Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

From the Washington Post op-ed page today, by George T. Conway III:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/05/presidents-inhumanity-is-deeper-than-we-knew/

Trump’s Soulless Nature Has Done the Nation Incalculable Harm

Just as crises can provide a test of anyone’s character, they do so especially with presidents. We stand burdened with watching a president fail his test, in cataclysmic fashion, and with the nation suffering the consequences.

Until three brief months ago, President Trump never faced a serious crisis, at least one not of his own making. But now he has faced two, and is failing two, in short order: the covid-19 pandemic, with its concomitant economic devastation; and now social unrest, and rioting, stemming from the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.

Lacking in humanity, Trump has had no idea how to handle either one.

So much of Trump’s inaptness and ineptness in these and other matters stems from his exceptional narcissism, and the empathic deficit that attends it. Few who have considered it would today doubt, as Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) so perceptively put it in 2016, that Trump was “a narcissist at a level I don’t think this country has ever seen.”

But it’s more than just narcissism that drives this failing, flailing president. However difficult they can be, even extreme narcissists can have consciences. ...Trump’s behavior is conscienceless, showing utter disregard for the safety of others, consistent irresponsibility, callousness, cynicism and disrespect of other human beings. Contempt for truth and honesty, and for norms, rules and laws. A complete inability to feel remorse, or guilt. As a New Yorker profile of Trump put it nearly a quarter-century ago, Trump lives “an existence unmolested by the rumbling of a soul.”

Complete essay here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/05/presidents-inhumanity-is-deeper-than-we-knew/

@Dan T., might wanna quote a smaller block of that editorial.  (I said, after reading the whole thing you posted.)  

If there's a hard and fast rule, I haven't seen it.  But I've noticed that in the Breaking News forum, there seems to be a "quote the first three paragraphs" rule.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

@Dan T., might wanna quote a smaller block of that editorial.  (I said, after reading the whole thing you posted.)  

If there's a hard and fast rule, I haven't seen it.  But I've noticed that in the Breaking News forum, there seems to be a "quote the first three paragraphs" rule.  

47 minutes ago, PCS said:

Rule 10. Ahem. 

Trimmed down more of the op-ed... thanks.

BTW, I would love to hear a response from George's wife on her husband's op-ed.

16 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

In regard to the essay by Kellyanne's husband, co-workers have been musing about why Trump doesn't give a speech calling for unity at this time of the protests, virus, etc.

The answer is that he is simply incapable of doing so. 

Yeah, it's unfortunate that he's programmed to be on fight mode 24/7.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we forget just how insanely unpopular W was, but Republicans back then were smart enough to jump off a sinking ship.

The Trump Cult will go down with the boat and will go down singing "death to the libtards" with it.

A little bit of me thinks that his connection to the Enquirer & whatnot comes into play. He can still have dirty laundry on probably everyone in both chambers, they all have shady dealings. They know it, even the dems are P's because he's got stuff on them too. 

Seriously, how in the world could this have gone on for 4 years??? The man is clinically "unstable" at best...and has proven it without an exam, even @Jumbo would agree to that basic diagnosis. 

I better shut up. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we forget just how insanely unpopular W was, but Republicans back then were smart enough to jump off a sinking ship.

No they didn't.  

After he won reelection, and couldn't run again, then suddenly he became the person who was responsible for every single policy that the GOP had stood for, and now that he's gone, we should be put back in power, and we won't do exactly the same things we did when W was in power, we promise, that's not us, that was all on him.  

16 hours ago, visionary said:
Ivanka rejected by Wichita State Tech  - Matt Gaetz whining.

I fixed Eddie Scarry's book title (the clown Matt G retweeted): Privileged Victims: How America's Right Wing Fascists Hijacked the Country and Elevated Its Worst People

Archived