Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rob Kelley Thread.

TradeTheBeal!

im stoked... so far his will power and strength to run up the gut and plow into the defense is nothing to ignore.  I havent seen anything that separates matt jones from fat rob thus far other then matt jones fumbles... so heres to a fumble free game and atleast 75 rushing yards fat rob!... just find #75 on the oline... he will create a hole for you.

this conversation is over.

jones needs to be on spot duty and kelley needs to be the number 1 guy.

its about finding extra yards vs giving yards up. this offense looks completely different when they're able to find 4 yards on a 2 yard run instead of losing 2 yards on a potential 5 yard run.

Love Kelley. I just can't help but imagine: what if we had a RB with his vision and fire, but with actual NFL measurables? He's like a 1% SPARQ athlete, his ceiling is probably capped. He could be a very good placeholder, but if we want to grow into a team with a truly dominant running game then he probably can't start long term unless he's truly the next Morris. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Love Kelley. I just can't help but imagine: what if we had a RB with his vision and fire, but with actual NFL measurables? He's like a 1% SPARQ athlete, his ceiling is probably capped. He could be a very good placeholder, but if we want to grow into a team with a truly dominant running game then he probably can't start long term unless he's truly the next Morris. 

We have this season to worry about and he's the best option easily.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

We have this season to worry about and he's the best option easily.

Seems the most likely solution to this year's RB issue, I agree. Just looks more natural than Jones, holds the ball, great vision and runs like his hair is on fire. 

I was definitely just talking about the future.

Kelley was decent today, not great, but I also think the Bengals run defense did a good job of closing running lanes pretty quick. I remember in I believe the 3rd quarter The O-line created what looked like a gaping hole in the middle, and Kelley made the correct cut back and was just about to go through it but the Bengals defender got back and made a good play.  If Kelley gets through that hole he might have been gone.

I'd like to see Kelley given a chance to get the workload, with Thompson as the change-up back, and Matt Jones come in as the 3rd down back where he can be a threat to bully his way over the first down marker and/or be a factor in the passing game.

Archived