Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

18 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Do people realize he just called the constitution phony?

During the W administration, Doonsberry ran a theme for a while, asserting that the Vice President is Commander in Chief of the fourth branch of government - The Black Branch.  (It's in the classified part of the Constitution.)  

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, twa said:

one minor difference between Saigon and this is we are not at war with Turkey and are in fact allies.

I don't think the definition of "ally" is "they gave us 24 hours notice to get out of their way, before they invaded the territory we were occupying."  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Larry said:

I don't think the definition of "ally" is "they gave us 24 hours notice to get out of their way, before they invaded the territory we were occupying."  

we are liberators, not occupiers.....plus it is difficult w/o manpower.

talks on the buffer zone have been going on for yrs btw

27 minutes ago, visionary said:

Also that seems worse.

Allies?

Nato seems of a different opinion.....see my earlier link on NATO leadership hugging Edrogans nuts.

If ya'll can rally support for fighting Turkey,Iraq and Iran I'm game though.

Edited by twa
nato not un ya drunk
17 minutes ago, twa said:

we are liberators, not occupiers.....plus it is difficult w/o manpower.

We had enough manpower to take it.  (Which I believe usually takes more men than holding it.)  

But when ordered to do so, we stood aside and said "here, kill this guy next to me.  Oh, and can you hold off a day or two, so I can grab some of my stuff before I leave him for you to kill?  I'll agree to whatever you tell me, if I can just make my surrender a little more photogenic."  

(And I seem to remember that Obama was a traitor to his country, because he didn't occupy the country we invaded.)  

22 minutes ago, twa said:

talks on the buffer zone have been going on for yrs btw

Oh, that makes the ethnic cleansing OK, then.  The fact that Turkey had wanted it for a long time.  

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Larry said:

where did you get 24 hrs If I may ask?

Just now, twa said:

where did you get 24 hrs If I may ask?

Sure seems like that was about the time span from Trump's tweet announcing our surrender, to Turkey's invasion.  

And it sure seems like our troop commanders learned about our surrender from Trump's tweet.  

Now, if you want to argue that Turkey gave us longer notice, and Trump just didn't tell anybody (including our commanders) until 24 hours prior, I'd have trouble believing Trump could keep a secret that well, but I'll let you try to argue it.  

2 minutes ago, twa said:

1)  Announced "withdrawal"?  I thought the first cover story was that we were moving our forces to alternate locations (so they wouldn't be in the invading army's way).  

2)  But in any case.  If you want to say they gave us three days notice instead of one, feel free.  

52 minutes ago, Larry said:

We had enough manpower to take it.  (Which I believe usually takes more men than holding it.)  

I'd disagree.  A lot of bombing and such can clear out a way for you to take an area.  Holding an area limits how much bombing you can do.  Plus all the support services that are needed for the people holding an area PLUS the people taking another area.  

A lot goes into it but I'd say holding an area takes more people than taking it.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At this point, I hope the Republican party becomes like the Whigs, obsolete and irrelevant.

Yep, there are plenty of conservative Democrats to take their place. And we DO need some version of "whoa, Nellie" sometimes. B)

• Like 1

This reminds me of the Redskins thing. Seriously no one cares that the most overtly racist president to ever hold office in this country the word lynching. I dont even care if republicans take issue with it. We already know he doesn't like blacks and that the rest of them profit off of keeping us back in one form or another. Who cares if he said one word that to me is more representative of southern whites than it is of blacks. 

From October 7, call was October 6:

WASHINGTON — American forces in northeastern Syria received an urgent, unexpected alert early Monday morning to pull back from their posts.

"We're departing the field," the messages said, according to current and former senior U.S. defense officials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/chaos-syria-washington-after-trump-call-erdogan-unleashed-turkish-military-n1063516

• Sad 1