Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awful,bitter taste in my mouth.

Nfcbeasts4721

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Breeland tweet that or something?

Stop it off right now..that's hilarious!

5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We should have had another shot at a FG but the ref's took that chance away due to the horrendous offensive interference call on Garcon. 

Yeah see and I completely forgot about that call...good lord man

Defense is the reason for the loss..If they could hold a team below 21 points our record would be alot better,but they cant due to coaching and crap talent at DL and ILB spots...

One thing that i notice about this Defense compared to other teams is how slow they look..

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You pick the ball up with over a minute left, on their 47, with two time outs. Yeah, the PI penalty moves you back. But why not run it from the off? Even if you don't get the first, you're still leaving Hopkins with the chance. To then run 16 and 28 seconds off the clock on 2nd and third down, all for 1 and 8 yard short passes ..... Come on man. We bungled that massively whichever way you cut it and settled for the tie over going for the win. 

Hail. 

So are you unhappy with the play calling or the clock management, 3 passes that netted us 9 yards were the killer, at that point its 4th and 19 with 30 seconds remaining, I just don't get how the clock was mismanaged, you can't call that timeout with 30 seconds remaining and a 4th and 19 when your at midfield.

• 1st and 10 at CIN 47

(1:02 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short left to P.Garcon to CIN 33 for 14 yards (A.Jones; S.Williams). PENALTY on WAS-P.Garcon, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 47 - No Play

• 1st and 20 at WSH 43

(0:54 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep left to J.Crowder

• 2nd and 20 at WSH 43

(0:46 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to J.Crowder to WAS 44 for 1 yard (D.Dennard). CIN-V.Burfict was injured during the play

•  

(0:30 - OT) Timeout #1 by WAS at 00:30.

• 3rd and 19 at WSH 44

(0:30 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to J.Reed to CIN 48 for 8 yards (V.Rey) [C.Dunlap]

•  

(0:02 - OT) Timeout #2 by WAS at 00:02.

• 4th and 11 at CIN 48

(0:02 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep left to P.Garcon [G.Atkins]

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That and settling for the tie after the Dalton fumble. Never understand the reasoning that lead to that bungled last minute. 

Hail. 

I believe that PI pissed our coaching staff enough to make them think that refs are not gonna allow Hopkins a second try.

Still, I agree, that was embarassing. Clearly McVay doesn't know how to play that kind of situational football.

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

When you know the refs are inconsistent and bad which we all knew from the end of the first half or sooner, then you know that you take the game out of their hands. We shouldn't have needed that second chance...hell, we shouldn't have even needed overtime if the defense could have stopped their offense.

I agree on the overall statement, that's how it should be done by the players and the coaching staff. But let's be fair, we all know that we aren't good enough to be that kind of team right now. And honestly, few teams are able to do this.

See, I'm mad on the facemask against Crowder, not because it's a 15 yard penalty added to the ongoing KO, it would result in another Touchback (or Jay Gruden plays gutsy football and use the penalty to make an onside kick!) - Damn I'm really a tricky guy at calling plays... Should I sent my resume to Jay and take over play calling duty? - More because it's a personnal foul, and 2 means ejection nowadays. So, if that happens, the opposing player won't be as relentless as he used to, because, being ejected is dumb (and we've witnessed how the Bengals secondary can be dumb). That's an important part of the game that I believe coaches aren't taking much into the process of the game.

Yeah, we have to be able to overcome it, but we just aren't there yet. Sometimes it takes a full team to overcome it, and sometimes even that is not enough.

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

I don't get this, the Garcon penalty is what cost us a chance at a FG,

But Garcon was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage when the contact was made.  Look at it again.  Contact is allowed in the 5 yard range if the ball is not in the air. If the ball was in the air, it had just left Kirk's hand.  That should not have been a penalty.  We would have had a 1st down around the 45.  We had time and momentum if the ref doesn't make that bad call. 

11 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

But Garcon was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage when the contact was made.  Look at it again.  Contact is allowed in the 5 yard range if the ball is not in the air. If the ball was in the air, it had just left Kirk's hand.  That should not have been a penalty.  We would have had a 1st down around the 45.  We had time and momentum if the ref doesn't make that bad call. 

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone here is arguing that was a legit penalty.  I think he's confused just like I am about people thinking they played for the tie after that point.  I didn't see it that way but whatever.  The penalty that was called put them in a really bad spot and I figured it would be borderline miraculous at that point to salvage the drive.

54 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I get that, I wasn't saying it was a good call, I was only saying that was what killed our opportunity at another FG try.

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You pick the ball up with over a minute left, on their 47, with two time outs. Yeah, the PI penalty moves you back. But why not run it from the off? Even if you don't get the first, you're still leaving Hopkins with the chance. To then run 16 and 28 seconds off the clock on 2nd and third down, all for 1 and 8 yard short passes ..... Come on man. We bungled that massively whichever way you cut it and settled for the tie over going for the win. 

Hail. 

A LOT of assumptions and Monday morning QBing here......

The OPI killed the drive, that's it, it wasn't a penalty and we got screwed by Ref #88.  

3 hours ago, bh32 said:

Defense is the reason for the loss..If they could hold a team below 21 points our record would be alot better,but they cant due to coaching and crap talent at DL and ILB spots...

One thing that i notice about this Defense compared to other teams is how slow they look..

Sure if our D was shutting down every opponents to 0 we would win every game. Our D played a good game against Cincy, and stood up when they had to. Especially in OT where they got a fumble recovery on a QB sneak, or an INT late in the game. Both by Compton, and Lanier for the FR. You cannot discard the pressure and heat Joe Barry displayed on the Bengals at the end of regulation, which was night and day compared to the end of Detroit.

The guy got embarassed by few players after Detroit and responded massively.

Are they perfect? no, but they did not fail in any way against the Bengals. If not for another hasardous penalty on Dunbar, they would have mostly hold their own and force a FG for the Bengals late in the game (if not for the penalty, it would have been 3rd and goal instead of 1st and goal on the 1 yard line).

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

That's standard NFL Rules, not the Rules the Redskins are playing with. We should all know that by now.

6 hours ago, RonBurgandy said:

So after having 24hrs to cool off here's what I have to say about the game (if it even matters) 

First, Hopkins is still ine of the BEST kickers Washington has had in a very, very long time. Not blaming him.

Josh Norman is underrated, even with all the hype. He did what he had to do to shut down one of the top 3 WR in the game. He needs to work on his hands tho. But he still did what he had to do considerig the concusiion and the hand injury. 

Cousins. Oh boy, do I need to start eating some crow for Cousins. If he keeps up the confidence and playstyle he recently found as of late for the rest of the season, then he'll find himself a nice shiny contract at the end of the season. 

Offciating.... Not even going to bother.

Overall looking at the big picture,  every game besides the Pittsburgh game we have been aggressive, resilient, determined, and mentally tough.  We have made tremendous growth just from three years ago.  We get caught up so much in the now that we forget about all the progress we've made.  We're still one or two key pieces away.  But I truly believe next year will be NFC conference title contenders.  We're so close but we just need a little more time a good draft and a good off-season of free agency. 

Just enjoy the ride this season and hope for wildcard spot. 

HTTR 

Have to disagree with you on Norman, he was beat often and if it wasn't for some bad passes to Green he would have had 200 yrds. I believe one long pass where Green did catch it except the throw took him out of bounds but the point is it was there and he did catch it. Also Norman had to resort to fouls to try and slow him down, 5 were called penalties in fact. (breeland had what?3? also) And yes his hands, reminds me of Champ Bailey dropping sure fire INT's

4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:
  • 3rd and 19 at WSH 44

(0:30 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to J.Reed to CIN 48 for 8 yards (V.Rey) [C.Dunlap]

•  

(0:02 - OT) Timeout #2 by WAS at 00:02.

• 4th and 11 at CIN 48

(0:02 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep left to P.Garcon [G.Atkins]

Would have liked to see us throw it on 4th and go for the 1st down toward the sideline with maybe 10-15 seconds left. 

Then we have a TO to work the middle of the field for a few more quick yards and set up a FG. If we don't convert, The bengals had 0 TOs. Defend the sidelines and they can't get into FG range and spike it before time expires. If they do, well that's pathetic and we deserve to lose.

Play the odds. That's a much better shot at winning then a 50yard Hail Mary 

^^^^^

what are u watching, Green racked up a bunch of yards while Norman stepped out for a couple of plays.  Green is a freak of a WR, Norman did as good of a Job that any human being possibly could.  

He typically does not drop picks, but this contradicts your statement above, he was in position to make multiple plays against Green.  

What are your expectations???? Josh Norman is the best NFL player the Redskins have had in a very long time.....(except Sean Taylor) it's not even close. Wake up.  

4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

So are you unhappy with the play calling or the clock management, 3 passes that netted us 9 yards were the killer, at that point its 4th and 19 with 30 seconds remaining, I just don't get how the clock was mismanaged, you can't call that timeout with 30 seconds remaining and a 4th and 19 when your at midfield.

I think GHH is saying that at some point on that last drive, it appeared we were playing to not lose instead of to win. After the 2nd down screen to Crowder that got blown up, Gruden essentially waited 10 seconds from :40 to :30 before calling timeout. I know there's a fear of leaving too much time for Cincy in case the ensuing 3rd down pass fell incomplete and you had to punt, but if you run the play with :40 left, worst case in case of an incompletion is that you'll be punting from your own 40 with probably 30-35 seconds left, which would give Cincy the ball deep in their own territory with at most 25 seconds left and no timeouts.

And then after the 3rd down pass which gets it to midfield.....why not, instead of running the clock down to 2 seconds left to set up for a hail mary, maybe run it down to 10 seconds and call a quick out to attempt to get 15 yards and out of bounds with around 5 seconds left.  If its completed, Hopkins is set up for another GWFG attempt; if not, you only leave Cincy a chance at their own hail mary (dicey when they have AJ Green as the Browns found out, but still). I guess you could also have the possibility of Cousins getting sacked back at his own 40 and setting them up for a 58-yard FG, but perhaps take steps like rolling Cousins out to preclude that.

It just seems that too often coaches play with the worst-case scenario in mind, when there are ways to mitigate against it.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Sure if our D was shutting down every opponents to 0 we would win every game. Our D played a good game against Cincy, and stood up when they had to. Especially in OT where they got a fumble recovery on a QB sneak, or an INT late in the game. Both by Compton, and Lanier for the FR. You cannot discard the pressure and heat Joe Barry displayed on the Bengals at the end of regulation, which was night and day compared to the end of Detroit.

The guy got embarassed by few players after Detroit and responded massively.

Are they perfect? no, but they did not fail in any way against the Bengals. If not for another hasardous penalty on Dunbar, they would have mostly hold their own and force a FG for the Bengals late in the game (if not for the penalty, it would have been 3rd and goal instead of 1st and goal on the 1 yard line).

That's standard NFL Rules, not the Rules the Redskins are playing with. We should all know that by now.

yeah ok...never said they had to hold a team to zero points...look at the teams that have top 10 defenses,all of them are holding teams below 21 points a game...So again how is this a good defense?

26 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think GHH is saying that at some point on that last drive, it appeared we were playing to not lose instead of to win. After the 2nd down screen to Crowder that got blown up, Gruden essentially waited 10 seconds from :40 to :30 before calling timeout. I know there's a fear of leaving too much time for Cincy in case the ensuing 3rd down pass fell incomplete and you had to punt, but if you run the play with :40 left, worst case in case of an incompletion is that you'll be punting from your own 40 with probably 30-35 seconds left, which would give Cincy the ball deep in their own territory with at most 25 seconds left and no timeouts.

And then after the 3rd down pass which gets it to midfield.....why not, instead of running the clock down to 2 seconds left to set up for a hail mary, maybe run it down to 10 seconds and call a quick out to attempt to get 15 yards and out of bounds with around 5 seconds left.  If its completed, Hopkins is set up for another GWFG attempt; if not, you only leave Cincy a chance at their own hail mary (dicey when they have AJ Green as the Browns found out, but still). I guess you could also have the possibility of Cousins getting sacked back at his own 40 and setting them up for a 58-yard FG, but perhaps take steps like rolling Cousins out to preclude that.

It just seems that too often coaches play with the worst-case scenario in mind, when there are ways to mitigate against it.

Those are fair points, I think your right in that sometimes you play defense when you're on offense, you have to and especially when the refs are killing you.  If we run that 10 yard out and we miss it and they get the ball at our 48 with 1-3 seconds it only takes 1 pass interference call to give them a chance to win.

I'm not saying I'm absolutely 100% right in my opinion but I can see why Jay did what he did and it seems so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, there are so many reasons why we tied that game and the clock management is like 50th on the list.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Come on with the ST thing already. Samuels was better, portis, moss, were better. Trent is better. Norman is better hands down. He's the best defensive player we've had since Daryl Green retired. 

Hahahahahhahaha!  This is the funniest post I have ever read......

Archived