Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I can’t even be mad at that 38 under par. That ****s hilarious. 

Like Trump he is mentally ill enough to believe that they can have their own facts. In NK not parroting the Dear Leaders facts have deadly consequences. You would hope that the GOP could have a shred of integrity though.

Somewhat related, I just came across an article about one of the Disney heiresses who describes the impact of enormous wealth on her and her parents.

If I were queen of the world, I would pass a law against private jets, because they enable you to get around a certain reality. You don’t have to go through an airport terminal, you don’t have to interact, you don’t have to be patient, you don’t have to be uncomfortable. These are the things that remind us we’re human.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/abigail-disney-has-more-money-than-shell-ever-spend.html

12 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Plus Obama got the ACA passed 14 months on the job.

Well is the objective a good plan? ACA I'm sure is not anything one would want to hang their hat on. Not saying Trump is developing anything at all but if he does get a health bill developed don't we all hope it will a good plan (Who am I kidding doubt he is developing anything - what would be the point? He'd never get it passed no matter what).

SP what is the confusion about? Trump couldn't even get the ACA repealed when he had both the Senate and the House - so how could he possibly pass anything he develops with a Dem house? I see him as the least effective post war Republican President. 

Magats suck. 😁

10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well is the objective a good plan? ACA I'm sure is not anything one would want to hang their hat on. Not saying Trump is developing anything at all but if he does get a health bill developed don't we all hope it will a good plan (Who am I kidding doubt he is developing anything - what would be the point? He'd never get it passed no matter what).

It borrowed heavily from Romneycare which the GOP didn't have a problem with. The sole problem for the GOP was that it was Obama and not McCain implementing it.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Magats suck. 😁

It borrowed heavily from Romneycare which the GOP didn't have a problem with. The sole problem for the GOP was that it was Obama and not McCain implementing it.

And??? Your point? (Additional GOP sore points were cutting out Tort reform and cross state insurance - so that wasn't the sole problem they had with it).

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

And??? Your point?

My point is the GOP will never be the party of healthcare because they can't even be for something when they are for something (especially if it gives the Dems a win). Party over country every time.

The GOP largely turned their back on basically the GOP version of healthcare because they couldn't possibly let Obama get something passed.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

My point is the GOP will never be the party of healthcare because they can't even be for something when they are for something (if if gives the Dems a win). They largely turned their back on basically the GOP version of healthcare because they couldn't possibly let Obama get something passed.

I added to my response.  Obama passing it wasn't the only sore point.  But again what was your point?  My point was - being able to pass a bad healthcare plan after just 14 months is nothing to brag about. 

27 minutes ago, nonniey said:

ACA I'm sure is not anything one would want to hang their hat on.

Delivering affordable healthcare to 20 million + people that didn’t have it before is certainly something to hang your hat on. And that’s not counting how gutted and ****ized it was and continued to be due to Republicans

24 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If Trump or Republicans have any plan that's better than the ACA, I'd eat my hat. They been running on repeal and replace for a decade and still haven't come up with anything.

Just now, nonniey said:

I added to my response.  Obama passing it wasn't only sore point.  But again what was your point?  My point was - being able to pass a bad healthcare plan after just 14 months is nothing to brag about. 

A bad healthcare plan that was better than the healthcare structure we already had. Trump's people out here complaining he's only been President for 2 years. At least Obama improved on what was out there. Wish he could have done more.

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If Trump or Republicans have any plan that's better than the ACA, I'd eat my hat. They been running on repeal and replace for a decade and still haven't come up with anything.

A bad healthcare plan that was better than the healthcare structure we already had. Trump's people out here complaining he's only been President for 2 years. At least Obama improved on what was out there. Wish he could have done more.

Did he improve upon it? What was the goal? He expanded health coverage but reduced access to health care itself.  The expansion of insurance was less than planned, many that couldn't afford it before got it but then  many that already had insurance no longer could afford it (which is why uninsured numbers declined by less than 5 million).  So 2-3 million more people have insurance but with deductibles that prevent them from using it (Basically junk insurance).  

Actual results? The steady increase of life expectancy in the Unites States experienced prior to Obamacare stagnated and started to decline. 

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Actual results? The steady increase of life expectancy in the Unites States experienced prior to Obamacare stagnated and started to decline. 

Source for that correlation? Mine indicates an increase in drug overdoses and suicides as the contributing factor.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/us-life-expectancy-drops-third-year-row-reflecting-rising-drug-overdose-suicide-rates-180970942/

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Did he improve upon it? What was the goal? He expanded health coverage but reduced access to health care itself.  The expansion of insurance was less than planned, many that couldn't afford it before got it but then  many that already had insurance no longer could afford it (which is why uninsured numbers declined by less than 5 million).  So 2-3 million more people have insurance but with deductibles that prevent them from using it (Basically junk insurance). 

You don't think expanding Medicaid was an improvement? Insurers not being able to deny for pre-existing conditions? Being able to stay on your parents insurance till you're 26? Don't think we'll have the same views of improvement.

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

You don't think expanding Medicaid was an improvement? Insurers not being able to deny for pre-existing conditions? Being able to stay on your parents insurance till you're 26? Don't think we'll have the same views of improvement.

Proof is in the pudding Obamacare was a health insurance coverage expansion not health access expansion. The effect was providing health insurance to those who couldn't previously afford it at the expense of many who could previously afford it.  So what happened was the over all use of the health industry declined because those that we're newly covered were less likely to use the insurance due to the cost of co-pays than those who lost insurance were (Basically you eliminated a chunk of people that could more afford co-pays and deductibles and replaced them with people that could less afford them).

Archived