Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Lions Prediction Thread: Ain't no 'Lion' 'Bout It

skins island connection

I do think this game will be high scoring and a lot of fun to watch. Both of these teams are proficient on offense and I hope that the Redskins can show that they are the more balanced team on offense. If that happens and the Redskins are able to run like they did last week, then the Redskins win comfortably.

I have to say that there IS something to this Stafford/Jim Bob Cooter thing in Detroit however, and those two are making magic--CONSISTENTLY. I am VERY impressed with the Redskins defense the last couple weeks, but even if the Redskins play excellent again, this Detroit offense has a way of taking advantage and keeping games close.

Unfortunately, what I think will bite the Redskins in this one is their continued inability to stop the run. The Redskins simply lack the talent to consitently stop opposing running attacks, especially when facing a team that has such a potent passing game that the defense will be geared to stop that and poor tackling may ensue as the Redskins defenders over-persue.

Lions get the ball last and move into field goal position for the game winner as time expires... 

Lions 31

Redskins 30

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Redskins up 21-13 turn the ball over late, give up a TD & win 21-19 when Lions fail two point conversion when Matt Stafford hits a ref in the head with a ball across the middle, it deflects high & lands on top of the goalpost. ?✍?

With Stafford's arm, I would expect to see the ref's eyeball popping onto the field if this happens.

If there was a team "built" to beat us that maybe as a whole is not truly as good as we are, it's the Detroit Lions.

Nervous about this one.  I think Detroit gets the better of us and that stadium of theirs is just always so sleepy.

Redskins 26

Lions 34

The one thing I've done over the last two decades is allow myself to "desperately need" a victory whenever I thought the Redskins had a chance to be good.  Much more often than not my hopes were crushed leaving me in an emotional fetal position.  Until proven otherwise, I refuse to put myself in that precarious position again.

This is a big game for this franchise and honestly it's a game they should win, which means they will lose in heartbreaking, gut-wrenching fashion 27-26.

Pardon my pessimism, but this will be that typical "if a, would a, should a, could a" game that we've seen over and over and over again.

I beg this team to prove me wrong and win this game.  It could be ugly, lucky, or blown calls by the refs that help the Redskins win.  I really don't care!!!  Just win baby!!!  Just win!!! 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:23 PM, Darth Tater said:

31-7 Redskins...who gets it?  Another hint: Matt Jones gets exactly 119 yards rushing.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

119 -- TK's age

185 -- number of times Dan T. predicted a 74-3 score

140 -- number of assorted items i've broken over the years after a Redskins loss

166 -- how many hot wings Pot Roast can eat at one sitting.

Well, you said to decipher it...

I was adding some hints to his prediction. 

In theory, Jordan Reed missing this game should have a lot less impact then it did against the Eagles, but at the same time the Lions will also be game planning for those other guys where as the Eagles may have been sleeping on someone like Vernon Davis as a pass catching threat.

Winning a game without Reed was big, but I don't think we should get in this habit of believing the offense can always week in and week out overcome losing their most reliable receiving target.

Still, I think Washington is running into the right team at the right time, due to their bad pass defense.  

Remember all those games in recent history where the opponent has managed to bring in a depth chart WR and they magically have a career game against this defense only to return to relative obscurity after?  Wouldn't this be an absolute perfect time for a Ryan Grant or Rashad Ross to step up and ball out.....you know the defense is not going to be focusing on them much, they should get favorable matchups.  Step up guys!

Redskins 31

Lions 21

On 10/19/2016 at 5:06 AM, ldysknzfn1 said:

It's so hard to guess scores any more...I think we will win if we play a solid game like we did last week..

Let's see...

Skins......30

Lions...21

But minus kickoff returns for TD's & interception returns for TD's...right?  

21 minutes ago, William Barbour said:

NFL live just said DeSean Jackson is out. Is this true?

Re: D-Jax from the WP today...

Meanwhile, wide receiver DeSean Jackson will be questionable because of a shoulder issue. He practiced for the first time on Friday and said he expects to play. Jackson rested on Wednesday and Thursday because of soreness in his shoulder.

“He ran around pretty good,” Gruden said. ‘I don’t want to put a percentage on it. We’ll have to wait to see how he does tomorrow, see how much range of motion he has and if he’s good. But he said he felt a lot better today, so that’s a good thing.”

Sounds to me like he is playing.........?

Archived