Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Combo Thread: Redskins Flex Scheduling Updates/Playoff Positioning Updates

kleese

I was on the "we don't deserve the playoffs" bus after Monday but I'm rooting for NO and DAL to win now! 

Even if we don't make the playoffs, going into the last week of the season with the playoffs in reach 2 years in a row makes me hopeful for the future. 

6 minutes ago, pop0422 said:

I was on the "we don't deserve the playoffs" bus after Monday but I'm rooting for NO and DAL to win now! 

Even if we don't make the playoffs, going into the last week of the season with the playoffs in reach 2 years in a row makes me hopeful for the future. 

i agree 100 percent. i'm going to the game next week so i was hoping it would mean something, and it's looking like it will :)

1 minute ago, this isn't happening said:

Can someone run our playoff scenarios past me real quick? We need the Saints to beat the Bucs, Cowboys to beat the Lions, and we need to beat the Giants. Anything else?

Actually we need Detroit to lose twice, right?

1. We HAVE to win. If that happens:

2. We need Bucs to lose today or next week (Panthers). That way they finish 9-7, which is worse than our potential 9-6-1

3. Need the Lions to lose tomorrow (Dallas). In that case they drop to 9-6 and their week 17 matchup (Packers) decides the winner of NFC North. Loser finishes 9-7 and goes home.

- If Bucs win both, we are out.

- If Lions win tomorrow, we need them to win week 17 against the Packers. And make the Packers finish 9-7. If they lose to Dallas, we don't care about their game.

7 minutes ago, this isn't happening said:

Can someone run our playoff scenarios past me real quick? We need the Saints to beat the Bucs, Cowboys to beat the Lions, and we need to beat the Giants. Anything else?

Actually we need Detroit to lose twice, right?

If bucs lose and lions lose Monday, we are in with a win next week no matter what. If bucs lose but lions win, we need GB to lose next week and us to win. If bucs win and lions win, we need bucs and GB to lose, and us to win next week. Think that's it

2 minutes ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

1. We HAVE to win. If that happens:

2. We need Bucs to lose today or next week (Panthers). That way they finish 9-7, which is worse than our potential 9-6-1

3. Need the Lions to lose tomorrow (Dallas). In that case they drop to 9-6 and their week 17 matchup (Packers) decides the winner of NFC North. Loser finishes 9-7 and goes home.

- If Bucs win both, we are out.

- If Lions win tomorrow, we need them to win week 17 against the Packers. And make the Packers finish 9-7. If they lose to Dallas, we don't care about their game.

Thanks. Our playoff hopes seem more realistic than I thought.

~crosses fingers~

16 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Basically the easy scenario is, if the Saints can keep with the 14 point lead and win, we just need the Lions to lose tomorrow night.  If that happens we control our destiny with a win over the Giants.

It would mean we would face Detroit or GB in first round if we win out. 

Archived