Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awful,bitter taste in my mouth.

Nfcbeasts4721

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

No, reading it is absolutely more irritating, than seeing it pointed out. It's a message board. Everything is via words, spelling and grammar.

Nobody on here is that serious about it being an issue, but when **** like that post shows up, it seems like it was either written by a child, a drunk or a drunk child. It's difficult to read and annoying.

If it were a face to face conversation, you wouldn't speak like mushmouth. You'd want your point expressed correctly.

These Islanders and their ju-ju juice ..... :silly:

12 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

And yes I truthfully and respectfully do my very best to make it enjoyable for the reader and easy as well..so to clear any confusion I do care about how my post look and I triple check them before posting them...haha imagine me on facebook dooohhh lol

Don't sweat it man. It's a message board. Not an academic test. 

It was understandable even if some of it was 'huh?' *Smiles.

Hail. 

I'm laughing my ass off to the above post...here's looking at u coach...and nope no beer...5 triple shot screwdrivers haha..

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Wasn't targetting you in any way, just answering your question and giving my personnal take on the matter of bad typing and grammar and such... Maybe I explained myself poorly :P

Back onto the topic :)

No way did I take it that way, lord knows the amount of help I could use round these parts lol..

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Wouldn't have happened. If Hopkins makes the 34 yard field goal a ref would have called holding. He'd probably pick someone on the bench just to rub salt in and push us back. Hell, we had a defensive holding call on a running play. I'm not sure I've ever seen that. Might be the first time in NFL history that the refs actually flagged a player for holding because he tackled a running back with the ball.

yeah...I Think you're exaggerating a tad.

Plus that holding call, they showed it on replay...he did actually hold. the head scratchers were the OPI call, the no call of helmet to helmet and the no call on the facemask. even the Norman ones I can kinda see if you want to stretch the rule and be a real ass hole about it

4 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Did I hit a home run?..lol...kinda what I was going for...I can't stand reading stuff and seeing horribly missed spelled words...I laugh at who ever wrote it or typed it but I think it's more irritating seeing someone point it out...the person writing/typing it is either going to take the time or not to edit there article...and if they don't they jus don't give a **** what ya think...

You start paying me to edit what you write and we can talk. 

This is not an English exam but making your posts readable and understandable is not a bad thing. But lighten up, I was pulling your leg.

A link to yahoo concerning another game.NFL Refs blew it  of course and the fans reaction from another pov than the Skins. The NFL has a problem with incompetetant officiating and they've had it for decades and still do nothing to try to rectify it. I wonder why. Isn't the "integrity" of the game a battle cry of the NFL despots?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/bruce-arians-says-officials-couldnt-review-wrong-call-because-replay-was-down-231633951.html

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

yeah...I Think you're exaggerating a tad.

Plus that holding call, they showed it on replay...he did actually hold. the head scratchers were the OPI call, the no call of helmet to helmet and the no call on the facemask. even the Norman ones I can kinda see if you want to stretch the rule and be a real ass hole about it

Yeah, couldn't decide if I wanted to go tongue in cheek or totally sincere. There were some attrocious non calls in that game. Not just because they were dangerous calls which could have and in one case did injure a player, but because they were in plain sight of a ref on a player who had the ball so the attention couldn't have been diverted elsewhere.

It was a  horribly one-sided game in terms of calls. Even the London crowd noticed. Eventually, they began to protest... the neutral crowd began cheering the skins because they were clearly the picked on underdog.

5 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

A link to yahoo concerning another game.NFL Refs blew it  of course and the fans reaction from another pov than the Skins. The NFL has a problem with incompetetant officiating and they've had it for decades and still do nothing to try to rectify it. I wonder why. Isn't the "integrity" of the game a battle cry of the NFL despots?

Wow. It's a rule that all turnovers are reviewed, so they broke their own rule by not reviewing that. Seems like the league officials in NY could have stopped that from happening somehow. That's on the heels of the previous week when the Seahawks blocked a kick where it was in question whether a SEA player landed/touched another guy while hurdling (which he did), and the block maybe should not have counted. It was non-reviewable because it was one of those ambiguous judgement calls from the ref. Arians lost a timeout too, for challenging a non-reviewable judgement call. Arians after the game: "I'm sure we'll talk to the league and get some explanation that is all bull ****, like normal." 

31 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You start paying me to edit what you write and we can talk. 

This is not an English exam but making your posts readable and understandable is not a bad thing. But lighten up, I was pulling your leg.

Yeah I know no hard feelings here I didn't take it to heart what you were saying my point was just that apparently some people don't edit what they post and apparently they don't give a crap about what other people think again anything I post I prefer it to be perfect just so it's easier for the reader 

1 hour ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Yeah I know no hard feelings here I didn't take it to heart what you were saying my point was just that apparently some people don't edit what they post and apparently they don't give a crap about what other people think again anything I post I prefer it to be perfect just so it's easier for the reader 

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-i

:ols::rofl89:

On 10/31/2016 at 1:09 PM, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

The game yesterday left a horrible taste in my mouth. I just watched a clip on yesterday's game and I can not believe how horrible the officiating was from the no call to the bungle who laid his helmet on deseans helmet right in front of a ref...and the face mask on crowder when he scored was disgusting..again right in front of a ref.

The refs out right ****ed us yesterday... I see ****ty officiated games and some of them are with the Redskins in it and some are not. I have never been one to blame a loss on ****ty officiating.I don't believe in it.... So yeah the officiating was horrible yesterday we had to fight with the officials we had to fight in the battle with the Bengals just for it to come out in a tie I mean when Hopkins stepped up for the win I just had the biggest sigh of relief that it was finally over and that we beat the officiating team and The Bengals...than he missed...we didn't win we didn't lose...uggghhh such a ****ty taste in my mouth for a long two weeks.

Great teams overcome awful officiating.

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Well if you don't give a **** about trying to write correctly it means two things to me:

- A: you do not care much about others that might read your post. That's some respect you owe to each other around here.

- B: since you didn't take time to reread what you just write and type in an accordingly way, why should I spend time reading what the **** our are trying to say?

I can deal with typos, mistakes, that happen, I probably makes tons of them as well, but at least try to make it understandable to anyone around here. If you don't, if nobody cares, then, there's no point in having this board existing.

You forgot to capitalize after A: B: also reread the last part of your B: sentence. I think, I see a grammar issue there too. :P

As to your earlier response to me, I still feel one has to take the points in the 1st half of the game. But, I am cool with going for it on 4th and inches but you have to do a play that moves the chains forward and not backwards. Personally, I was fine with taking 3 points there. I was expecting them to do so and I would have not minded that they didn't go for it. :) 

5 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

I'm laughing my ass off to the above post...here's looking at u coach...and nope no beer...5 triple shot screwdrivers haha..

No way did I take it that way, lord knows the amount of help I could use round these parts lol..

Jeez, why don't you two get a room already 

I think the two things really messing with me this season are expectations and inconsistency.  

I've mentioned before how last year we saw flashes (or more) from each facet of the team and if they all came together, I thought they could likely compete with any team out there.  We ran very well and the D looked decent early and late in the season, passing game looked very good in the 2nd half, and ST (mostly) played well throughout.  Other times though, they looked terrible.

Expecting consistency was probably not really realistic though.  Among other issues, we had a QB that wasn't the starter in TC, a rookie on the oline, new starter at RT, and injury to the center, LG and most/all of our TEs.  On D - new DC, constant changes (and talent issues) at ILB and S, and somewhat questionable talent at Dline, OLB and corner.

Anyhow, that's all rehashing the past - we all know what happened.  This year though, I honestly thought we were the clear favorites to win the division.  Our opponents all had glaring issues, while our pass rush, qb, WRs, corners, TEs, and ST were all expected to be quite good.  Sure, we had some questions about safety, ILB, dline, oline and RB... but their was reason for varying degrees of optimism regarding each one.

Now the good news is that there are hardly any positions that are glaring weaknesses on the team.  In fact, we've seen some really good play from just about every unit/position.  Unfortunately, we've seen wide performance swings virtually across the board... and that includes things like tackling, turnovers, redzone performance, penalties, clock management, playcalling, etc.  It's made this season a mad rollercoaster of emotion and it's become virtually impossible to guess what level of play we can expect week to week.

Long story short, we've essentially seen potential for greatness in this team, and that makes the results that much more painful.  If this team ever does figure out the consistency thing... I think it'll all be worth it.  Until then though, I think it's time I lower my expectations to help ease the pain.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:20 PM, Burgold said:

It was a  horribly one-sided game in terms of calls. Even the London crowd noticed. Eventually, they began to protest... the neutral crowd began cheering the skins because they were clearly the picked on underdog.

I noticed this myself. There was one point near the end of full-time (I think it was) where they called a penalty against the Bengals and everyone cheered. I know you don't always get irony in the States ;) but that was a classic.

Archived