Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

44 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Any woman that would vote for/back that misogynist, must have zero self-worth.

Think for a moment on all of the things that one is required to repeat, on a daily basis, in order to be a member of Team R.  And then ask yourself:  

Does any Republican have any self worth?

I'm really not sure how much more openly corrupt this WH can be. By doing this stuff so brazenly and then turning around and telling Congress that they're not allowed to investigate it and they'll block any attempt to, they're essentially saying "We're absolutely 100% corrupt and doing illegal **** and we're not going to stop". 

I read an article in my local paper today that Nadler is has started actual impeachment inquiry hearings and the White House is instructing former WH aides to defy subpoenas and not show up.  I am not sure how an argument can be made that this is ok, especially if these are actual impeachment hearings.  What is the argument to be made that a throughout investigation can be done.  To no one's surprise if this impeachment stuff starts going somewhere, the Supreme Court is likely going to have to get involved as far as the law goes when it comes to the President's authority to just tell people they have "special immunity" to just defy subpoenas.

Also, how do people not find it an impeachable offense for Trump to withhold foreign aide from Ukraine as punishment for not trying to help Trump's 2020 campaign by looking into investigating the Biden family?   

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I read an article in my local paper today that Nadler is has started actual impeachment inquiry hearings and the White House is instructing former WH aides to defy subpoenas and not show up.  I am not sure how an argument can be made that this is ok, especially if these are actual impeachment hearings.  What is the argument to be made that a throughout investigation can be done.  To no one's surprise if this impeachment stuff starts going somewhere, the Supreme Court is likely going to have to get involved as far as the law goes when it comes to the President's authority to just tell people they have "special immunity" to just defy subpoenas.

Also, how do people not find it an impeachable offense for Trump to withhold foreign aide from Ukraine as punishment for not trying to help Trump's 2020 campaign by looking into investigating the Biden family?   

I believe that having an investigation be part of an official impeachment inquiry carries a pretty hefty amount of weight compared to non-impeachment related stuff. That being said, SCOTUS is now probably about as right wing as it has ever been in its history so it's possible they might just go along with Trump and say "yeah, you can't force them to comply" in a 5-4 vote. 

At that point for all intents and purposes we'd be living in a semi-dictatorship. Trump could do anything he wanted and even an impeachment wouldn't allow Congress to do investigations. If SCOTUS went that far out of bounds it would also embolden Trump to not only go even further but to believe that if he lost the election he could say it was a fraud and hence invalid and if it were somewhat close SCOTUS might go along with him. As it is currently the lower courts can stop Trump but since SCOTUS is basically a right wing sock puppet now, all that does is delay things. 

As far as impeachable offenses, I think we need to ask what this WH hasn't done that's impeachable, because the list of what they have done is getting longer and longer every day. If Obama had done 1/1000th of the things Trump has he would have been impeached the next day by House Republicans. Maybe even that night. 

Sadly PresidentPAB isn't wrong about the homeless problem here in the Bay Area. Many highway overpasses have homeless tents/camps under them. Caltrans/Police have been overwhelmed with the explosion of these tent cities and do not have the proper safety training and/or safety equipment to deal with them. They also spring up quickly and devastate the area they are on.

That said...none of the highway overpasses are beautiful as the dotard wants to portray. They really have no intrinsic value other than allowing city/county roads and streets to be uninterrupted by interstate/highway traffic. And the homeless there aren't impeding that. It's just a public eyesore and a potential health hazard down the line.

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

That said...none of the highway overpasses are beautiful as the dotard wants to portray. They really have no intrinsic value other than allowing city/county roads and streets to be uninterrupted by interstate/highway traffic. And the homeless there aren't impeding that. It's just a public eyesore and a potential health hazard down the line.

But, . . . those homeless people are existing within sight of their betters.  

Archived