Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Combo Thread: Redskins Flex Scheduling Updates/Playoff Positioning Updates

kleese

6 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Does anyone actually think that we could win a game against one of the playoff teams? I don't. it would be nice to get in but we're not going anywhere if we do. 

We should have beaten Detroit, we should have beaten Dallas at least once, we beat Giants once and maybe twice, we killed GB...

Just now, Alexa said:

Does anyone actually think that we could win a game against one of the playoff teams? I don't. it would be nice to get in but we're not going anywhere if we do. 

Considering how horrible our defense is outside of a few players, making the playoffs is a huge achievement.  I projected we could end up anywhere between 7-9 wins.  Making the playoffs with 9 wins, again, is great.  You have a shot.  That's all teams, players and fans want........a chance, a shot.  And I believe with our offense, we could beat Green Bay or Detroit in the wild card game.  

Why wouldn't we think we could advance?  And Dallas?  pffft..........while they have won a lot of games, they have gotten a lot of breaks.  

Do I think the Redskins could beat the Lions? Yes.

Do I think they could beat the Giants? Yes.

if the Redskins offense is focused and clicking, I think they can beat any team in the NFC outside of maybe Atlanta.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Wrong.  If Dallas beats Detroit, then we are in if we win.

Nope.  I'm right.

If Dallas beats Detroit, they fall to 9-6 and tied with Green Bay.  So a tie would make both teams 9-6-1.  Green Bay wins their division tiebreaker by virtue of their win over Detroit earlier in year.  We lose wild card tiebreaker to Detroit because of our loss.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

We should have beaten Detroit, we should have beaten Dallas at least once, we beat Giants once and maybe twice, we killed GB...

Right now the way Rodgers is playing we could not beat Green Bay. We can't beat Seattle or Atlanta.  I could see us beating the Lions.

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Wrong.  If Dallas beats Detroit, then we are in if we win.

You are correct. We beat GB but lost to Detroit which means if they tie and we all end up at 9-6-1. Detroit has tiebreaker over GB on account of higher head-to-head which means Detroit would win division and we would beat GB in tiebreaker. 

Edit: Oops, I thought Detroit beat GB and not the other way around. Yes we could lose out if they tie. 

Right now the way Rodgers is playing we could not beat Green Bay. We can't beat Seattle or Atlanta.  I could see us beating the Lions.

Seattle isn't anything special without Lockett and Thomas. They only squeaked by today because Arizona absolutely collapsed. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

You are correct. We beat GB but lost to Detroit which means if they tie and we all end up at 9-6-1. Detroit has tiebreaker over GB on account of higher head-to-head which means Detroit would win division and we would beat GB in tiebreaker. 

I thought the Packers would win the division in that scenario?

Just now, LightningBuggs said:

Nope.  I'm right.

If Dallas beats Detroit, they fall to 9-6 and tied with Green Bay.  So a tie would make both teams 9-6-1.  Green Bay wins their division tiebreaker by virtue of their win over Detroit earlier in year.  We lose wild card tiebreaker to Detroit because of our loss.

Pfffttttttt..........a tie.  Ok, if they tie then we are out.  The probability of them ending in a tie is null imo.  Granted it could happen, but I'd put my house and paycheck on the line in a bet that it wont end in a tie.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If the Lions, Packers and Redskins all end up 9-6-1, I believe the Skins are out and the Lions are the #6 wildcard.

They tie.........got it lol  

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Exactly what I was thinking when he asked if he thinks we can beat any playoff teams, i mean come on! We already beat Giants and GB may make it as well. It's the same as people saying "do we deserve to make the playoffs?" If your record puts you in the playoffs you deserve to get in, every other team is trying too...

Archived