Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 minutes ago, Ax said:

Not really sure how you think he bowed to Putin. He's trying to engage him. He's not the first President to try. I agree he's an enemy. Don't know how President Trump has been used to destabilize this country. Unless you actually believe the whole "collusion", "Russians Got Trump Elected" foolishness.

And, again, I feel that you, and almost all on the left, are exhibiting irrational disdain concerning Trump. I realize he's far from being a choirboy. And I sure as hell wouldn't want my sister to be married to him. But the reaction of the left, IMHO, has been hysterically irrational from the moment he shocked the world by winning in 2016. And yes, I do find people running around screaming "the sky is falling", when it isn't, as being funny. Often pathetic. But mostly, funny.

The Trump Derangement Syndrome comment, which I didn't invent, seems as accurate as anything else. I do see where it wasn't the best way to jump in to the thread, but I also see it as an accurate description of a majority on the left. One of things I am concerned about moving forward, after reading, and re-reading rule #12 during my 2 day time out, is how close to impossible it will be for me avoid violating the rule. The very first line is...

"Do not post comments that are fundamentally inflammatory, or of little substantive content, or of some broadly insulting nature that serve primarily to incite your fellow members."

The problem is, in my view, there is nothing anyone can say, that even remotely seems to be positive about President Trump, that won't be considered inflammatory, broadly insulting, and inciting to the left. They seem to be angry at everything. They preach tolerance, but seem to possess none. Anyone that doesn't hate Trump enough is ganged up on, and insulted as if they smacked somebody's momma. That's fine. I'm a big boy. Sticks and stones, and all. 

I've seen a lot of otherwise rational people, everywhere, who appear to have lost their mind over Trump winning. 

Black is white and white is black to you. 

Trump derangement syndrome? After 8 years of absolute right wing insanity, making up conspiracy theories, demanding birth certificates, claiming he is a muslim. The hypocrisy is mind boggling. 

You want tolerance? Here's your tolerance from the right. Just a few of the screenshots I have taken. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 7.22.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 4.41.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 12.47.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 10.38.11 PM.png

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Derangement Syndrome.. this is how you have been trained to see opposing views and said as much in your first post in this little propaganda drive-by, so pardon me if i don't give a **** if you don't like the tone.

~Bang

Not just trained but seriously he even employs the EXACT same immature label that Rand Paul started and Trump picked up on.

Again, I don't engage seriously with these people, there's no point. If they can't see with their own ****ing eyes after three plus years of this bull**** then nothing I can write on here is going to change their minds. The only thing I can hope for is a divine inspiration for them to pull their heads out of their asses.

As for my response to them now, it is reduced to the same scorn and mockery reserved for flat earthers and anti-vaccine nuts.

There is simply no use in treating them as if their arguments have a shred of validity.

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Not just trained but seriously he even employs the EXACT same immature label that Rand Paul started and Trump picked up on.

Again, I don't engage seriously with these people, there's no point. If they can't see with their own ****ing eyes after three plus years of this bull**** then nothing I can write on here is going to change their minds. The only thing I can hope for is a divine inspiration for them to pull their heads out of their asses.

As for my response to them now, it is reduced to the same scorn and mockery reserved for flat earthers and anti-vaccine nuts.

There is simply no use in treating them as if their arguments have a shred of validity.

Have you considered the fact that you may be deranged and hysterical?

I mean lets get serious ok.

Joe "I want first graders to become first grenadiers" Walsh has figured out that Trump is a cancer, and yet the rank and file dumbasses don't quite get the message.

Instead they double down in a classic psychological defensive turtling, where they automatically dismiss criticism and believe that any criticism regardless of how valid is simply proof of the derangement from librawls. If you seriously think you can talk them off their red hat ledge then you need to check yourself, because science has demonstrated that in all of your efforts to change them or talk sense into them you're only driving them further into their delusion.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Have you considered the fact that you may be deranged and hysterical?

Yup.

But then I look at the company I keep. When the criticism comes equally from all sides except the cult baptized minority then I must then trust that given the odds I am on the side of sanity. Then I look at the evidence presented, the reality before me, and if all of that is truly a lie and I am wrong and deranged then we are seriously ****ed.

45 minutes ago, Ax said:

Unless you actually believe the whole "collusion", "Russians Got Trump Elected" foolishness.

Ok, how can you seriously say that? I'm not going to type out a long post with all of the reasons (it'll be a very long post) that every American who actually gives a damn about his country should be seriously concerned about the possibility unless I know you're going to engage me. Let me know if you actually want to have a real conversation about this.

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well, he could say that you weren't being arrogant or ignorant but you've been railing on about how you hate fake news, so...

My intent was not to insult but to address reality. I just don't know a better way to describe someone who is so sure they are right when they are demonstrably so wrong.

Its almost humorous to hear him talk about himself like he has independently come to his conclusions when he sounds EXACTLY like every other Trump supporter I meet. He just tries to white wash the talking points to make them sound more reasonable. But its the exact same rhetoric. Talking to Trump supporters is like talking to pod people. And I'm not gonna lie, it's starting to freak me out.

23 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I love this line.

Thank you. I seem to have a knack for those type quotes. Its what got me a quote in Time Magazine. :)

"What Larry Ellison did was distasteful, what microsoft did was despicable" - Refering to the dumpster diving incident during the anti-trust trials.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Projection

From The Urban Dictionary: Projection

Projection (Psychological)

1) An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

2) A way to blame others for your own negative thoughts by repressing them and then attributing them to someone else. Due to the sorrowful nature of delusion and denial it is very difficult for the target to be able to clarify the reality of the situation.

3) A way to transfer guilt for your own thoughts, emotions and actions onto another as a way of not admitting your guilt to yourself.

Projection is what the left does. As evidenced by some here. That it is done "unconsciously", is a big reason they can't see it. It has been engraved in the liberal psyche, to the point that it's reflexive. It's why Liberalism, in general, is the scourge of the world.

Because of President Trump, they expose themselves more everyday. Trump was not my first choice. But everyday I'm happier that I voted for him. Once it was down to him, or Hillary, he was the only choice. Maybe one day something will happen that will change my mind. Who knows. It sure hasn't happened yet.

So thank you, Presidents Trump, and Obama. You both saved the country from Hillary Clinton.

For me, if he doesn't add anything else to his already long list of accomplishments, getting Gorsuch, and next, Cavanaugh on the Supreme Court was worth electing him for. Along with 100's more judges on the lower courts. Chances are good he'll get at least 1 more Supreme court pick in before 2024, and even more on the lower courts. That will help slow down the left for years to come. Which only makes the country better. And that's good for all of us. Even those that don't think it's so.

11 hours ago, Ax said:

Not really sure how you think he bowed to Putin. He's trying to engage him. He's not the first President to try. I agree he's an enemy. Don't know how President Trump has been used to destabilize this country. Unless you actually believe the whole "collusion", "Russians Got Trump Elected" foolishness.

And, again, I feel that you, and almost all on the left, are exhibiting irrational disdain concerning Trump. I realize he's far from being a choirboy. And I sure as hell wouldn't want my sister to be married to him. But the reaction of the left, IMHO, has been hysterically irrational from the moment he shocked the world by winning in 2016. And yes, I do find people running around screaming "the sky is falling", when it isn't, as being funny. Often pathetic. But mostly, funny.

The Trump Derangement Syndrome comment, which I didn't invent, seems as accurate as anything else. I do see where it wasn't the best way to jump in to the thread, but I also see it as an accurate description of a majority on the left. One of things I am concerned about moving forward, after reading, and re-reading rule #12 during my 2 day time out, is how close to impossible it will be for me avoid violating the rule. The very first line is...

"Do not post comments that are fundamentally inflammatory, or of little substantive content, or of some broadly insulting nature that serve primarily to incite your fellow members."

The problem is, in my view, there is nothing anyone can say, that even remotely seems to be positive about President Trump, that won't be considered inflammatory, broadly insulting, and inciting to the left. They seem to be angry at everything. They preach tolerance, but seem to possess none. Anyone that doesn't hate Trump enough is ganged up on, and insulted as if they smacked somebody's momma. That's fine. I'm a big boy. Sticks and stones, and all. 

I've seen a lot of otherwise rational people, everywhere, who appear to have lost their mind over Trump winning. 

of course you'r not sure how he bowed to Putin.

And of course you didn't "invent' the term "trump derangement syndrome"...  no ****. You REPEAT it. Everything you've said is just repeating the points that the propaganda drills into your head. Everything. The fact you 'do see' that calling everyone deranged is  'not the best way o jump in"  and yet that is how you did with the customary and oh-so-common sneering laughter shows you for who you are and for what you believe, and who you listen to exclusively.. you pulled up the insult du-jour among the brainwashed and tossed it right out there. ha ha ha. What it showed about you is much more than you think. 

You don't see the problem. You are completely unable to see the problem, and you are totally unable to understand the problem. You refuse truth, you refuse evidence, you refuse to see that there is a problem beyond 'everyone losing their minds".

That makes you the problem.

I'm not on the left. Neither are many of the other people who see what you can't. Who understand what you don't.

Crying about tolerance. Here's what i say to you and all like you. the people you follow have spent a long time treating fellow Americans like enemies. As insulting and belittling and ignorantly as you could. 

Well you've generated pure and righteous hate in them and many of us who see you for what you are.  ( And in yourself, even if you don't realize it, your propagandists are smarter than you. they know what they've molded in you even if you don't. ) 

So don't cry about it and pretend to think that there is any civility left in the debate. There isn't, and the only reason you notice it now is the lack of civility is coming back to you instead of the deluge of insulting garbage that you and your fellows have spewed for years. 

Don't throw up your hands wondering why people straight up hate what you support.  Your leaders and your fellows and you burned out civility long ago, and now it's coming back on you. Acting like you don't know how we got here is pathetic, and once again, completely consistent with the exact words every single one of you repeat after the propaganda tells you what to say. 

You repeat the propaganda like it's clever, like it's true and don't understand why people don't believe it as you do. Why people keep insisting that these are lies (and then proceed to prove them lies, only to your increasing denial and idiotic laughter.)

You don't see what you are. Chumps never realize they are chumps until it's too late, if ever.

~Bang

Sometimes, though, the media does make it easy to think “people” are loosing their minds.... As soon as the gdp numbers were released CNN had a whole crew of talking heads saying it was probably just a blip, doesn’t mean anything, the presidents polices can only bring economic downfall, ect.

Although I agree it is the media’s job to create accountability, I think Trumps constant attack’s have made them shift from providing accountability to providing a constant counter argument to everything he does...

It’s tells you something about the state of the democratic party when the loudest opposition to trumps voice is the media. And mostly they are being fair, but seriously, where is the democratic leadership?

2 hours ago, Ax said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Projection

From The Urban Dictionary: Projection

Projection (Psychological)

Are you really using Urban Dictionary as your source?  That may have been the dumbest thing you have ever posted (and you have set that bar pretty damn high).

Here is a source for you to get some quality military news.

https://www.duffelblog.com

Oh and there is this gem.  Here is how Urban Dictionary (your source) defines Ax:

ax
How ignorant uneducated people say ask.

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Sometimes, though, the media does make it easy to think “people” are loosing their minds.... As soon as the gdp numbers were released CNN had a whole crew of talking heads saying it was probably just a blip, doesn’t mean anything, the presidents polices can only bring economic downfall, ect.

Although I agree it is the media’s job to create accountability, I think Trumps constant attack’s have made them shift from providing accountability to providing a constant counter argument to everything he does...

It’s tells you something about the state of the democratic party when the loudest opposition to trumps voice is the media. And mostly they are being fair, but seriously, where is the democratic leadership?

What you see as counter arguments is just reporting. If the President is lying all the time then the truth ends up sounding like a counter argument. Can't speak to the CNN panel you're referencing but these GDP numbers have to be viewed with the context of looming tariffs.

I'll agree with you and say the media should be getting more Democratic voices.

36 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I agree that CNN tends to be overly obsessed with Trump, but a lot of the coverage I saw on there Friday morning featured Christine Roman (their chief econ expert) and I thought she provided a balanced look, often saying that the 4.1 was a good number and pointing to the positive aspects, with business investments and consumer spending being up by healthy amounts, while also saying that the number may have been goosed a bit by the substantial increase in soybean exports ahead of the tariffs. Stephen Moore, once of Trump's econ advisors during the campaign, was also on there and was pretty much in agreement with what she was saying.

I don't agree with people who make the excuse to find an excuse to nitpick Trump's every utterance and every move. On the other hand, supporters have to realize that politics is personal, and Trump's continual "me me me me me" trolling show is a big turn off to a lot of people. When one's support for Trump just boils down to "owning the libs, "  I don't think one has much of an argument at all. 

<sigh>

Ok, I sat here and tried, really TRIED, not to join in because I didn't think it would do much good and I tend to take a shortcut right to ****ty lately, but..........

Ax? Don't know ya, don't believe I've ever engaged with you here so I will try to color between the lines.

You've gone on quite a bit echoing the exact same phrases we've heard from rightwing media organs word for word. You claim not to follow them but you seem to have absorbed their rhetoric precisely, maybe by osmosis? Hell, I don't know, so I won't address that.

Here's my question to you, if you are so defiantly vehement about the untrustworthiness of any and all news/media outlets and give them zero credit in forming your own spectacularly prescient opinions on things, can you explain to me exactly how you process the very words spoken by your guys themselves, disregarding any analysis or slant by anyone else, just what they themselves say? Because doing that and that alone will still lead you to see that they are lying and not in any way working for the country. There is a clear and consistent agenda at work, based strictly on their own words and actions that is wildly at odds with the things you state here. There is documented fact and historical record that is clearly different from what you claim.

How exactly do you reconcile that disconnect? I'm curious, honestly, I do not understand how that happens (and that is specifically a comment on me and my understanding, nothing more).

(PS: Please dismiss me as some squishy soft lefty liberal, that **** always makes my day. I am about two and a half feet left of the Waffen SS and ROFLMAO whenever someone tries to paint me as some skinny jean Antifa mumbler).

1 hour ago, Bang said:

of course you'r not sure how he bowed to Putin.

And of course you didn't "invent' the term "trump derangement syndrome"...  no ****. You REPEAT it. Everything you've said is just repeating the points that the propaganda drills into your head. Everything. The fact you 'do see' that calling everyone deranged is  'not the best way o jump in"  and yet that is how you did with the customary and oh-so-common sneering laughter shows you for who you are and for what you believe, and who you listen to exclusively.. you pulled up the insult du-jour among the brainwashed and tossed it right out there. ha ha ha. What it showed about you is much more than you think. 

You don't see the problem. You are completely unable to see the problem, and you are totally unable to understand the problem. You refuse truth, you refuse evidence, you refuse to see that there is a problem beyond 'everyone losing their minds".

That makes you the problem.

I'm not on the left. Neither are many of the other people who see what you can't. Who understand what you don't.

Crying about tolerance. Here's what i say to you and all like you. the people you follow have spent a long time treating fellow Americans like enemies. As insulting and belittling and ignorantly as you could. 

Well you've generated pure and righteous hate in them and many of us who see you for what you are.  ( And in yourself, even if you don't realize it, your propagandists are smarter than you. they know what they've molded in you even if you don't. ) 

So don't cry about it and pretend to think that there is any civility left in the debate. There isn't, and the only reason you notice it now is the lack of civility is coming back to you instead of the deluge of insulting garbage that you and your fellows have spewed for years. 

Don't throw up your hands wondering why people straight up hate what you support.  Your leaders and your fellows and you burned out civility long ago, and now it's coming back on you. Acting like you don't know how we got here is pathetic, and once again, completely consistent with the exact words every single one of you repeat after the propaganda tells you what to say. 

You repeat the propaganda like it's clever, like it's true and don't understand why people don't believe it as you do. Why people keep insisting that these are lies (and then proceed to prove them lies, only to your increasing denial and idiotic laughter.)

You don't see what you are. Chumps never realize they are chumps until it's too late, if ever.

~Bang

I’d just like to add one thing to what @Bang has written....as a former registered Republican this is EXACTLY how I feel. I left that party in 2004 because I saw the party going more extreme to the Right with the Tea Party and that was not me. I registered as an Independent sometime thereafter. I remember the steady diet of Faux News I used to consume now I seee it for what it truly is, the propaganda wing of the GOP and more recently Trump. I remember thry used to hide behind their “Fair & Balanced” which simply meant they’d have a Democrat on there for everyone to scream at. It literally is the 24 Hour news network of the Rightwing’s “The View”. I’ve watched for more than a decade as they stoked the fears, anxiety and latent racism within the white Evangelicals to the point that now they genuinely believe that Obama promoted a rise in racism. 

Now they’ve weaponized their viewers with a level of anger that we’ve not seen before, genuinely sincere people have allowed themselves to ignore the information right before them and choose to embrace a lie that says ANY criticism of Trump just proves how deranged the critic is. I’ve said it before, I refuse to engage seriously with these people until such a time as they can at least admit the facts in front of them. Until then all we’re doing is playing in their horse**** trying to unravel the lies they’re telling before they move on to the next lie they’ve been told. It’s not my job to re-educate these people. Part of my job now is to remind them of what shame, scorn and derision is because I will NOT take them seriously, I will NOT pretend that their bull**** has any basis in reality. 

They will call me a liberal, but that is only because they’ve been taught that anything that criticizes the GOP/Faux News/Trumpnis liberal and evil. And that only further demonstrates how truly uneducated and ignorant they insist on being. 

When this is all over and behind us THEY will be the ones who whisper at parties “I never really supported Trump” and we’ll all know it’s  a lie.

Come to think of it, I'm going to start building a questionnaire that will have to be answered by any Trump supporter before I am willing to engage with them on any level other than just laughing and mocking them. After all I want to leave open the possibility of fruitful exchange no matter how small that possibility may be, BUT they will need to demonstrate a full acceptance of various facts on the ground before any engagement will be worth pursuing, because I'm simply not interested in trying to convince people that the Russians interfered with our election and that they worked to get Donald Trump elected.

What questions would you all add to the list?

Archived