Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Once again, Trump seems to be killing the stock market. I wonder if this is part of a market manipulation scheme. Does he line up his shorts just before he speaks and then once the orders are in starts bloviating about Iran or North Korea?

49 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So wait....these dudes are killing people cause they can't get any ****? 

I dont even know where to ****ing start with this ****. 

Not going to link to it, but anyone interested in these deranged ****s should go to the subreddit /r/braincels. 

Prepare to lose all hope in humanity.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Once again, Trump seems to be killing the stock market. I wonder if this is part of a market manipulation scheme. Does he line up his shorts just before he speaks and then once the orders are in starts bloviating about Iran or North Korea?

This is why we require elected officials and appointed officials to submit full financial disclosure forms. Plus past presidents and presidential candidates released their taxes so we could see if there were conflicts of interest. 

Since Trump lies constantly, I have no confidence in his financial forms.

He's making as much money as he can as fast as he can.

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Best fake stand during the Trump era is definitely Ted Cruz. What a sad person. Zero chance he has any self-esteem left.

It's so hard to choose!

This whole thing - the administration itself and the current zeitgeist - would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't actually happening. I've said it before but it's just now kinda hitting me. 

Does anyone else feel that way? Have I lost my mind completely (I mean, I'm at least half-way there and have the doctor's note to prove it)? Like, I don't read the news daily anymore for my mental welfare but today I got caught up today and just had this moment of (possible) clarity where I realized if I consumed this as a work of fiction, I would be doubled over laughing. This should be some kind of Christopher Guest film or a TV mockumentary like "The Office" that takes relatively mundane situations but makes it just bizarre enough to make them entertaining. At most, it should be some Kaufman-esque bit that may have gone a little too far. 

This should either be an artistic milestone or grounds to commit an overworked satirist to mental health facility. 

This should be fiction. But it's not. This is actually happening. 

And I'm like "well, now what the hell am I supposed to do?" As a writer, I'm bereft of ideas because reality, especially this administration, has either taken them or made something way more ridiculous than I could ever hope to think of. And hey, maybe that's on me. Maybe I was a hack all along and didn't have the imagination to think of any of this. I'm sorry if this isn't helpful to the thread. I can't really comment on anything specifically related to the administration because it feels like one, big blur of crypto-fascist incompetence and dwelling too much on it makes my brain hurt. 

I just wanted to see if I was the only one that would find all this absolutely hilarious if it were a piece of fiction. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/politics/pompeo-harry-harris-south-korea-ambassador/index.html

Adm. Harry Harris, the top US military official overseeing operations across Asia who had been tapped as ambassador to Australia, is likely to be named instead as US ambassador to South Korea, according to two sources with knowledge of the matter.

Moving Harris, who currently serves as commander of US Pacific Command, was Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo's idea, ahead of potential talks between President Donald Trump and North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un, the sources said.

One source told CNN that Pompeo has proposed the switch pending Trump's blessing.

Harris' confirmation hearing to be ambassador to Australia was scheduled for Tuesday but was postponed.

"At the request of the administration, the hearing has been postponed until early May," said Micah Johnson, a spokeswoman for Senate Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Corker.

Didn't realize this potential ambassador was a high up military guy.   Kind of an interesting shift of responsibilities.   At least he's fairly knowledgeable about Asia though, I assume.  

Archived