Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

No. You didn't. 

Good God man did you not even bother reading what I posted yesterday. It's like you guys have a brain dump the minute you finish reading that journal (But maybe you didn't bother reading it at all).

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Good God man did you not even bother reading what I posted yesterday. It's like you guys have a brain dump the minute you finish reading that journal (But maybe you didn't bother reading it at all).

You're right, everyone is wrong but you. 

1 hour ago, twa said:

and if they simply worked around your meager forces?

1)  I'm pretty sure that "My meager forces" are hundreds of Green Berets, and the indigenous forces who they have spend years leading and training, in combat, in a so far successful campaign against a guerrilla terrorist force, which the regular armies nominally in charge of the area had already lost to.  And who are defending their homes, and their civilians.  

Not an expert on the situation, but I suspect that an enemy who's plan if "just go around them, and attack their homes and children" might be . . . a tactical mistake.  One which, given they've been fighting ISIS, they might even have seen before.  

2)  And I also believe that if someone decides to conduct a military invasion of territory currently occupied by US troops, I can get them support, pretty quickly.  And if someone thinks that I haven't proven that, recently enough, then I thank him for volunteering to be the OPFOR in the next demonstration.  

So you would go on offense rather than simply remaining in place and expect air support and reinforcements?

You would be operating outside of the AUMF and mission statement.....does it matter?

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Good God man did you not even bother reading what I posted yesterday

Yes, I did.  

You posted a piece which claims that Barack Obama withdrew troops from a war which he campaigned on withdrawing troops from, through the clever tactic of establishing the impossible demands of "if you want me to keep troops there, then it has to be under the same terms they had, the first time".  Terms which your article claims were impossible to achieve.  (And I agree, given that we had no negotiating position from which to get them.)  

And are now claiming that you have proven that Obama ordered US troops to cut and run from the battlefield, because another government told us to get out of the way, because they want to kill a bunch of civilians they want to get rid of, and they're coming in whether we're there or not.  

12 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Question did you read what I posted. Seriously did you read it?

No. I don't trust your source. Smallworldjournals is not something I have ever heard of previously. I even looked them up with a quick google to see if I could find anything but I didn't. I admittedly didn't look long. If you can find me a source I can consider trustworthy saying the same thing, then I will read it. Or, if you cant, then give me the information re: sourcing and I will look into it. 

I don't even read stuff that I think is sourced with nonsense. On the internet in 2019 you have to be vigilant about this stuff. Also the second time you posted it caused my eyes to roll so far back into my head reading was impossible lol

Sorry. I sorta feel like thats not a fair response, but thats what happened. Also, we were told to take anything else in relation to that in that thread I haven't opened yet (hint) 

33 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No. I don't trust your source. Smallworldjournals is not something I have ever heard of previously. I even looked them up with a quick google to see if I could find anything but I didn't. I admittedly didn't look long. If you can find me a source I can consider trustworthy saying the same thing, then I will read it. Or, if you cant, then give me the information re: sourcing and I will look into it. 

I don't even read stuff that I think is sourced with nonsense. On the internet in 2019 you have to be vigilant about this stuff. Also the second time you posted it caused my eyes to roll so far back into my head reading was impossible lol

Sorry. I sorta feel like thats not a fair response, but thats what happened. Also, we were told to take anything else in relation to that in that thread I haven't opened yet (hint) 

It's Smallwarsjournal. It is an academic historical publication. Non Political. Read what I posted it quite illuminating.

From Wiki

"The Small Wars Journal (SWJ) is an online magazine focusing on intrastate conflict. Aside from its online magazine, SWJ hosts an accompanying blog and the Small Wars Council discussion board.[1] Other site features include an online reference library, recommended reading and event listings. The magazine is published by the Small Wars Foundation, a non-profit corporation."

And I took the hint and reposted it in that other thread if you want to comment. 

8 hours ago, twa said:

ethnic cleansing can happen w/o genocide....which is why the two terms exist.

I'm sure the UN will send Turkey a strongly worded note either way.

I usually stay in my lane where you're concerned, boardmate. Your political leanings are yours and should not ALWAYS be a target on your back around here... but defending ethnic cleansing en route to defending your prez or your party is just about the lowest I've seen you go. Let's take a thoughtful pause before kneejerking a response every now and then.  🙂

Just now, Llevron said:

well thats why I couldnt find it lol. Aiight ill read it tonight. fair is fair 

BTW I just checked out their forums I think the subjects/threads listed may surprise you and ease any concern about the leanings of this site.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/erdogans-clean-sweep-11571872754

Erdogan’s Clean Sweep

Turkey gets what it wants in Syria, and Trump lifts sanctions.

By The Editorial Board
Oct. 23, 2019 7:19 pm ET

President Trump on Wednesday announced what he called a “great outcome” in Syria, and he’s right if he’s referring to the interests of Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russia’s Vladimir Putin. In return for agreeing to consolidate their territorial and strategic gains, Mr. Trump is withdrawing American forces and lifting the sanctions against Turkey he imposed only a few days ago.

From the WSJ Editorial Board.

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I usually stay in my lane where you're concerned, boardmate. Your political leanings are yours and should not ALWAYS be a target on your back around here... but defending ethnic cleansing en route to defending your prez or your party is just about the lowest I've seen you go. Let's take a thoughtful pause before kneejerking a response every now and then.  🙂

I'm not kneejerking, it is his choice.......and I am not seeing support for doing anything from ya'll but jawing about it.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

He's right; it's still a false premise. You really think Turkey would risk an armed conflict with the USA (or even a cold/economic conflict) by trying to sneak around attacking Kurdish outposts and hoping that we either don't notice or don't care? And REALLY hoping that they don't accidentally kill any of our troops? There's a reason that Turkey waited until we jumped ship to do any sort of offensive operations. Regardless of how "small" our forces there were, the mere fact that they were there was a deterrent. Now the only people Turkey has to ask for permission is Russia and Syria. No way that could ever go badly for the Kurds. 

Im not even sure that the Fat Orange Blob would do anything if Turkey had gotten aggressive with US troops. I could see him saying something along the lines of "We shouldn't have been there in the first place" or "What, you think we're so innocent?"

The FOB is Erdogans little **** at this point. As long as he is in office, there are no "norms" any more.

Archived