Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Combo Thread: Redskins Flex Scheduling Updates/Playoff Positioning Updates

kleese

Anyhow, lets just focus on beating the Giants.  

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

You know, win or lose, I am still happy that we can talk about week 17 in a relevant fashion. It's so much more entertaining than being eliminated in Week 13

Amen brother.  If we miss out, I'm gonna be slightly disappointed, but not that much.  We weren't supposed to make it, just like last year.  But at least we didn't get curb stomped on the season.  

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They can win out or lose out.  But they have to lose to Dallas.  Then the Packers game doesn't matter, win or lose.  They can beat the Packers and we are still in.  

Yes. This is really all that matters. If they win,then we need them to win again.

3 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Tampa and Detroit loss this week means we control our own destiny.  Come on NO, come on Dallas.  

A Detroit loss does not quite give us control but it is as close to control you can get without actually having it since a tie between the Packers and Lions would eliminate us.  Figure Redskins and Bucs will be the late games and the Pack and Lions the Sunday night game.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone think Dallas is now more likely to sit some players due to Mariotta and Carr?

No, but even if they do bench Prescott, Romo will be pushing to have the game of his life to set him up for whatever his next destination may be.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone think Dallas is now more likely to sit some players due to Mariotta and Carr?

Hard to say. I read an article about how Jerry Jones is still thinking about a playoff loss they had in 2007 to the Giants, which he thought was related to sitting their starters towards the end. I've learned not to put much stock in whatever Jerry says about starters and quarterbacks, but I also half imagine they'd want Prescott out there to keep him polished. Someone in another thread mentioned that having Dak sit for multiple weeks with the bye week would be an awfully long time, which is certainly true for a rookie.

Just now, Bacon said:

No, but even if they do bench Prescott, Romo will be pushing to have the game of his life to set him up for whatever his next destination may be.

Good point. Hopefully Romo hasn't gotten too much rust on him after all this time.

Interesting that Seattle has temporarily fallen into the #4 seed and will still be only #3 if Detroit loses.

I think the opponent that we have the best chance against in the WC round is probably Detroit. But I think it would be interesting to get a crack at Seattle, especially after the playoff misery against them in 2005, 2007, and 2012.

Any idea of who would get the #2 seed between ATL and DET if both happened to finish 11-5?

13 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think the opponent that we have the best chance against in the WC round is probably Detroit. But I think it would be interesting to get a crack at Seattle, especially after the playoff misery against them in 2005, 2007, and 2012.

yeah, I agree. Detroit would be the best chance to get a win against in the wildcard round. and, like you said, if we HAVE to face the seahawks (if we get the 6th seed), I wouldn't be too upset.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You realize he was joking right?  

yes. my point was he is wrong, because they don't play tomorrow. they play Monday.

THAT is why I was saying he's wrong.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

yeah, I agree. Detroit would be the best chance to get a win against in the wildcard round. and, like you said, if we HAVE to face the seahawks (if we get the 6th seed), I wouldn't be too upset.

We're locked into the 6th seed if we make the playoffs. Question will be who gets the #3 seed.

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

We're locked into the 6th seed if we make the playoffs. Question will be who gets the #3 seed.

well yeah. should have worded that differently. when I said "if we get the 6th seed", I meant if we get into the playoffs. 6th seed is the only possibility.

I just played with the ESPN playoff machine, and from the looks of it, if the saints beat the falcons next weekend, the falcons would be the 3 seed, while the seahawks move back into the 6 seed. however, if the falcons win, then the falcons keep the 2 seed and the seahawks stay in the 3 seed. so if we get in the playoffs, we'd travel to either Seattle, or Atlanta. For the Giants, depending on the outcome of the packers vs lions game, they'd have to travel to Green Bay or Detroit.

Giants would definitely have the easiest wildcard weekend opponent possibilities, while ours would be very difficult.

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

false.

think about it, and you'll realize why ;) 

I realize Detroit and GB could tie but honestly, what are the odds of that happening? The rest is just a formality.

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

yes. my point was he is wrong, because they don't play tomorrow. they play Monday.

THAT is why I was saying he's wrong.

? Good catch.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I realize Detroit and GB could tie but honestly, what are the odds of that happening? The rest is just a formality.

yes, I know. I was getting at how you said tomorrow, when the lions cowboys game isn't tomorrow. other than that, you are definitely correct in that all we need is dallas to beat Detroit and we're in with a win

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

A Detroit loss does not quite give us control but it is as close to control you can get without actually having it since a tie between the Packers and Lions would eliminate us.  Figure Redskins and Bucs will be the late games and the Pack and Lions the Sunday night game.

Haha, good point didn't think about a tie.  If the lions win tomorrow I think we are probably out.  Can't see the lions beating the packers, especially if it's not do-or-die.  

Archived