Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

13 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Thanks. I wonder if that gets rid of the mandate and caddillac tax. 

Thanks for joining.  We were just talking about what we thought the order might be until you jumped in and said it didn't happen.  Google is your friend.  Consult it before you tell people they are wrong.

20 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:
Senate confirms retired generals as first two Trump cabinet members
WASHINGTON, Jan 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate confirmed the first two members of President Donald Trump's cabinet on Friday, voting overwhelmingly to approve two retired four-star Marine generals as his secretaries of defense and homeland security hours after Trump was sworn in as commander-in-chief.
The Senate voted 98-1 to confirm James Mattis to lead the Pentagon, and 88-11 to confirm John Kelly for homeland security, a sprawling department responsible for everything from domestic antiterrorism to border security and disaster prevention.
The Senate also voted 89-8 to clear the way for a vote on Monday on another member of Trump's national security team, Republican U.S. Representative Mike Pompeo, his nominee to be director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Vice President Pence swore in both General Mattis and Gen Kelly!

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks for joining.  We were just talking about what we thought the order might be until you jumped in and said it didn't happen.  Google is your friend.  Consult it before you tell people they are wrong.

Ha!  You're here all week right?! 

I asked for a citation not from a random tweeter. Common practice. 

3 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Ha!  You're here all week right?! 

I asked for a citation not from a random tweeter. Common practice. 

His point was that you could have googled it to confirm rather than ask us to cite it for you. If you don't have access to that, we will be happy to help. Just as an FYI, don't mistake TheGreatBuzz as some raging liberal. LOL

The irony for me is watching him talk about, "we are giving Washington, America, back to you..." and "Washington got rich and didn't care you lost your job" rhetoric is that hours (minutes even) he is doing business flanked by Paul Ryan and Mike Pence.  

He spoke the words of mass warfare -- but its clear, he only meant "the other side".  

At some point the strong people of this nation will have to pick up the tatters of a failed state... and failed leadership.

Healthcare, education, housing --- all built on a house of cards.... 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree.  Trump supporters will never change.  But if you harp on every little thing, you will begin to get ignored.  I think you pick you battles.  Pick the biggest and most egregious **** ups and don't them forget those.

I agree you pick your battles, Dems don't need to be the new party of no. Focus on policy. If Trump's policies help people, then we should support them, and if his policies hurt people, then we should oppose them. Given what I've seen so far, I think that will mean more opposition than support, but I wouldn't rule out completely the possibility of cooperating with him. For example, if Trump were to come out for adding a public option to the ACA and changing the name to Trumpcare, then I would support it, even if it made tiny hands look good.

I doubt it happens, but maybe he'll wake up and realize that kicking millions of people off their health insurance is not only wrong, but it will also cost him a lot politically.

Archived