Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i didn't know until a couple months ago that mulvaney  (who promoted this attack on the aca) was another uber-evang xtian types, maybe even more than pompeo and pompy is supposed to be bad...half of all tumpco is religious nutters...hucksan is convinced she doesn't lie except  when she's doing it for god, helping to work his will and then it's not a lie it's what the real truth should be and therefore in god's eyes, is :P

i don't think mulvaney is that far out there but what i did heard him say sounded real close to nutter category (keep in mind my rankings are based on my system :806: :806:)

He's a former congressman from South Carolina.  Jeez Jumbo.

In all seriousness, Mulvaney is extremely good at hiding who he really is.  He's smart (undergrad Georgetown, J.D. UNC) but he comes across as a salt-of-the-earth type.  He's a religious zealot, but has the ability to make it all sound perfectly reasonable and doesn't say the crazy **** out loud in public.  He's ambitious as hell, but fronts like he's just there to serve.  

A person familiar with the situation said Liu's previous role as the vice president of the National Association of Women's Lawyers over a decade ago proved to be the sticking point for some conservatives. While Liu considered it a professional networking opportunity, the group spearheaded a letter against Justice Samuel Alito's nomination to the Supreme Court and has signed on to a number of legal briefs supporting a woman's right to make their own reproductive choices.
Liu did not sign onto NAWL's letter opposing Alito, but maintained a leadership role at the organization during the time it went out. In fact, she had signed a letter in support of Alito as a Yale alum. And ultimately, she resigned from her position at the group and did not rejoin.

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This is the greatest proof that time travel never becomes widely available.

It's like a DVR. You have to go through it before you can rewind.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Off topic slightly, but I just want to point out that the "barbarians" who sacked Rome were Christians. In fact, both Alaric and Geyseric had served in the Roman army. Goths and Vandals had been converted by missionaries sent by Constantine's son Constantius, who was an Arian Christian. The bad press they get as pagans is primarily thanks to Catholic apologists like Augustine.

****ing barbarians...

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In all seriousness, Mulvaney is extremely good at hiding who he really is.  He's smart (undergrad Georgetown, J.D. UNC) but he comes across as a salt-of-the-earth type.  He's a religious zealot, but has the ability to make it all sound perfectly reasonable and doesn't say the crazy **** out loud in public.  He's ambitious as hell, but fronts like he's just there to serve.  

I'd like to recant this post in light of newly-unearthed information.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mick-mulvaney-learned-league-trivia_n_5c941573e4b0a6329e147a61

Mick Mulvaney Gets His Ass Kicked In His Private Trivia League

Mulvaney (or someone who shares his name, alma mater, hometown, Irish pride and at least one acquaintance) appears to be a member of Learned League, an online, invite-only trivia competition that pits players against each other over the course of each 25-day-long season.

5c95448724000086064f3e48.jpeg?ops=scalefit_970_noupscale

As to the rake, I think the GOP is just fine with the way things are going now. 

They learned last last time that the voters won't let them just kill it without a replacement. And that the only replacement they are able/willing to almost pass really sucks. 

No, I'm pretty sure that the narrative they're going to push is "hey, we didn't do that, judicial branch did (with our conspiracy)". 

Archived