Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

24 minutes ago, visionary said:

Hmmm.  People seem pretty upset from what I've seen today and don't want to go back to smoking cigarettes. 

I think people are just getting sick of being yanked around all the time.  Once again, greed ruined something that could actually be sold at a reasonable profit to responsible adults for legitimate use.   You know, if e-cig manufacturers werent so greedy, they might have had a future as a niche product -- there just had to be some honesty involved somewhere.

E-cigs were billed as a safe alternative to cigarettes, a good way to stop smoking.  It worked for some people, honestly I used e-cigs to help me stop smoking.  Even some physicians debated prescribing them to patients who wanted to stop smoking.  But if that's how it's going to be labeled, then the FDA should be involved.  The FDA is given charge of ensuring proper labeling on all food products, safety of food products, as well as the medical products, biological, drugs, etc  E-cigs didn't fit into any of those categories, so they escaped FDA classification that would have required more stringent testing on the safety of its use. 

E-cig manufacturers could have sponsored one clinical trial, so we could find out in a scientific setting, what exactly is the amount of harm related to vaping.  They might even have identified which chemicals used were linked with increased risk for harm, taken them out of the product, and then been able to sell vaping as an FDA-approved, safer alternative to cigarettes.  Even if vaping was found to have some harmful elements, I suspect that in the end it is still faaaaar less harmful than cigarettes and maybe even the nicotine patches, and the FDA may still have approved its sale as safer alternative to cigarettes and nicotrol.   But, nope, they had to be greedy, lied and claimed something they had no proof on.  Now that's it's not true, they have lost the entire trust of the public and I suspect its only a matter of time before they are banned completely.  

This all seems sort of unbelievable to me, because while I don't smoke I see a lot of people vaping and I've seen a bunch of vaping stores and the like around the last few years.  

Does this effect Hookah as well, because I've been seeing hookah places everywhere for even longer and they seem pretty common too now.

And is this being done anywhere else or just here in the US where tobacco companies have a lot of power?

Hopefully this doesn't result in a lot more people smoking cigarettes.  Ugh.

The problems related to vaping are the various oils added that end up staying in the lungs and corrupting lung tissue to the point of oxygen not being absorbed into the tissue. People are literally suffocated.

These oils and the way they corrupt lung tissue most likely have never been studied/tested.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The problems related to vaping are the various oils added that end up staying in the lungs and corrupting lung tissue to the point of oxygen not being absorbed into the tissue. People are literally suffocated.

These oils and the way they corrupt lung tissue most likely have never been studied/tested.

I saw a lot of people saying it’s black market ingredients that’s mainly linked to the issues.  

Archived