Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

This entire "immigrants are freeloaders" narrative, not only is untrue, but I am wondering if is just setting the foundation for "oh....and so are a lot of Americans too" and that the next step will be going after the ones not "standing by their own two feet"   That will be quite the interesting circumstance considering where the majority of aid and welfare goes in this country,  Still remember Romney's "takers" speech?

18 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Well, **** him then!!

Oh wait...are you willing to use that standard against the current occupant?

What's that? No....oh well then I suppose your integrity is wholly dependent upon the party in power.
Gee who knew?

Funny how one "lie" was enough for @twa to condemn Obama, but he's silent as a shorn sheep with Trump. Can't even get a mild bleat out of him with Trump. Or if he is bleating then the noise is muffled by Trump's ass cheeks.

8 hours ago, Dan T. said:

And count how many times they bring up Obama saying “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor” as a counter argument. When you can quote 50 Trump lies off the top of your head, that’s the only one they can raise from Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

And here, courtesy of twa, is Exhibit A. Notice the all CAPS for emphasis. 

Pitiful. But predictable. 

7 hours ago, twa said:

or you have a marketplace plan....which is what ACA was mainly about.

He LIED

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

This entire "immigrants are freeloaders" narrative, not only is untrue, but I am wondering if is just setting the foundation for "oh....and so are a lot of Americans too" and that the next step will be going after the ones not "standing by their own two feet"   That will be quite the interesting circumstance considering where the majority of aid and welfare goes in this country,  Still remember Romney's "takers" speech?

He won't stop that though. After all, alot of hits voters are on welfare.  

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Funny how one "lie" was enough for @twa to condemn Obama, but he's silent as a shorn sheep with Trump. Can't even get a mild bleat out of him with Trump. Or if he is bleating then the noise is muffled by Trump ass cheeks.

THIS X 100000

22 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Obama follows custom and exchanges bows with Saudi king - Hannity's foxhole goes ballistic.

Trump tries to circumvent laws and sell nuclear tech to Saudis (the most hardcore fundamentalist Islamic country in the world), and it's not a big deal.

That ****er and his brown suit!!!

37 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Lowering credit standards...

This is the space that I work in and I see both sides.  This will help A LOT of young people afford their first home.  For almost all first time homebuyers, even those with really good jobs and excellent credit, it's really hard to scrape together a down payment of even 10%.  I mean, a decent starter condo in DC is $500,000.  Lots of young people can afford the monthly payment, but how long would it take you to save $50,000?  

Of course, my big issue, as is obvious, is that they are doing it NOW, just as the specter of a recession happening in the next 18 months is starting to look increasingly likely.  

The downside to helping people "get into homes" is what happens once they are in there.  I know when we were initially looking to buy I had no idea how we got approved for such a large loan considering our salaries.  We could have gone and pulled the trigger on a nice fancy new home and ended up penny pinching every other aspect of our lives, but we settled on something we could afford "comfortably" so we could still live our lives relatively the same. 

I always tell my peers who are flirting with buying a home that "getting in" is not the hard part.  It is making sure once you are in, you can sustain the expenses and everything else that comes with ownership.

I do see both sides of the issue though because there are plenty of people that could afford the monthly costs, but they don't have the money up front to get in.

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The downside to helping people "get into homes" is what happens once they are in there.  I know when we were initially looking to buy I had no idea how we got approved for such a large loan considering our salaries.  We could have gone and pulled the trigger on a nice fancy new home and ended up penny pinching every other aspect of our lives, but we settled on something we could afford "comfortably" so we could still live our lives relatively the same. 

I always tell my peers who are flirting with buying a home that "getting in" is not the hard part.  It is making sure once you are in, you can sustain the expenses and everything else that comes with ownership.

I do see both sides of the issue though because there are plenty of people that could afford the monthly costs, but they don't have the money up front to get in.

That may be true for you, but I don't think that's the common experience.  For most young professionals that make a decent living (and this generally applies in urban and suburban areas, since we are talking about changes to the downpayment requirements on condos), they can easily figure out a monthly payment that they can afford and stick with that.  The hard part is saving up tens of thousands of dollars of a downpayment and closing costs in any kind of reasonable time frame. 

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That may be true for you, but I don't think that's the common experience.  For most young professionals that make a decent living (and this generally applies in urban and suburban areas, since we are talking about changes to the downpayment requirements on condos), they can easily figure out a monthly payment that they can afford and stick with that.  The hard part is saving up tens of thousands of dollars of a downpayment and closing costs in any kind of reasonable time frame. 

Me and the almost-misses-if-she-acts-right are right here right now. I know exactly how much I can afford. In fact, im paying so much right now in RENT that if nothing else was involved I could be living in a 700k house easy. But the down payment to get the monthlies down to a manageable range would be well north of 40k. And its impossible to save 40k in the next few years paying 30k a year in rent alone. 

We did all the math. Im moving back in with my parents for a year and that will do it. But not everyone can do that. Im lucky. 

Archived