her email when caught, tell us how it's a problem trump's team did it.

I'll play devil's advocate. I said the Hillary email wasn't a big deal (or at least nowhere near as big a deal as it was made out to be.)

It's a problem that Trump's team did it. The reason it's a problem though it because the GOP spent 2 years and millions of millions of dollars making it out to be the crime of the century. It would not be a stretch to say it was the foundation of the Trump campaign. They still yell "lock her up" everywhere that Trump goes.

Archived