Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awful,bitter taste in my mouth.

Nfcbeasts4721

The game yesterday left a horrible taste in my mouth. I just watched a clip on yesterday's game and I can not believe how horrible the officiating was from the no call to the bungle who laid his helmet on deseans helmet right in front of a ref...and the face mask on crowder when he scored was disgusting..again right in front of a ref.

The refs out right ****ed us yesterday... I see ****ty officiated games and some of them are with the Redskins in it and some are not. I have never been one to blame a loss on ****ty officiating.I don't believe in it.... So yeah the officiating was horrible yesterday we had to fight with the officials we had to fight in the battle with the Bengals just for it to come out in a tie I mean when Hopkins stepped up for the win I just had the biggest sigh of relief that it was finally over and that we beat the officiating team and The Bengals...than he missed...we didn't win we didn't lose...uggghhh such a ****ty taste in my mouth for a long two weeks.

So after having 24hrs to cool off here's what I have to say about the game (if it even matters) 

First, Hopkins is still ine of the BEST kickers Washington has had in a very, very long time. Not blaming him.

Josh Norman is underrated, even with all the hype. He did what he had to do to shut down one of the top 3 WR in the game. He needs to work on his hands tho. But he still did what he had to do considerig the concusiion and the hand injury. 

Cousins. Oh boy, do I need to start eating some crow for Cousins. If he keeps up the confidence and playstyle he recently found as of late for the rest of the season, then he'll find himself a nice shiny contract at the end of the season. 

Offciating.... Not even going to bother.

Overall looking at the big picture,  every game besides the Pittsburgh game we have been aggressive, resilient, determined, and mentally tough.  We have made tremendous growth just from three years ago.  We get caught up so much in the now that we forget about all the progress we've made.  We're still one or two key pieces away.  But I truly believe next year will be NFC conference title contenders.  We're so close but we just need a little more time a good draft and a good off-season of free agency. 

Just enjoy the ride this season and hope for wildcard spot. 

HTTR 

Yeah it was Hopkins fault we didn't end the game in the w column...Hopkins is a great field goal kicker and very proud he is on our team...but he had it, had the game right there to win...we knew Marv was gonna ice him...I called it I'm sure plenty of u did also...I just wanted to rage when he missed.

5 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Thanks captain obvious...I mean ya ever step back and think about this DICK Tracy...nobody's perfect and pointing everyone's flaws out rudely makes you a mean person...and that makes me lol

6 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Thanks captain obvious...I mean ya ever step back and think about this DICK Tracy...nobody's perfect and pointing everyone's flaws out rudely makes you a mean person...and that makes me lol

TZ4F6.gif

Anyway, go get your tinfoil hat on and head towards the conspiracy thread.  Since you need Captain Obvious to come to your rescue, if you watch any other NFL games, you'll see that there are bad calls in those games too.  

But honestly, you know which teams get the most penalties called on them?  It's the undisciplined ones.  Quit making excuses.  We did not execute when we needed to and committed terrible penalties all game long.  Of course some of them were questionable calls.  JUST_LIKE_IN_EVERY_OTHER_GAME.

img.jpg

That bull**** penalty on Pierre is what pushed us out of FG range.  That was such a joke of a call!  Yes Hopkins should have made the damn 34 yarder but then we have a second chance to win it and the refs took it away from us.  And why the **** can a coach call timeout after the ball has been snapped for a FG attempt?  Was it just me or did it seem like we got the snap off before the TO...probably not but I'm just so frustrated with this ****ing tie bull****.

Just now, Hail4Life said:

That bull**** penalty on Pierre is what pushed us out of FG range.  That was such a joke of a call!  Yes Hopkins should have made the damn 34 yarder but then we have a second chance to win it and the refs took it away from us.  And why the **** can a coach call timeout after the ball has been snapped for a FG attempt?  Was it just me or did it seem like we got the snap off before the TO...probably not but I'm just so frustrated with this ****ing tie bull****.

When you know the refs are inconsistent and bad which we all knew from the end of the first half or sooner, then you know that you take the game out of their hands. We shouldn't have needed that second chance...hell, we shouldn't have even needed overtime if the defense could have stopped their offense.

35 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That and settling for the tie after the Dalton fumble. Never understand the reasoning that lead to that bungled last minute. 

Hail. 

I don't get this, the Garcon penalty is what cost us a chance at a FG, after that we threw incomplete pass, a 1yard pass to Crowder,  and an 8 yard pass to Reed which gave us 4th and 19 with 30 seconds and the clock ticking, you can't go for that with any time left on the clock or Cincy gets a chance to throw 1 pass and get in FG range.

Anyone think the Redskins coaching staff could call a fake punt from it's own 27 yard line down 10 points like the cowturds did yesterday? Me either.

Why we tied yesterday

1. Rushing game blocking. Now obv Kelly looked better then MJ (he didn't fumble) but his running lanes were crushed all game. Every time he took a hand off he was getting hit immediately. Now he looked like Alf in the sense he hardly ever (can't remember one) was taken down by the first hit. He was a yards after contact beast yesterday. It's possible that he doesn't have vision to avoid those hits and was just running into people but this offensive line clearly is built to protect the QB but if he could have had better blocking he likely would have done better then he did. If we got more from the RB position yesterday we would have won.

2. Kicking game. No way in hell that Hopkins should have missed a 55 yard and a 34 yard field goal in the same game or anyone. They have one job, kick that ball through the goal post. If you can't get that right you won't be long for this league. Now don't take this as me saying I want to replace him, I'm saying he needs to show up to play and be ready to deal with icing the kicker and make those kicks. Nothing more demoralizing to an offense that matches down the field only to see that guy sitting on the bench doing nothing miss a kick. Two is unacceptable

3. Defense. Sorry but calling as I see it. Bengals first three possessions after halftime were for TDs. Blame that on the D coordinator not adjusting to the other guys adjustments but that can't continue to happen every week.

The Refs sucked, they always suck. It will always be us against the Refs and the other teams when we are on the field. Nothing about that changes, just expect it. If the guys perform like they should it won't matter. If they take a TD off the board one play, go get it on the next play. If we execute then it won't matter.

31 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I don't get this, the Garcon penalty is what cost us a chance at a FG, after that we threw incomplete pass, a 1yard pass to Crowder,  and an 8 yard pass to Reed which gave us 4th and 19 with 30 seconds and the clock ticking, you can't go for that with any time left on the clock or Cincy gets a chance to throw 1 pass and get in FG range.

You pick the ball up with over a minute left, on their 47, with two time outs. Yeah, the PI penalty moves you back. But why not run it from the off? Even if you don't get the first, you're still leaving Hopkins with the chance. To then run 16 and 28 seconds off the clock on 2nd and third down, all for 1 and 8 yard short passes ..... Come on man. We bungled that massively whichever way you cut it and settled for the tie over going for the win. 

Hail. 

16 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Cool now I no ware 2 go next thyme I want too rant...

I'm not a grammar Nazi (glass houses and all that) but you may have just set an ES record for number of spelling and grammar errors in one sentence there. You got 4 words misspelled out of 13 and used 2 and 'to' in the same sentence (and used the wrong form of to while you were at it).

And wholy **** how many times do I need to say I never ever have blamed a loss win or tie on officiating...there were some calls that needed to be made..the crowder getting his head almost ripped off his body should have been called...would it have changed the out come of the game?...hail ya for one lucky fan in the crowd who would have left with a souvenir...that's all that would have happend so hail no it wouldn't have changed the out come of the game...but the helmet to helmet on desean by the sideline could of made a change..enough to change the out come?...IDK because I never ever blame wins or losses on officiating.

How much ya make?

Y'all ever hear that joke?

Guy walks into a bar, asks for 3 shots of Jager. Shoots um pays and leaves.

Comes back 10 minutes later asks for 3 shots of vodka. Does the same thing 

???

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Spit?

I think you spelled that wrong 

Archived